• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

Haven't seen the others yet, but Pittsburgh seems to be tearing up Philly.

Not really. Pitt had one gift-wrapped for them last night. Philly was up 2-1 with a little over 4 minutes left in the third. Staal reached down, grabbed the guy's stick that was behind him and pulled it up to his chest. (I'm not exaggerating, he literally pulled it up to his chest) Hooking penalty. Malkin scores, game goes to OT and Philly imploded. That game was theirs. The Wings have easily been the best team so far, although Boston looks pretty good tonight too.

Dude, Pavs post game was sooo ******* funny.

Keating (signing off)- Datsyuk, with the day off tomorrow

Pavs (getting his stuff)- REALLY?? If not a day off, I am coming looking for you

What's this trap tactic everyone is talking about in NHL.. is it like back home with 5guys, clogg up the neutral zone and go for break aways and turnovers?

This is from wikipedia (which means it must be right :D )

"The most recognizable implementation of the trap sees the defense stationing four of their players in the neutral zone and one forechecker in the offensive zone. As the offensive team starts to move up the ice, the forechecker (generally the centre) will cut off passing lanes to other offensive players by staying in the middle of the ice, forcing the puck carrier to either sideboard. The defensive wingers—typically placed on or near the red line—will be positioned by the boards to challenge the puck carrier, prevent passing, or even keep opponents from moving through. The two defencemen who are positioned on or near the blue lines are the last defence, and must stall the opposition long enough for the wingers to reset themselves and continue the trap."

Holy crap, that interview with Pavel has to be one of the funniest interviews I've ever seen! :lol:

I cant stop laughing!

Haha. I liked the look in his eyes when he said "Really?" after hearing about the day off.

I'm age-impaired, but oh yes, I'm a fan of Pink Floyd. The Wall is powerful, powerful sound, and I'm guessing it is considered a classic by anyone who knows music and ensemble work. Probably even little old lady-types who play out-of-tune pianos in little southern Baptist churches wherever. ^_^

See, I hate The Wall. Love Comfortably Numb, hate The Wall. For the good of the Wings, I'll play it, though. They need the mojo.

Dude, Pavs post game was sooo ******* funny.

Keating (signing off)- Datsyuk, with the day off tomorrow

Pavs (getting his stuff)- REALLY?? If not a day off, I am coming looking for you

The look on Pav's face when Keats said they had the day off tomorrow was priceless! :lol:

Well, that whole line with Huds and Sammy has been great both of these games, but Flip really stood out to me tonight.

Just playing with lots of speed and good puck control, great passing, and creating some good chances.

When playing like this he reminds me of a younger Datsyuk..

Awesome game. This team looks like they mentally erased the entire regular season and just picked up from where they left off in the SCF last year.

Ozzie.. what can you say. I love the guy.

Perfect. Sounds really good. I have been waiting for this. The only bad thing is that I can watch the game only when somebody puts it over the internet. But if there's going to happend something bad or some finnish player is going to scored or something like that, then I see it on TV.

Guest Shoreline
Man, we cheated so well tonight.

Yes, and this soft team got run over and couldn't hack it.

I predict the Wings lose in 5 games. They choke too much.

The problem for Columbus is that they are expecting Nash to provide all of the offense,

They feel the need to have Nash provide their entire offense, and everybody else's role is to prevent Detroit from scoring.

Fail on both counts.

Nobody else knows how to play offense. They just block shots in front of Mason.

Yes, and this soft team got run over and couldn't hack it.

I predict the Wings lose in 5 games. They choke too much.

Wow, you do know we won the first two game right? Obviously we're gunna get swept because Therrien and Hitchcock are going to try and file an injunction against the Wings for cheating!

Thanks.

I have followed Valtteri's and Ville's (Leino) games already when they played here in Finland. But actually I wasn't fan of their teams here.

Go Wings!

Whoopzee. We got a new kid on the block?

Welcome! You have excellent taste! ;)

Guest Shoreline
Wow, you do know we won the first two game right? Obviously we're gunna get swept because Therrien and Hitchcock are going to try and file an injunction against the Wings for cheating!

Won? Hah. Cheaters never win. Or soft, apple-pie, fleshlig-- I mean, soft European teams.

Edited by Shoreline

Is it fair to say the Wings have been the best looking team so far this playoffs?

Yes!

However, Vancouver and Luongo kinda scare the pee outta me right now.

Feel free anybody to talk me down....

Edited by Vladifan