• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

I'm age-impaired, but oh yes, I'm a fan of Pink Floyd. The Wall is powerful, powerful sound, and I'm guessing it is considered a classic by anyone who knows music and ensemble work. Probably even little old lady-types who play out-of-tune pianos in little southern Baptist churches wherever. ^_^

No offense... but The Wall is probably Pink Floyd's weakest creation. It is in my opinion anyway.

On a brighter note, awesome win by the Wings. On a business trip to Minnesota and they don't get TSN here. Good for Ozzie. Like I said in a thread before the playoffs started... If Ozzie takes this team to the Finals, he should be inducted into the HOF the next day. Look up 'Playoff Warrior' in the dictionary and it's a picture of Osgood. I'm beyond impressed with what I've seen from him so far. Talk about a 180. Wow.

Keep her goin boys...

Guest Shoreline
:blink: you are clearly an enigma... no other explanation.

It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key.

The good news keeps coming

Grand Rapids rallied to score three goals in the third period to beat Hamilton 3-1. Griffins lead the series 2-0 and now they COME BACK HOME!!! to Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids for games 3, 4, and 5.

guess my pre-series prediction of griffins in 6 isn't looking as crazy as some might have thought... although, i know just as well as anyone that hamilton is capable of turning the tables and coming out as victors. let's hope grand rapids can stave them off another few games and get some rest before the 2nd round.

No offense... but The Wall is probably Pink Floyd's weakest creation. It is in my opinion anyway.

On a brighter note, awesome win by the Wings. On a business trip to Minnesota and they don't get TSN here. Good for Ozzie. Like I said in a thread before the playoffs started... If Ozzie takes this team to the Finals, he should be inducted into the HOF the next day. Look up 'Playoff Warrior' in the dictionary and it's a picture of Osgood. I'm beyond impressed with what I've seen from him so far. Talk about a 180. Wow.

Keep her goin boys...

No offense taken. :)

And great, honest remarks about the Oz.

Had to listen to the entire game at work, and with a result like tonight's i couldn't be happier. This really feels convincing and dominating not like the Nashville series last year were the Preds were in both of our home games until the end. The Wings look like they will sweep this series.

OZZIE WITH THE SHUTOUT................. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE AWESOME

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leino had a goal and an assist and applefritters had 2 goals and an assist. Kindl was a +2!

your quite funny their.

I want too be funny to.

:-)

RED WINGS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WED WINGS WING!!!!!!!!!! RED VINGS WIN!!!!!!!!

Yes!

However, Vancouver and Luongo kinda scare the pee outta me right now.

Feel free anybody to talk me down....

Actually, Vancouver isn't playing that great. They won the first game 2-1 and the second 3-0 against a weak St. Louis team on home ice. he 2-1 game was about as even a game as possible.

Oh my, Vladifan. Oh my. Check out on YouTube, the version from the P*U*L*S*E tour. That last solo will melt your face off.

I saw that solo live. I think pieces of my face are still stuck on the back wall...

Keep her goin boys...

What the hell are you talking about? The Wall is widely regarded as a Masterpiece and second only to The Dark Side of the Moon among Pink Floyd's albums.

In 2003, Rolling Stone magazine listed The Wall as #87 in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Dark Side of The Moon is #43.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say your English seems to be good enough. A heck of a lot better than our Finnish.

As for your sister, I'm assuming you don't talk to her ever? Or at least, until after the playoffs end? ;)

Well, i'm not talking to her. :D My sister likes also Red Wings but I'm not interested in Penguins.

But I have to admit that I sometimes look Islanders or Bridgeports games results. Because of J.Joensuu. He has always played in my favourite team (Porin Ässät) here in Finland before he went to Sound Tigers. But I don't like at all Islanders/Bridgeport. Only Because of Jesse.

But there's just a one team for me, and it is Red Wings.

What the hell are you talking about? The Wall is widely regarded as a Masterpiece and second only to The Dark Side of the Moon among Pink Floyd's albums.

In 2003, Rolling Stone magazine listed The Wall as #87 in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Dark Side of The Moon is #43.

No offense, but Rolling Stone isn't exactly the arbiter of what is or is not a good album. When they did their 100 Greatest Guitarists, David Gilmour wasn't in the Top 5. What the hell do they know?

I know a lot of fans love The Wall, and I don't begrudge them that. Personally for me though, Waters' whining about his Daddy issues and complete overrunning of the material make it, aside from about 3 songs, completely unlistenable for me.

Well, i'm not talking to her. :D My sister likes also Red Wings but I'm not interested in Penguins.

But I have to admit that I sometimes look Islanders or Bridgeports games results. Because of J.Joensuu. He has always played in my favourite team (Porin Ässät) here in Finland before he went to Sound Tigers. But I don't like at all Islanders/Bridgeport. Only Because of Jesse.

But there's just a one team for me, and it is Red Wings.

Welcome to the community.

I'm curious about how it must feel to have the best players in your country defect to the NHL. Your thoughts?

Oh my, Vladifan. Oh my. Check out on YouTube, the version from the P*U*L*S*E tour. That last solo will melt your face off.

the 4.5 minute solo of which you speak can only be described with very few words, one of which is napalm... another would be epic.

so as to not hijack the thread, where are all the ozzie haters now? i think i hear crickets.

No offense, but Rolling Stone isn't exactly the arbiter of what is or is not a good album. When they did their 100 Greatest Guitarists, David Gilmour wasn't in the Top 5. What the hell do they know?

I know a lot of fans love The Wall, and I don't begrudge them that. Personally for me though, Waters' whining about his Daddy issues and complete overrunning of the material make it, aside from about 3 songs, completely unlistenable for me.

Personal opinions of music are just that. Opinions. And you know what they say about opinions.

The only thing weaker than The Wall, again... in my opinion, is The Final Cut. Which may as well have been a Roger Waters solo album.

Aside from a few songs (Comfortably Numb, Goodbye Blue Skies... maybe Mother), The Wall is very weak compared to works such as Meddle, Wish You Were Here and Animals. I even prefer A Saucerful of Secrets and UmmaGumma over The Wall.

Just because Rolling Stone says so... doesn't make it so. Like Electrophile said.

Oh mannnn. I can never get over how great it feels to go to a playoff game. I told you guys - every single game my dad and I have gone to, we've won... except for the one Calgary game that we left before the third period due to job interview things and wouldn't you know it - THAT period the Wings lost their lead and lost the game.

I'm telling you. I'm a good luck charm!

And to top it all off, I made sure at the end to tell the Columbus fans near me that I hope they had fun and that they had a good experience in Detroit. They were thrilled.

Osgood with a shutout? Beautiful.

I gotta ask: Did you guys hear the "Go Home Jackets" chant that my dad and I started? ^_^

Edited by Ms_Hockey

Guest Shoreline
Sorry. That went way over my head?!

Don't worry. "It" went over his head too. :lol:

Had a blast with the guys at Cheli's. :) Undoubtedly fueled by the Wings basically playing the ultimate hockey game. I was surprised to see that they managed 25 shots on Oz, but most of them weren't much good and the ones that were were turned aside like so many others these first two games. The 0.5 GAA looks sharp, Oz.

Nice to see everybody contributing tonight: Homer, Hossa, Pavel, Hank, Dano, Nick, Nik, Rafalski, Rex, you name it. The perfect team win.