• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shoreline

4/16 GDTs

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Sharks game starts at 10:30pm ET.

Lapierre just manhandled Kessel after the Bruins just scored.. sour grapes. Big fight ensued. This should be a great series. 4-2 Bruins with 13 seconds left in the game.

Calgary up 1-0 on the Hawks.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

Habs players cheapshotting the Bruins players at the end of this game.. won't surprise me if the league suspends one or two Hab players for their chincy crap. Koivu was suddenly a tough guy to Marc Savard until Aaron Ward showed up.

Chicago's play-by-play guy (I just got Center Ice a couple months ago and have been far too busy with work to watch as many games as I'd like to, so I'm unfamiliar with him) is pretty wild. He goes nuts on just about every shot and save.

I'm conflicted on which team I'd like to see win this Chicago-Calgary series. I suppose Chicago since the Wings dominated the season series until the final two games and struggled with Calgary, but it'd be a nice bit of schadenfreude to see Chicago fans shut up in the first round.

Guest MrSandMan

Is VS shutting off the Hawks/Flames game at 10:30 for the Ducks/Sharks?

I'm conflicted on which team I'd like to see win this Chicago-Calgary series. I suppose Chicago since the Wings dominated the season series until the final two games and struggled with Calgary, but it'd be a nice bit of schadenfreude to see Chicago fans shut up in the first round.

For me it's Chicago, easily. I can't stand Calgary (still upset about the cheap crap in 2007), and I'll admit it, I'm happy for the Hawks finally doing something. I'll get to hating them again as the rivalry returns, but for now it's nice to see.

The Canucks, Hawks, Flames and Ducks are our only possible 2nd round opponents if I'm figuring correctly, so root accordingly.

Chicago's play-by-play guy (I just got Center Ice a couple months ago and have been far too busy with work to watch as many games as I'd like to, so I'm unfamiliar with him) is pretty wild. He goes nuts on just about every shot and save.

When in doubt I usually route for the original six team.

So I say go Chicago!

I'm rooting for Chicago as well for a couple of reasons. They've been in the cellar so stinkin' long - Dollar Bill passes on and they make the playoffs in that same year. Coincidence? And I absolutely cannot stand the thought of Iginla's name on the Cup. Also, I'd like the Wings to be the ones to eliminate Chicago just as a little icing (no relation) on the cake of the season series.

Guest MrSandMan
For me it's Chicago, easily. I can't stand Calgary (still upset about the cheap crap in 2007), and I'll admit it, I'm happy for the Hawks finally doing something. I'll get to hating them again as the rivalry returns, but for now it's nice to see.

The Canucks, Hawks, Flames and Ducks are our only possible 2nd round opponents if I'm figuring correctly, so root accordingly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if we advance on to the 2nd round and Ducks beat the Sharks, we play the Ducks no matter what because they are 8th seed?

Edited by MrSandMan

Fair points, and the travel would be much easier on the team.

Maybe I just don't want to hear Dustin Byfugliaeraenioaviucvlken's name anymore. Seems like every time we play them, he plays out of his mind and his name is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Sharks - Ducks about to start. Upset special potential.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if we advance on to the 2nd round and Ducks beat the Sharks, we play the Ducks no matter what because they are 8th seed?

That's right. The highest seed remaining plays the lowest seed remaining.

Flames up 2-1

Edited by David

Right. Kick out ourselves, the Jackets (obviously) and the Sharks (can't have 1 vs. 2 in the 2nd round).

It's also impossible for us to play the Blues. If we win and the Blues win, the only possibilities for the advancing seeds are 1, 2, 4/5, 6 or 2, 4/5, 6, 8. In the first scenario, we play Calgary/Chicago, in the 2nd we play Anaheim.

Guest MrSandMan

Wow, Shark fans are the most classless in any sport... they chant "YOU SUCK" while the national anthem.

Wow, Shark fans are the most classless in any sport... they chant "YOU SUCK" while the national anthem.

How does that even work? Who are they yelling it at? Seems kind of hard to put your finger on it when the game hasn't even started yet.

Kiprusoff with a couple great saves back in Chicago. Just about 8 left.