• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13datsberg40

Would Nik Antropov Fit In As A Wing?

Rate this topic

here me out first.

ok i know we had our leaf tryout once with cujo and that didnt work out that well. but say we can't sign hossa which as bad as i would love him i dont think we will. Do you think Nik Antropov would work for us. He's a big body at 6'6". He has hands. He can score. Yes he's playing with the leafs but he's there only offence and doesnt have anyone to play with.

If you put him with z or dats i think he could produce 40 goals. becasue lets face it holmer isn't going to be around forever (i wish he would play till he died!) putting a big body like him and place him infront of the net he can produce. and i can tell you right now we have some players that are expenable. (emmerton, mcgrath,abdelkader(i love these players but its tough to watch them because when are they going to crack this line up?)) as well as some draft picks. and burke is looking to rebuild and doesnt look like he wants to re-sign antropov. i think holland can sign him for cheap. i mean he doesnt have the best stats in the world right now and cant ask for more then 4 mill a year. but i think we need that big body on our roster and i think he could produce.

i would hate to see him screw over hudler for a a roster spot. if you look at who we could be loosing next year. maltby to retirement, sammy, leino(PLEASE PLEASE RE-SIGN HIM) but he could easily take over sammys spot. antropov may not cheaper but he is some solid secondary scoring.

What do you think? (and be nice i'm just suggesting)

Absolutely.

Filppula for Antropov and a pick of some sorts. Nik more than adequately replaces Fil now and we free up $3M to spend on our free agents this summer.

Think Calder/Williams and Kenny has mentioned that a trade like that (a contract for an expiring one) is one possibility of a move he could make.

The package Burke is going to want for Antropov will be much more then Wings should pay, besides Antropov isnt even that good, and isnt physical. Maybe if they'd take Fillpula straight for him to free up room, but otherwise I would'nt be in favor of it.

Living near Toronto, I see a lot of Antropov, and I'll be the first to say I do not want him in a Red Wings uniform. He's essentially a more talented version of Kopecky, though not skilled enough to warrant the package Burke will undoubtedly want for him. He's slow and sluggish, and he does not use his size very well to his advantage.

Living near Toronto, I see a lot of Antropov, and I'll be the first to say I do not want him in a Red Wings uniform. He's essentially a more talented version of Kopecky, though not skilled enough to warrant the package Burke will undoubtedly want for him. He's slow and sluggish, and he does not use his size very well to his advantage.

exactly, I live in so called "Leafs Territory" so I know all about the leafs and watch them sometimes when the Wings aren't on,

the Kopecky comparison is right on, or you can flip it and say he is the less talented version of Langer.

Also Burke says he wants a first for Antropov, luckily for us we have a Gm that isn't dumb, but im sure burke will find some GM to fleece on that deal

Besides, I'd much rather see kenny re-sign Franzen who is a much better all around player than re-sign antropov for probably the same $$

ok i know we had our leaf tryout once with cujo and that didnt work out that well.

I don't really get what you mean by this? We also snagged "The Human Pilon", Larry Murphy from the Maple Leafs (if memory serves). He turned out to be a missing piece that helped lead us to back to back Cups.

As far as Andropov goes... Flip>Andropov. We gain nothing that we don't already have. Even if Hossa goes elsewhere (please God... no). Although, a salary dump might be nice.

Edited by Broken 16

exactly, I live in so called "Leafs Territory" so I know all about the leafs and watch them sometimes when the Wings aren't on,

the Kopecky comparison is right on, or you can flip it and say he is the less talented version of Langer.

Also Burke says he wants a first for Antropov, luckily for us we have a Gm that isn't dumb, but im sure burke will find some GM to fleece on that deal

Besides, I'd much rather see kenny re-sign Franzen who is a much better all around player than re-sign antropov for probably the same $$

No one says we have to re-sign Antropov.

Well, he's from Kazakhstan, like Borat is. :)

Seriously, though, he's got some talent, but would be too slow for our style of hockey on the top 2 lines. Also, he doesn't fight, which makes his size utterly useless.

Also, he's horrendous on faceoffs, which is odd considering how he played with some great faceoff men in his career with Toronto. You'd think he would have learned something from them.

Lastly, the price tag would be too high for us. We need to find a way to re-sign Hossa, and then Franzen. Signing a big, useless stiff comes somewhere lower in the pecking order.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Also, he doesn't fight, which makes his size utterly useless.

Huh? When I think of an ideal player with size I think of someone who can deliver big hits, absorb hits and is tough to knock off the puck. Fighting? That's a bonus but it's way less important than hitting, absorbing hits and being tough to knock off the puck. Those three things are what guys with size should be good at.

There have been tons of great fighters under 6'2.

Huh? When I think of an ideal player with size I think of someone who can deliver big hits, absorb hits and is tough to knock off the puck. Fighting? That's a bonus but it's way less important than hitting, absorbing hits and being tough to knock off the puck. Those three things are what guys with size should be good at.

There have been tons of great fighters under 6'2.

Antropov can't hit, so your point is mute. I'd rather have a guy that can hit and fight.

Currently Lilja is the only guy we actively use who can do both.

for the love of god no. i think kopecky brings more to the table then antropov does. remember the point is to improve our team not to weaken it. again no. besides i wouldnt piss on burke if he was on fire. why help him???

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Antropov anywhere near this team, but to say Kopecky brings more to the table than Nik does is complete and utter bulls***. Kopecky has potential, but while Antropov isn't the star-caliber player some make him out to be, it's unlikely Kopecky will ever be as good as him.