• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chunkylover

Unavenged Playoff Defeats

Rate this topic

If the playoffs started today:

The Wings would face Edmonton in the first round; I'd say they have a strong chance of beating them which would avenge their victory in 2006.

Additionally Anaheim could sneak in to the playoffs and should they, and the Wings, make it past the first round they'd be set up for a 2007 rematch.

Over in the east New Jersey is a heavy favorite to represent that conference in the Final and there are a few on this team who remain from the upset in '95.

Other than LA, who beat us in 2001, are there any other teams who have unavenged series victories over the Wings?

Anaheim and Giguere have 2 playoff defeats on us. Don't forget that humiliation in 2003. At least 2007 was somewhat respectable.

True, although we swept them in '97 and '99. Still have to break that tie!

san jose, from 1994 when ozzie made that bad clearing attempt and the sharks scored to win the series. I know we beat them in '07 but that stilll bothers me to this day.

and guess what...

THE SAME f***IN THING IS GONNA HAPPEN THIS YEAR!!!

WINGS EAT DICK!! SHARKS FOR THE CUP-08

thats just something i read on a sharks fan board (regarding that '94 series), and apparently the sharks are gonna win it all in '08

Edited by wmubronco420

san jose, i forget the year but it was when ozzie made that bad clearing attempt and the sharks scored to win the series. That stilll bothers me to this day

Well, we did get them in '07. They were favorites that year so it kind of balances out. Plus we beat them in '95 outscoring them 24-6 to avenge the the loss in seven games from '94.

Guest Shoreline

The only vengeful feelings I have are against LA and by far New Jersey. Since LA couldn't happen this year I'll just say Jersey.

Edited by Shoreline

Despite the poor travel schedule and time zone difference, I really want to get revenge on the Oilers. That series still turns my stomach. :(

Those god-damned Oil. Babcock got his ass handed to him by McT. That was embarrassing. Babcock pulled the too little, too late deal. He couldn't get his Wings to beat the trap or their shot blocking. By the time he started getting through the trap and attacking from down low, instead of having the point men fire pucks into shinpads, it was too late.

I would like another crack at the Ducks too...I hate those bastards...

Another go with Vancouver would be cool too... Some of them still think the Lidstrom goal saved us even though we swept the last 4 games.

Ducks, oh I hate them so much, Calgary fits in there but just doesn't come near the hate I've got for the Ducks.

Oilers, to Ducks, to Sharks, to Devils....this would prolly be the sweetest Cup run if it happened like that.

Even though we've avenged the '04 defeat, I think the Flames and Sharks have to be the two opponents who are still considered "better" by the media and beating them would be just as significant as a rematch with the Oilers.

Jersey in the finals would be great...

I wouldn't mind payback on the Leafs for 1993 either, but that's unlikely to be possible anytime soon :rolleyes: .

As frustrating as the Edmonton series in 2006 was, burning them isn't that high on my list, because I think I put most of that loss on us and not on them. I'd love to just rip Anaheim, but at the same time, watching their gradual disintegration over the last two years has satisfied some of that.

Jersey in the finals would be great...

I wouldn't mind payback on the Leafs for 1993 either, but that's unlikely to be possible anytime soon :rolleyes: .

As frustrating as the Edmonton series in 2006 was, burning them isn't that high on my list, because I think I put most of that loss on us and not on them. I'd love to just rip Anaheim, but at the same time, watching their gradual disintegration over the last two years has satisfied some of that.

I thought about the Leafs as well, and it appears the Ducks are on the trail to mediocrity Toronto has blazed for them. Perhaps in a few years in the tank Brian Burke will be called upon to resurrect the Ducks.

None of you kids on the board under the age of 21 have any idea how much that 93 series with Toronto hurt.

F. U. BORSCHEVSKY!!!!!

(shudders)

OK, I'm back now.

As someone who is only 19, I'm curious as to what happened that year. Could someone please explain? :ph34r:

I find NJ to be somewhat relevant as well. It would be nice to play them for the Cup and settle the score.

Except that it wouldn't really settle the score. If the Wings won, there would still need to be a rubber match to determine the dominant team in SCF match-ups. It would be squared... but not settled.

Edited by Broken 16