• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Yeah, but shouldn't they stick to trading with contenders instead of each other?

Oh, I highly doubt they'll deal with each other again, but both will be very active teams up until the deadline. Pens will probably push for the playoffs because I think Shero's job depends on it.

Ducks will sell off bit parts here and there and I think they'll try hard to move Pronger. I think Niedermayer will only go if he goes to Duck management and says that he wants to go somewhere else (no NTC, but has a gentlemen's agreement with the Ducks).

Kunitz is a pesky little f*****. I think he's a SoCal product too.

esteef

you think wrong...or you don't think. He is from Ferris State. That would be right here in Michigan. I watched him play for 4 years. He is pesky and good, I wish he would stop playing for teams I hate.

Oh, I highly doubt they'll deal with each other again, but both will be very active teams up until the deadline. Pens will probably push for the playoffs because I think Shero's job depends on it.

Ducks will sell off bit parts here and there and I think they'll try hard to move Pronger. I think Niedermayer will only go if he goes to Duck management and says that he wants to go somewhere else (no NTC, but has a gentlemen's agreement with the Ducks).

Good point. To everyone's surprise, I don't think either the Pens or Ducks will be in or even near the playoffs when all is said and done. But Shero's gone in that case, so he might as well make a play for it.

Bad trade by the Penguins, and the Ducks might be able to push for the playoffs with Whitney. Plus with Neidermayer and Pronger both possibly gone at the end of the season Whitney will be key to the Ducks continuing to be a contender. Great trade by Anaheim, bad trade by Pittsburgh, they did not need another average winger...

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread Updated. Thanks Mack_Attack.

And thanks to yerself here, too for taking the time to put in-depth info on here. Some of you posters really know your s*** or at least know where to go look for it and whether I like it or not, I'm learning as I go.

:blink:

Bad trade by the Penguins, and the Ducks might be able to push for the playoffs with Whitney. Plus with Neidermayer and Pronger both possibly gone at the end of the season Whitney will be key to the Ducks continuing to be a contender. Great trade by Anaheim, bad trade by Pittsburgh, they did not need another average winger...

They got a pretty good prospect in Tangradi.

Is Whitney the one who was injured? And if so, they think he's healed?

From the "Notes" at the end of the Islanders- Pittsburgh game yesterday at nhl dot com:

"Notes: The Penguins also were without D Ryan Whitney, who left the team for personal reasons but is expected back Friday."

Yes, with another team.

you think wrong...or you don't think. He is from Ferris State. That would be right here in Michigan. I watched him play for 4 years. He is pesky and good, I wish he would stop playing for teams I hate.

Yep, I musta been thinking about someone else. I heard the Duck's broadcasters mention something about a homegrown guy on the team and thought they said Kunitz. That's what I get for listening to a Duck's broadcast! :P

esteef

I disagree, all I hear from Pens fans is how bad Whitney has been. So they dump a lot of salary get a good prospect and can get a big name to help crosby. Of course you'd think the Pens would have learned that winning starts at the defensive end......

Yep, I musta been thinking about someone else. I heard the Duck's broadcasters mention something about a homegrown guy on the team and thought they said Kunitz. That's what I get for listening to a Duck's broadcast! :P

esteef

Brian Hayward is, in my opinion, one of the worst commentators in the league. But yeah, Kunitz is a nice pick up for the Pens. That guy forechecks so hard and will hit anything in the offensive zone. I think it is now blatantly obvious that Pronger is leaving the Ducks as well with Whintey joining the team. I hear he has already sold his So Cal house.

Word on the street is that Pronger will be traded to the Bruins.

Huh. Didn't have any reason to hate the Bruins before. Guess we should at least be thankful that the Ducks and Sharks are in the same division, pretty much guaranteeing that San Jose wouldn't even get a sniff of him.

Huh. Didn't have any reason to hate the Bruins before. Guess we should at least be thankful that the Ducks and Sharks are in the same division, pretty much guaranteeing that San Jose wouldn't even get a sniff of him.

I had the same thought. Pronger on the Sharks in the playoffs worries me a lot more than a 43-year-old LeTurtle.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Anyone else remember the Pens fan from last year who was posting here and declared that Whitney would own the Norris for the next 10 years?

yeah, beat me too it haha

Word on the street is that Pronger will be traded to the Bruins.

Yeah, they're looking to get Kaberle or Pronger. Kaberle's cap hit is cheaper ($2 million less per year), but Pronger's deal runs out before cap Armageddon hits in the summer of 2010.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Yeah, they're looking to get Kaberle or Pronger. Kaberle's cap hit is cheaper ($2 million less per year), but Pronger's deal runs out before cap Armageddon hits in the summer of 2010.

That still might not happen, and a team that gambles big on it may be rewarded with some big names

If you ask me, the Penguins won this trade by a landslide. They picked up a very valuable piece of the puzzle in Kunitz, and were able to dump a very overrated piece of the puzzle in Whitney.