• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Which NHL player are you?

Rate this topic

Hm, rather than pick for myself, I'll let someone take this info and pick for me, just to make things interesting:

*snip*

Most interesting one I've heard so far is Kesler (Corey Perry is way more agitative and cheapshotty than I am.. I've got more of a Datsyuk persona.. quiet but intense, reserved but funny, confident in action).

One option I was thinking of was Nick Schultz. Except for shot handedness, a lot seems to match up. Any other suggestions out there?

Or Jarrett Stoll? Hm.

Edited by Datsyerberger

Dang, stuck in GR. ;)

Well, Steve, since you're stuck down here in GR with me, I can show you all the local bars. I've been to every one of them this season...at least twice. We also run a pretty good promo here at the VanAndel Arena on Friday nights...$1 beer/$1 dogs. If you really piss off the Wings Management, you get to be a healthy scratch and can imbibe in all the $1 beers you can drink while watching the game from the 3rd level "special" seats. Just remember to duck everytime Jiri Fischer walks by scouting the young boys!

~Aaron Downey

Edited by GROwl

I'm Jiri Hudler. I'm exactly his height. I kind of have a weird look to me when I'm out there, but I can still manage to play well. My shot is better than a lot of people's. I am never the star, but a guy you can count on to take advantage of all the ice time he is given.

I'd have to say I'm Marty Lapointe. About the same size (a little taller than him, and during my prime about the same playing weight), decent hands, not afraid to lay a big hit on anyone, can drop the gloves if the situation calls for it, just enough scoring touch to keep me off the 4th line and maybe earn some power play time on the 2nd unit. Also, sadly like Marty, my hockey career went down the tubes when I left Detroit.

Well, Steve, since you're stuck down here in GR with me, I can show you all the local bars. I've been to every one of them this season...at least twice. We also run a pretty good promo here at the VanAndel Arena on Friday nights...$1 beer/$1 dogs. If you really piss off the Wings Management, you get to be a healthy scratch and can imbibe in all the $1 beers you can drink while watching the game from the 3rd level "special" seats. Just remember to duck everytime Jiri Fischer walks by scouting the young boys!

~Aaron Downey

All right, then a toast to the lads behind the wire! If I can't play, I can at least drink!

Being that I am a rather large guy, I needed to pick a big guy. I can be a real ******* if I dont get my way. I have always played 'D'. And I live in southern California, though I am originally from Canada. I would probably play and act something like

Chris Pronger.

Im not too skilled, i like to fight and i give mustache rides in the off season.

Yes, i would be George Parros.

Nah on a serious note,

I enjoy being a setup man over a goal scorer and I like to hit alot for a smaller guy (5'8).

Maybe a combination of Datsyuk and Ryan Callahan.

I'll go with Datsyerberger's way and let you guys decide who I closely relate to.

I'm 5'11", 140-150 lbs. So I am of a thin build, and I shoot left-handed. I can play any position competitively, except goaltender.

My mental game is by far and away my best quality. I play by instinct, rather than by read and react. I very rarely turn the puck over, and I can create a fair share of turnovers by seeing plays before they happen. It also lets me see holes in the opposing team's defense, and it gives me the ability to get into scoring lanes. While I'm not in great shape, I can push myself even when tired to make plays. It is very hard to throw me off my game. I may get agitated by a call or an opponent's illegal activities, but I put that behind me before the next shift. I rarely take penalties due to solid positioning and/or good stick work.

My physical side is more than lacking on the upper body. Very little strength on anything above the waist. My lower body is fairly strong, and I can stay on my skates pretty well. Speed is without a doubt my next best asset. Without it, I would be next to worthless as the speed is what makes me have some playmaking abilities.

For skills, my skating is solid in both speed and balance. I lack the mobility I need for someone my size, but I do have some mobility to avoid being just a straight-line skater. My stickhandling is sorely lacking, but when I carry the puck it seems like I rarely lose it. My passing is fairly solid. My shot to say the least is my weakest skill. Not very hard or quick, but it can be accurate. My hand-eye is pretty good, despite the fact I can never read the scoreboard. When I am in shape, I can play long shifts at a fairly high tempo. When I played check hockey (can't in the league I'm currently in), I was never afraid to make a hit as long as it didn't put me out of position. I wasn't afraid to take on the biggest of competitors in physical contact either. I can skate backward just as well as forward.

For the offensive side of the game I lack a scorer's touch, but this doesn't mean I can't score my fair share of goals. I'm solid in front of the net for deflections, screens, and rebounds. Despite my small stature, I love crashing the net, even if it means getting my head taken off. I'm a relentless pursuer of the puck when it comes to forechecking. While I may not come up with the puck often, I do create turnovers that my teammates pick up. I'm not afraid to go in the corners to get the puck and other high traffic areas. While I lack any strength with all of my shots, my accuracy gives me some opportunities to score outside of the hash marks. If I'm given a breakaway or any time and space in front of the net, I'm probably better than 75% of the time to score. I'm a pretty good at setting up my teammates for scoring opportunities as my speed usual attracts the defenders. I go wide and open up the middle of the ice and usually hit my teammate streaking towards the net. I really have no preference to shoot or pass, I go with whatever gives my team the best chance at scoring a goal.

My defensive game is my pride and joy. The first thing I think of after a game was how many goals was I on the ice against. Then I think about the +/-. For me I know I have done my job when I look back and see a 0 in my head for goals against. I prefer playing forward and being a two-way player. With my speed usually I can get back and help out the defensemen before the other team has a chance to set up. I'm certainly not afraid to block shots if needed, but I also know when to get out of the way to let the goaltender have a clear view of the shot. When I play as a defenseman, I have a very active stick and can poke check the puck even off the best of players. My skating ability backwards, allows me to keep up with some of the faster skaters, and keep in front of me at all times. I'm usually very hard to beat one on one, and the player usually holds up and waits for help or takes a shot from the outside. I'm also tough to beat on 2-on-1s as well cause of my active stick. I force the player carrying the puck to the outside while still making a pass very difficult. When I played in checking leagues, I would certainly play the body when it was warranted. I clear the puck out of my zone frequently, and more often than not, get it to a teammate up ice. When I'm a defenseman, I am certainly not afraid to carry the puck up ice and make something happen in the offensive zone. I rarely turn over the puck in these situations, and most of the time that is outside the defensive zone.

Edited by juice71285

~Aaron Downey

Good to know. After 17 years in the NHL, I'll be ordering that s*** right to the bench! And if you guys can gimme enough time on the PK, I'll order it to the penalty box, too.

- Dallas Drake

Good to know. After 17 years in the NHL, I'll be ordering that s*** right to the bench! And if you guys can gimme enough time on the PK, I'll order it to the penalty box, too.

- Dallas Drake

Dallas, you're my new hero! :thumbup::thumbup:

Actually, I've seen you around the arena this year with your kid's TC hockey team. So you've probably already had your share!

~ Aaron Downey

SEAN AVERY here.

I am far from the biggest guy, I am somewhat into fashion (not to the extent he is but what can ya do), I often think before I speak - which just as often usually gets me in trouble, I can be obnoxious when I want to, I love getting under peoples skin, I am cocky and throughout my 13 years in which I played hockey, I spent about 11 of them at LW - just like my man with a plan Sean Avery.

261x.jpg

I'll go with Datsyerberger's way and let you guys decide who I closely relate to.

I'm 5'11", 140-150 lbs. So I am of a thin build, and I shoot left-handed. I can play any position competitively, except goaltender.

*snip*

I'm really thinking Scott Gomez. Same height, lack of strength, handedness, two-way play, feistiness, speed, and instinctive playmaking.

As for me, I was looking over Duncan Keith's general attributes and I thought he was a close match.. the skating, cerebral game, similar height and build, and so forth. What do you think?