• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

adamlazzara

Should Datsyuk be named the next Captain?

Rate this topic

Not to interrupt a meaningful debate, but really what the hell is the point in arguing about this right now? We have a captain, and will through at least the next season. Shouldn't we be busy bashing our goalies, defense, and coaching staff, rather than tearing our two best forwards apart over who should wear the C in a couple years?

(p.s. I think Z is the better candidate and would be much more comfortable in the position :ph34r: )

Not to interrupt a meaningful debate, but really what the hell is the point in arguing about this right now? We have a captain, and will through at least the next season. Shouldn't we be busy bashing our goalies, defense, and coaching staff, rather than tearing our two best forwards apart over who should wear the C in a couple years?

This is a throwback to a simpler time, when Stevie Y was getting older and once a week someone would stumble along and ponder who gets the C next. Goalie wars, post your line combos; everything is cyclical. I guess there's only so much to talk about. :P

(p.s. I think Z is the better candidate and would be much more comfortable in the position :ph34r: )

What he said, and look at the dude's name for christ sake lol. "Lets go pavel" Has voted for Z on this and I can't say I disagree

From distant observation it does look like Datsyuk is more comfortable defering to Zetterberg, so if that is how their dynamic works best, I am all for it.

I'm hoping Micah follows Burke over to Toronto...

Lidstrom is a big enough joke of a Captain, thanks. I don't want Pavel to get the C. Give it to someone with a bit of heart, a bit of passion. Also, a set of balls wouldn't hurt. Just sayin'.

Steve Yzerman might have been on the quiet side, but at least the guy had heart. I don't remember him ever thinking he was too fragile and precious to play in an allstar game even though he was healthy enough for regular season games.

Yeah those Russians and Swedes. No heart. Yeah. Iginla. We want him. Go visor fighting. Yeah. Pavel is too fragile. He is soft. What a floater. He has no leadership. He's no Messier. No balls. Doesn't ever stand up for himself. No personality. Wet blanket. Not loud enough. Who is Dr. Rhamani?

Guest micah
We need Hank to step up and show some intensity, fire, motivation, grit, and more passion to become captain.

I agree, nothing would please me more. I'd also be happy if either Lidstrom or Pavel stepped and up and showed some intensity, fire, motivation, grit, and more passion. I'd be thrilled with that too. I'm not gonna hold my breath for it though, nor am I going to appologize for not liking the attitude (or complete lack thereof) that many of our players exhibit.

Guest micah
From distant observation it does look like Datsyuk is more comfortable defering to Zetterberg, so if that is how their dynamic works best, I am all for it.

I'm hoping Micah follows Burke over to Toronto...

I'm sorry. Maybe you're right. People who disagree with you should go away.

I don't want the people I disagree with to leave the board...I'd like to change their minds (and I even like to be challeged, because sometimes, I change my mind - it's something I try to remain very open to).

I'll give it a shot, maybe then you won't want me to go away. It makes me sad that you want me to go away (although, a franchise as storied as the Maple Leafs doesn't sound that bad...sure, they're going through a rough patch, but I stuck by my Wings through worse....)

Go Pavel! You deserve to be Captain! You're a great leader, it's clear that you're an incredile motivator! Yaaaaay, everything about the wings is awesome and every player on the wings is awesome, just because they're Wings. Yaaaaaay team!

I honestly do not understand why you would even root for or support a team you can not stand.

Lidstrom is an awful captain -- Datsyuk has no heart -- I would expect such asinine utterances from a troll in from the Penguins board before he is banned.

Edited by egroen

I'm sorry. Maybe you're right. People who disagree with you should go away.

I don't want the people I disagree with to leave the board...I'd like to change their minds (and I even like to be challeged, because sometimes, I change my mind - it's something I try to remain very open to).

I'll give it a shot, maybe then you won't want me to go away. It makes me sad that you want me to go away (although, a franchise as storied as the Maple Leafs doesn't sound that bad...sure, they're going through a rough patch, but I stuck by my Wings through worse....)

Go Pavel! You deserve to be Captain! You're a great leader, it's clear that you're an incredile motivator! Yaaaaay, everything about the wings is awesome and every player on the wings is awesome, just because they're Wings. Yaaaaaay team!

To rebutt that, your posts sound like this

Screw you all! You deserve to be Cut! You are all horrible leaders, it's clear that you're should be in the KHL! Booo, everything about the wings is s***ty and every player on the wings is weak and has no heart, just because they're are not Canadian. BOOOOO team!

I gave it a shot but man do I feel like a pessimist who is covering his ass in future so that IF the wings don't win the cup, I can say I was right, but if they do, I can say I supported them the whole time, but you guys were misinterpreting what I was saying! (BTW the odds are they won't so that is the safe bet, it is actually a bigger risk to say your team will win then to say it won't).

Lidstrom is a big enough joke of a Captain, thanks. I don't want Pavel to get the C. Give it to someone with a bit of heart, a bit of passion. Also, a set of balls wouldn't hurt. Just sayin'.

Steve Yzerman might have been on the quiet side, but at least the guy had heart. I don't remember him ever thinking he was too fragile and precious to play in an allstar game even though he was healthy enough for regular season games.

Dumbest sentence uttered on this board.

to those of you thinking hank needs to step it up, i agree he could use more points but i do not think it is from lack of trying and giving it, he almost seems to be trying to do much, at least it seems that way to me, i lost count last night of how many times he missed a pass or lost control of the puck or bobbled a shot, Hossa looked the same last night too so maybe it was the ice or bad sticks i have no idea. Hank has not looked himself most of this season but i do not think it is from him not trying, like i said i think he just trying too hard, gripping the stick a little too tight, at first it was the contract talks now maybe he is just expecting too much of himself because of the contract... who knows i am sure it will all fall into place when it has too

Guest micah
To rebutt that, your posts sound like this

Screw you all! You deserve to be Cut! You are all horrible leaders, it's clear that you're should be in the KHL! Booo, everything about the wings is s***ty and every player on the wings is weak and has no heart, just because they're are not Canadian. BOOOOO team!

Did I ever state a preference for Canadian players? While it's true that I like the North American style of play better than that in most of the European leagues, I don't prefer Canadiahns or Americans to European players as a whole. Draper, Lebda and Maltby are as big of ******* as Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Hudler are.

Guest micah
Anyone want to guess which player was flat on his ass two seconds after this picture was taken?

610x.jpg

Is there some sort of conclusion that you're drawing from that incident?

Is it that Lidstrom is really tough? Is it that Lidstrom is a brave guy for "standing up" to Iginla? Where are you going with that?

Did I ever state a preference for Canadian players? While it's true that I like the North American style of play better than that in most of the European leagues, I don't prefer Canadiahns or Americans to European players as a whole. Draper, Lebda and Maltby are as big of ******* as Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Hudler are.

How about you go ahead and define that for me. They're skill players, but they aren't soft. Not even remotely close to being soft.

Guest micah
Zomg, Datsyuk has no grit...

Datsyuk takes on the Pens best fighter while Z bear hugs Gonchar...

LOL! I thought to myself "I bet that before page 5, somebody will mention how tough Dats is because of the Roberts thing. I'm awesome. Dats is tough. Gary Roberts is lucky. Dats could totally take him in a fight. Dats is brave and grittty.

Is there some sort of conclusion that you're drawing from that incident?

Is it that Lidstrom is really tough? Is it that Lidstrom is a brave guy for "standing up" to Iginla? Where are you going with that?

Where am I going...? They're ******* and Iginla put them both on the IR that game when he unleashed his raging intensity on them. They never stood a chance. :(

Check your list of so called Captains with Heart, notice a correlation?

Guest micah
How about you go ahead and define that for me. They're skill players, but they aren't soft. Not even remotely close to being soft.

A month ago, a skilled player gave one of their teammates a concussion that put him out of action to-date. How did they respond? Did they:

A) Seek retribution, sending the message that nobody f's up our boy and gets away with it?

B) Light up the scoreboard, sending the massage that nobody f's up our boy and gets away with it?

C) Do nothing.