• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/27 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Wings win 7-1

I hope that the all Wings boycott all future allstar games, as a big f-u to the league.

So they get a 1 game suspension, so what?

Even if they lose that game, who cares? they are still a premier team and don't seem to be slowing down.

Display those signs proudly!!!

Paddywaggon.JPG

esteef

I'll be there with my sign! We are having some nasty weather but it is not going to deter us. We are leaving to go to the game at 3:30pm. It is normally a 1.5 hour drive but will undoubtedly take longer because nobody knows how to drive on snow.

I am also hoping the BJ fans do what they usually do and just let us be Wings fans without argument. Certainly if anyone wants to argue, all I need to do point out that Steve Mason should also be suspended for the same [il]logic displayed by Bettman.

I think the Wings will step up their play tonight and win 4-2.

I'll be there with my sign! We are having some nasty weather but it is not going to deter us. We are leaving to go to the game at 3:30pm. It is normally a 1.5 hour drive but will undoubtedly take longer because nobody knows how to drive on snow.

I am also hoping the BJ fans do what they usually do and just let us be Wings fans without argument. Certainly if anyone wants to argue, all I need to do point out that Steve Mason should also be suspended for the same [il]logic displayed by Bettman.

I'm hoping my car will make it and I live a few blocks away from Nationwide. Good luck! Take your time.

What was Mason's reason for not being there?

:lol:

Is that your design and are there seriously a bunch of people bringing those tonight?

It'll be interesting to hear what Mick has to say during the pregame about the "suspensions".

Yes, that is my sign. Made it on Sunday afternoon. As far as I know, I am the only one that has this.

Problems with his back IIRC.

So a rookie goalie's back problems outweigh a 6 time Norris winning, 4 time Stanley Cup winning captain of hockey's best team, as well as a Selke winning, 2 time Cup winning most dominant player in hockey right now?

They play for Detroit, so of course.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Yes, that is my sign. Made it on Sunday afternoon. As far as I know, I am the only one that has this.

Excellent sign!...and the FREE LIDSTROM! and FREE PAVEL! signs too! Although I think it would be better as FREE DATSYUK! as there are other Pavels and it loses some effect.

We'll all be looking for them though! Great work!

esteef

I wanted to watch tonight to see how they fare without Datsyuk and that defenseman whose name slips my mind right now Lidstrom, but instead I'm headin out to see Johnny Tavares light up the Rangers :siren:;)

Go Wings!

Per MLive -

Red Wings goaltender Chris Osgood added: "What more is he supposed to do for the league?"

Datsyuk skated Monday but did not participate in the sprint drills at the end of practice. He left Tuesday's game in Phoenix with 15 minutes to play in the third period and his team trailing 4-3. He attributed his injury to skating on soft ice during the West Coast trip.

Datsyuk said he would have been a game-day decision had he been allowed to play tonight.

He, too, was critical of the league's stance.

"I'm not happy with this one," Datsyuk said. "I not agree, but it is what it is."

He said he was not aware that he could have avoided the ban by showing up for the off-ice functions, but he would not have gone anyway.

"There's lots of media there, and I'm not happy to talk to media," Datsyuk said. "Not understand English, and especially French, it's a little bit hard for me."

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said the players did the right thing to help their team.

"I support them fully in their decision," Babcock said.

Osgood senses an anti-Red Wings sentiment around the league.

"We probably are the New York Yankees of the NHL; people dislike us a lot," Osgood said. "We have our fans, but a lot of people probably love to see us lose and get guys suspended."

So a rookie goalie's back problems outweigh a 6 time Norris winning, 4 time Stanley Cup winning captain of hockey's best team, as well as a Selke winning, 2 time Cup winning most dominant player in hockey right now?

They play for Detroit, so of course.

He was a Young Star. They didn't have the same rule. Apparently if you're young, you can snap back much more quickly and don't have to miss a game to prove that you were really injured, unless you prove you were really injured by scmoozing the media at the game and letting your replacement do your work on the ice whilst you inform the media that you are really injured unlike those who stay home getting medical care for their injuries, who are obviously faking it and therefore need to be punished.

Wings Win. Run-on sentences are good luck.

Despite being short handed, and even despite having Ozzie in net, which these days is like guaranteeing that the other team will score at least 3 goals, I still say the Wings will win this evening.

Final score: 6-3

Scorers: Zetterberg 2, Hudler 1, Filppula 1, Hossa 1, Samuelsson 1

He was a Young Star. They didn't have the same rule. Apparently if you're young, you can snap back much more quickly and don't have to miss a game to prove that you were really injured, unless you prove you were really injured by scmoozing the media at the game and letting your replacement do your work on the ice whilst you inform the media that you are really injured unlike those who stay home getting medical care for their injuries, who are obviously faking it and therefore need to be punished.

:lol: Tell us how you REALLY feel!

:lol: Tell us how you REALLY feel!

Not enough time. I need to get ready for the playoffs and can't sit here typing until April.

I'm feeling a good night for Flip. Magic Wallpaper says so.

Lilja will also continue to impress and amaze.

Nice! Did you hear what Daniels said about Mason? He said he should have been the big story here by not playing, b/c he could be up for Calder or Vezina this year. Keating joked with him and said, "You ignorant little ****." Haha! It was priceless.

Can't WAIT for the game to start.