• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/15 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

LIDSTROM, NICKLAS TOT 20:54... not much, just a few games ago he was 28mins

Was meech really this bad, or was he just in the dog house?

MEECH, DEREK TOT 2:46

We won 4-0.

And you start bitching about ice-time ?

Are you f-ing kidding me ?

What's next ?

" Hey, I noticed Rafalski has tied his laces differently from last game.., what's up with that ? "

Guest Four
We won 4-0.

What's next ?

" Hey, I noticed Rafalski has tied his laces differently from last game.., what's up with that ? "

He asked a simple question, no need to be so damned rude.

Edited by Four

We won 4-0.

What's next ?

Ahhh.... I thought he was skating differently. ;)

He asked a simple question, no need to be so damned rude.

I'm not rude.

I'm a nice guy.

You obviously do not know that Mindfly is know for his negative antics around this forum.

His comments are just another example.

p.s. I saw your edit.... too late... ;)

Talking about being rude, huh ?

Edited by interminded

Guest Shoreline
We're talking about mindfly, here. We could win 25-0 and he'd ***** about just about anything he could think of. He's was the basis for this SNL character:

debbie_downer.jpg

So true.

WE SECURED A PLAYOFF SPOT EVERYONE! WE CAN FINALLY STOP WORRYING!

Seriously though, awesome game. The team looked focused and determined to not give the Blue Jackets anything for free.

Franzen was amazing I thought, not only the goal but he made a lot of great plays throughout the game.

Hossa was back to his usual awesome self after looking a little slow yesterday, and Ericsson was a beast on the defense.

Of course, best of all was Ozzie's shutout. Granted, he didn't face a ton of shots, or many really tough ones, but he was solid as a rock and it's easy to see he's starting to regain his confidence.

Good to hear he will start the next game as well, hopefully both the team and him can keep this good thing going.

He made some very good saves and was definitely solid in net. This was a 100% earned shut out in my opinion.

He made some very good saves and was definitely solid in net. This was a 100% earned shut out in my opinion.

I've never understood anyone who said "so-and-so goalie got an easy shut-out." There's no such thing in the NHL, IMHO.

Good for Ozzie!

:rolleyes: UUghhh! I can hardly stand all of you Osgood haters. You really don't understand anything about hockey, and you take everything an announcer says as pure fact. A hint for you: Barry Melrose is an analyst, when has he ever been right about anything to do with hockey?

And, a lot of you turn-coats now professing your undying support of C. Osgood. Please tell me the difference between today and the last time these 2 teams met? Could it be THE F'ing 13 SCORING OPERTUNITIES!!!! Ol' #30 played the same as he has been playing all season, great. He is a great goalie with an outstanding record and more accomplishments than most goalies to ever play in the league.

So, what was different, how did the wings stop the turn-overs? The zone break-out! Instead of sending the puck down the center of the ice, they looked at the opponents D'. If they came off the boards to try and jump the pass, the Wings would send the pass down the boards. If the break-out man couldn't get to the puck off the boards, it resulted in an icing. And what is the biggest ***** about the game today? Too many icing calls!

Next up was taking care of the odd man rushes off the Jackets break-out. To combat this Babcock continued to switch up his lines through-out the game. Getting Hossa enough ice time to be productive, but not relying on his defensive play to stop an odd man rush. So apparently the coach knows what he is doing. To be able to do this in the play-offs you have to get every individual player enough ice time in a game to know what to expect if Draper and Maltby accidentally find themselves on a line with Hossa, Zetterberg, or Datsyuk.

Honestly, don't just watch a game with your eyes. Think about why something happened. Stats don't lie, neither do they tell the truth.

Oh yeah, Congrats on the shut-out OZZIE!!! You average 6 a year, so here's to 4 more in 12 more games going into the play-offs. :beerbuddy:

What made it worse is that the friend she flew down there to see over her Spring Break refused to drive back to the airport and get her when she called. Claimed she was "tired". Well, you would be tired if you spent the whole night drinking and getting your swerve on. <_<

So rather than turning around when she was less than an hour from the airport, she leaves my sister crying and scared out of her gourd at the airport. I'd knock her lights out if I set eyes on her.

When you hunt her down lak a dawg, holler and I'll come hold the twitette while you beat the crap out of her. Least we can do.

That's gotta be sooo disappointing when you're looking to have some fun and freedom. :( Sounds like she's young enough to look forward to some real friends and fun though.

No mercy Wings, no mercy. My sister is expecting a win here.

I'm thinking Oz heard about her situation too and decided there's nuthin' better than a shutout to raise a Wingnuts' spirits. It was the least he could do. :)

Awesome to see Ozzie finally get his head out of his ass. The future looks brighter.

Hey! That means there's hope for you too! With any luck at all and as soon as your head dries off you be picking out shapes soon!

:satisfied:

I wasn't able to watch much of the game, but what I saw looked like playoff hockey from the Red Wings. Osgood looked very solid from what I saw. A good road win for sure.

My instincts tell me that the Wings' bad losses the past couple weeks can be attributed almost exclusively to their apathy. Teams like Columbus and Nashville playing desperate hockey can roll over any team if their opponent doesn't show up. But when the Wings go to that extra gear, you see what they can do to all these lower seeds.

When you hunt her down lak a dawg, holler and I'll come hold the twitette while you beat the crap out of her. Least we can do.

That's gotta be sooo disappointing when you're looking to have some fun and freedom. :( Sounds like she's young enough to look forward to some real friends and fun though.

She's 21, so I hope so. I mean, she had to rent a car, get a hotel room, book 2 new flights.....she's never had to do any of this before. Throw on the added pressure of not knowing when you're coming home, being under a time crunch and not knowing if you'll have enough money to do it all, and I'm surprised she didn't completely crack. I've talked to her quite a bit already and she's doing fine now. Although there's plenty of people both here and in Chicago (our hometown) who want to take this chick out behind the woodshed for what she did. Not that I blame them.

And yeah, if I see her.....you hold her legs down.

I'm thinking Oz heard about her situation too and decided there's nuthin' better than a shutout to raise a Wingnuts' spirits. It was the least he could do. :)

See? That's why we're Wings fans. They come through for the fans in their time of need.

She's 21, so I hope so. I mean, she had to rent a car, get a hotel room, book 2 new flights.....she's never had to do any of this before. Throw on the added pressure of not knowing when you're coming home, being under a time crunch and not knowing if you'll have enough money to do it all, and I'm surprised she didn't completely crack. I've talked to her quite a bit already and she's doing fine now. Although there's plenty of people both here and in Chicago (our hometown) who want to take this chick out behind the woodshed for what she did. Not that I blame them.

And yeah, if I see her.....you hold her legs down.

Wow. She did all that at that age and she survived it. I predict that she'll look back on it and feel proud about the way she ultimately handled it. Meanwhile, it's like one of my sisters used to say...."another ******* growth experience..."

And I was born and raised on the South Side (Harvey). I knew you had a good face. :)

Edited by Vladifan

Great to see Ozzie with the shut-out. Thats 4 strong outings by him in the last 5 games. Could he finally, at last...*deep breath*... be turning it around? He's starting on Tuesday, so Babs is clearly regaining confidence in him.