• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/10 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Predators 3

Rate this topic

Wow, these refs are being brutal to the preds! Good thing the Wings are disciplined otherwise we'd be seeing penalties too. Micky was right, the hooking call was bull. I'd love to know the reason behind the unsportsmanlike, it must have been good to call it on a team down 2-0 in the first.

I think the preds are going to sloppy in the second and will get rough, take even more penalties, but it might work out in their favor if they can get emotion and the crowd into it.

Wow, these refs are being brutal to the preds! Good thing the Wings are disciplined otherwise we'd be seeing penalties too. Micky was right, the hooking call was bull. I'd love to know the reason behind the unsportsmanlike, it must have been good to call it on a team down 2-0 in the first.

I think the preds are going to sloppy in the second and will get rough, take even more penalties, but it might work out in their favor if they can get emotion and the crowd into it.

Well not really. I think the ref was fair and I thought once that Preds had to get PP but not all ref can do everything fairly.

And who cares. This ref is way better than Dan O Hollaran

Not new-thread worthy, but did anyone else switch over to the Sharks-Bruins game during intermission? Start of 3rd, 2-1 Bruins.

There is a thread for that game! I'm watching, hopefully the Bruins win so we can tie the Sharks for the 1st position after tonight :)

Edited by dat's sick

I love Hossa to pieces but I think Conks was the more important of the two signings.

I think you're right, considering Hossa was the one to contribute heavily to the W's early on when the Wings needed offense. Now, I am not so sure that Conklin isn't as instrumental. Stingy goalie means more offensive chances all around, because the team will take chances they ordinarily might not.

Hossa does not fit the Drake bill. Drake was on his last legs - he was desperate. Hossa practically has another decades worth chances. The desperation doesn't even compare.

I guess I can understand that point, but wouldn't you also agree turning down upwards of between $50 and $80 million offers to sign a 1 year deal with a team to win as someone who's hungry to win the Cup?

Few thoughts from a demoralized enemy here :P

1. Your power play is spectacular.

2. Our penalty kill used to be.

3. Marleau just tied it for San Jose, sorry...

4. It'd be about 6-0 if it weren't for Rinne, he's bailed us out big time.

5. The one or two chances we had were decent I think.

6. I heard you need goaltender help, how about Ellis for Zetterberg and Hossa? :lol:

7. For the love of all thats good, our crowd is always better than this. Especially against the Wings.

8. Back to the beer.

Hossa does not fit the Drake bill. Drake was on his last legs - he was desperate. Hossa practically has another decades worth chances. The desperation doesn't even compare.

True, but there really wasn't a Dallas Drake kind of guy out there. Drake was a unique player. He always played balls to the walls heart in his throat and no regard for his own body. I called it kamikazee hockey, and I always loved Drake for it, even as a Blue. He also had a positive attitude and great personality to have in your locker room. He was one of a kind, and I think that is what the Wings have been lacking this season, but is also something almost impossible to find.

I guess I can understand that point, but wouldn't you also agree turning down upwards of between $50 and $80 million offers to sign a 1 year deal with a team to win as someone who's hungry to win the Cup?

I dont think YG is arguing he isnt hungry for a Cup, rather he isnt like Drake in the sense this is his last shot. Guys like Roberts, Nolan, Recchi, Guerin, Roenick etc. Are the types he meant, I'm pretty sure :P

What in God's name are you talking about?

The fact that Lilja has been having the best season of his career this year. He has made smart choices with the puck, been using his body well, and is the best shot blocker on this team, and in my opinion the second best d-man on the PK after Lidstrom, maybe even equal to Lids on the PK.