• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Had a blast with the guys at Cheli's. :) Undoubtedly fueled by the Wings basically playing the ultimate hockey game. I was surprised to see that they managed 25 shots on Oz, but most of them weren't much good and the ones that were were turned aside like so many others these first two games. The 0.5 GAA looks sharp, Oz.

Nice to see everybody contributing tonight: Homer, Hossa, Pavel, Hank, Dano, Nick, Nik, Rafalski, Rex, you name it. The perfect team win.

Was everyone yelling up a storm there?

Oh mannnn. I can never get over how great it feels to go to a playoff game. I told you guys - every single game my dad and I have gone to, we've won... except for the one Calgary game that we left before the third period due to job interview things and wouldn't you know it - THAT period the Wings lost their lead and lost the game.

I'm telling you. I'm a good luck charm!

And to top it all off, I made sure at the end to tell the Columbus fans near me that I hope they had fun and that they had a good experience in Detroit. They were thrilled.

Osgood with a shutout? Beautiful.

OK, I'm jealous.

We're going to have to take up a collection to buy you tickets to the rest of the playoff games. :)

Guest Shoreline
Oh mannnn. I can never get over how great it feels to go to a playoff game. I told you guys - every single game my dad and I have gone to, we've won... except for the one Calgary game that we left before the third period due to job interview things and wouldn't you know it - THAT period the Wings lost their lead and lost the game.

I'm telling you. I'm a good luck charm!

And to top it all off, I made sure at the end to tell the Columbus fans near me that I hope they had fun and that they had a good experience in Detroit. They were thrilled.

Osgood with a shutout? Beautiful.

I gotta ask: Did you guys hear the "Go Home Jackets" chant that my dad and I started? ^_^

I'm jealous, and glad the Wings played that well for you guys. Hopefully many fans that were given a crummy showing in the regular season made their way to get a good Wings showing for this one.

OK, I'm jealous.

We're going to have to take up a collection to buy you tickets to the rest of the playoff games. :)

I know. I need to be at every single game. Come on, LGW. Pool for tickets for me!

Welcome to the community.

I'm curious about how it must feel to have the best players in your country defect to the NHL. Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Haha. I think it's great. They can show their skills in the worlds best league. Those players are doing every day their best and dreaming to get to the NHL. For example Teemu Selänne. Wow. He has left here in Pori to the NHL but he was in other SM-leagues team before he came there.

I have to say that I'm just a proud of those guys. :D

It was good and rowdy. My throat hurts. :P

What a great game. What great company to watch a game with. In attendance at Cheli's Chili were:

HOCKEY MATTERS & Mrs. MATTERS

HR40

Doggy

Rivalred

Heroes of Hockeytown

We had props. The silver Winged Wheel in my avatar, pom-poms, a cowbell. Everyone in the place knew about us....we were LOUD!!!! Lgw was well represented at this one. Hopefully there will be one of these for round 2. Keep an eye on the "group events" section of the Water cooler.

I'm jealous, and glad the Wings played that well for you guys. Hopefully many fans that were given a crummy showing in the regular season made their way to get a good Wings showing for this one.

Man, you need to come back for a game. Or move back, if only for the Wings.

I also noticed something else while we were there. Anybody who says we have an empty arena is BSing themselves. Not only did they have temporary seating filling up some of the aisleways, but they had folding chairs set up on the platforms. They had to put extra seating in to fit everyone.

Had a blast with the guys at Cheli's. :) Undoubtedly fueled by the Wings basically playing the ultimate hockey game. I was surprised to see that they managed 25 shots on Oz, but most of them weren't much good and the ones that were were turned aside like so many others these first two games. The 0.5 GAA looks sharp, Oz.

Nice to see everybody contributing tonight: Homer, Hossa, Pavel, Hank, Dano, Nick, Nik, Rafalski, Rex, you name it. The perfect team win.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I watched at home and still enjoyed it.

Ozzie really looked on his game tonight. Did you catch that save midway through the third when he barely shrugged his left shoulder to make the save? That pretty much summed up his performance for me.

What a great game. What great company to watch a game with. In attendance at Cheli's Chili were:

HOCKEY MATTERS & Mrs. MATTERS

HR40

Doggy

Rivalred

Heroes of Hockeytown

We had props. The silver Winged Wheel in my avatar, pom-poms, a cowbell. Everyone in the place knew about us....we were LOUD!!!! Lgw was well represented at this one. Hopefully there will be one of these for round 2. Keep an eye on the "group events" section of the Water cooler.

Wasn't it nice of Doggy to fly all the way from Oz to join us?

Talk about dedication.

Edited by Rivalred

Guest Shoreline
Man, you need to come back for a game. Or move back, if only for the Wings.

I also noticed something else while we were there. Anybody who says we have an empty arena is BSing themselves. Not only did they have temporary seating filling up some of the aisleways, but they had folding chairs set up on the platforms. They had to put extra seating in to fit everyone.

Heh, I was never from the area. It was my family in Redford that introduced me to hockey (I can PM you the story if you like), my dad and his family from Livonia, Redford, and Dearborn. :P

But yeah, I am taking a trip this summer (free ticket) to visit family in Georgia (other side) and might go see family in Michigan as well (not so free, but to cut it short since there's nothing to do in Dalton, Georgia :() as a sort of three-way visit.

I'd love to go to a sports bar like that though. All we have here that I go to is the Tied House Brewery in Downtown San Jose and of course it's full of Sharks fans so I'm the enemy. :lol:

Edited by Shoreline

Heh, I was never from the area. It was my family in Redford that introduced me to hockey (I can PM you the story if you like), my dad and his family from Livonia, Redford, and Dearborn. :P

But yeah, I am taking a trip this summer (free ticket) to visit family in Georgia (other side) and might go see family in Michigan as well (not so free, but to cut it short since there's nothing to do in Dalton, Georgia :() as a sort of three-way visit.

I'd love to go to a sports bar like that though. All we have here that I go to is the Tied House Brewery in Downtown San Jose and of course it's full of Sharks fans so I'm the enemy. :lol:

PM! PM!

San Jose....

Oh Dear God..... Dalton sound like more fun. <_<

My hubby tried to get me to go trout fishing with him. I looked at him and said, "It's game day - if you think I'm missing a playoff game, to go fishing with you and get bored out of my boots, you are seriously mistaken." So he took his nephew instead.

Though he said last night on the river that there was a "Let's Go Red Wings" cheer going up and down the river among the fishermen. Hmmm...wonder if they did it tonight???

I wish I could meet up with yall at Chelis!

Unfortunately my playoff tradition is that my buddy HAS to watch the games at my house. The ONLY games we lost last post season were the ones he wasnt here. I have to be the enforcer on that now haha!

He's cool as hell, though. He said he's gonna come over and watch with my dad even when I'm on the road...AND he's going to have a 'fundraiser' party to raise money to buy Game Center for me to watch the games while I'm on the road.

I'm a lucky girl.

I'll readily admit that I am 11 beers in (Labatt Blue) but the Wings absolutely crushed it tonight. This is exactly what Hitchock was talking about earlier in the year. It seems that the Wings worst enemy is themselves. If they play to their potential, it could be a long playoff run.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!

i'm not into PDA so do you mind taking your man love for shoreline to a private room.

please and thank you.

Do you not see their playing with you right now.....Not a very sarcastic person are you.

Well, I said early on in the thread that since I cracked a $14 bottle of beer that the Wings would win. I guess it is going to be an expensive and buzzed long playoff run....

Guest Shoreline
Well, I said early on in the thread that since I cracked a $14 bottle of beer that the Wings would win. I guess it is going to be an expensive and buzzed long playoff run....

What kind?

Guest Shoreline
Rogue Double Dead Guy

Had a look at it, and if I come across that it sounds like it's worth a try. :thumbup:

Man, I feel like I've been staring at that "1" and "2" up at the top of the page forever. Isn't it time for Game 3 yet? :lol:

LOL. I was mesmerized the same way. Matt's numbers might be part of my dreams now.

Just read this on the Columbus Dispatch's article of the game:

The Red Wings have 21 players on their roster with a combined total of 40 Stanley Cup rings. The Blue Jackets have four players with a total of four.

:lol: