• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zetterbeard40

Joe Louis Arena Music

Rate this topic

Those reports are wrong. I read the English newspapers every day, and he is still making $$ off that song. Glitter only just "agreed" to be put on the sexual predators list (what is wrong with the cops in England? Criminals have to "agree" to things???), late last week. He is currently penning a new album.

Regardless of whether he makes money on that song or not, I think there's another angle to consider. If professional sports want to project themselves as family-friendly entertainment, is it a good idea to play a song associated with a sick child predator?

I don't think a lot of you fully comprehend the effect rape has on a child. My mom put it best: it kills your soul.

Do you want to listen to a song created by a man who kills souls for a living?

Not very family-friendly, IMO.

Those reports are wrong. I read the English newspapers every day, and he is still making $$ off that song. Glitter only just "agreed" to be put on the sexual predators list (what is wrong with the cops in England? Criminals have to "agree" to things???), late last week. He is currently penning a new album.

Regardless of whether he makes money on that song or not, I think there's another angle to consider. If professional sports want to project themselves as family-friendly entertainment, is it a good idea to play a song associated with a sick child predator?

I don't think a lot of you fully comprehend the effect rape has on a child. My mom put it best: it kills your soul.

Do you want to listen to a song created by a man who kills souls for a living?

Not very family-friendly, IMO.

He no longer owns any rights to the song. He sold them all to this company:

http://www.crosstownsongs.com/#catalogues

They even list ownership of the song on the page I linked to. So does ASCAP. If he owned the song, he would get royalties from it. He doesn't. If he in fact have any royalties left from the song, they would come from purchases of the song, not from public performances of it. Recording artists don't make a dime from plays on the radio, arenas, or any other public performance - publishers do.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-royalties1.htm

"Welcome to the Black Parade" ~ My Chemical Romance

"Something in your Mouth" ~ Nickelback

"Highway to Hell" ~ Ac/Dc

"Hells Bells" ~ Ac/Dc

"Enter Sandman" ~ Metallica

I know there are more...

here is my taping of "just one" ~ Hoobastank during one of my many trips to the joe last post season

Edited by OsGOD

He no longer owns any rights to the song. He sold them all to this company:

http://www.crosstownsongs.com/#catalogues

They even list ownership of the song on the page I linked to. So does ASCAP. If he owned the song, he would get royalties from it. He doesn't. If he in fact have any royalties left from the song, they would come from purchases of the song, not from public performances of it. Recording artists don't make a dime from plays on the radio, arenas, or any other public performance - publishers do.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-royalties1.htm

We'll have to agree to disagree, but you're still missing the point.

It's not just about the money. The person responsible for that song is a monster, and it projects the wrong image at the arena. The song was written by a violent pedophile, and sports are supposed to be a great place to take your family. Do you want your children learning to chant "Hey" to a song written by a monster?

Rock and Roll Pt.2 is my favorite song eva!!!!!

Priests fondled little boys all the time and yet people still cram in those places of worship....

I will like that song regardless of the person who originally wrote it.. its one of the most noticeable arena songs of all time!

I am not denying Rape is wrong or even a horrible thing... all i am saying is you don't have to respect him as a person to appreciate a product they put out there for the masses.

Edited by OsGOD

Yeah the music at the Joe sucks. It's the same crap every game, every year. Tradition is great and all, but come on...mix it up a little. And Detroit isn't all about Motown. How about some Bob Seger or some Ted Nugent? I'm sure a few of their songs could get the crowd going. And do they ever play any Kid Rock?? The music there is just way too predictable.

Oh they come out to "Adrenaline" by 12 STones also... awesome song

they do play kid rock when he is in attendance.. which happens a few times a year lol Bullgod is the song of choice for the shots of him on the jumbotron

I think the music selections at the Joe are absolutely awful. His selections are very stale, and I think the guy who runs the music thinks he's a little too clever. He's played the same music for every situation for years on end.

You and I seem to be a in big minority.

Everyone loves the same tired old garbage this idiot has been playing for nearly 2 decades.

The clapping seals at the Joe froth at the mouth in anticipation of hearing 'What's Going On?' for the 56,494,395,576th time.

I'd like to smash this guys CD collection - which consists of 4 discs.

Does anybody have teh mix of The beginning of Dragnet's theme that cuts into Hit the road Jack?

I really have no idea where to start to be able to just make it on my own, although I'm sure it would be the easiest thing in the world to make.

And anyone know where I could Download Organ Music? Say, to put in for Chicago?

Just last week I submitted an online survey for being a Red Wings season ticket holder. They asked me what I would like to see changed the most about attending a game. I didn't have to think twice. After being a season ticket holder for 20+ years I hate the predictability of the music. I don't care what they play as long as it's not the same thing over and over and over...you get the point, I hope. With so many avenues of getting the word out, why doesn't the Red Wings organization use forums like these to drum up new stuff to play? You mean you can't come up with more than 2 songs to choose from to follow up with when an opposing team scores. I think I'm more upset with hearing the song, than having the other team score. And why someone would want to replicate this on his or her gaming system at home is beyond me.

Personally I like some of the songs but I wish they would play more classic rock like AC/DC and maybe some Zeplin or some more VH er somethin. I like the cleverness of the goal songs though like when kronwall scores they play 55 by sammy hagar. that kind of stuff pumps anyone up young or old.

The worst music in the league played at the joe. As much as i hate the Penguins they play the best music.

Horses***. That damn organist playing "Let's Go Pens" every 5 minutes automatically eliminates them.

Edmonton.

NHL arenas in general really need to stop playing this song.

I don't know, Sandstorm still gets me pumped up. One of the Best songs for the Treadmill at the Gym.

Guest scottj

i've only been to the joe twice and the first time i was too young to remember anything now

but the second time was on new years eve and that was disco night.... so ya, there's no such thing as good music on disco night

i did like "macho man" though when somebody from the avs started roughin up one of our players haha