• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 0

Rate this topic

We cheat so well that we reverse cheated on face-offs, allowing us to exploit their surprise and cheat in *other* areas.

Are you new to this sport? ;)

I'm glad I am not susceptible to spontaneous combustion, because I surely would have after reading that and trying to figure out what reverse cheating on faceoffs entail.

Before the playoffs J. Willy bought the team robes.

After game 2's performance or should say embarrassment (to themselves) the Columbus media are donating these:

They'll need this extra help to even squeak out A win, let alone come back to beat the Wings in the series.

Guest Shoreline
No ground-rumbling going on, I hope...? :shocking:

Nah, although I'm moving around so much in this seat, myself, that I probably wouldn't notice anyways. :lol:

Probably this state's weak ass power grid.

Edited by Shoreline

These BJs are in deep now. You can't say they are choking, no one expected them to come this far so soon.

Murph said, and rightly so, that Hitchcock's task right now is to channel that...uh...exuberance into a more positive form. I'm hoping they're gonna feel even more pressure having to play well at home.

Whoopzee. We got a new kid on the block?

Welcome! You have excellent taste! ;)

I had the courage to join today :D (I think I can't speak so good English that you would understand me) But thank you! Excellent taste really. Especially if you know that my sister likes Pittsburgh Penguins.

Yes, and this soft team got run over and couldn't hack it.

I predict the Wings lose in 5 games. They choke too much.

:rolleyes: yeah, because they haven't already won twice, making it impossible to lose without at least a sixth game... and by the way, go back to your hole.

wings in 5.

What a completely satisfying beatdown of a win. That was a solid, 60 minute effort. The Wings dominated all over the ice. Great things to take away from this game:

Defense and PK were excellent (albeit against a Blue Jackets team not known for its PP).

Chris Osgood was EXCELLENT. He's been great in both games.

The Wings were plenty physical and answered the bell.

Stuart, who was the defensive goat so much of the 82, with a tremendous effort to block a shot on the breakaway chance by Columbus early.

The Blue Jackets were undisciplined and totally overmatched in this game; they had no idea the playoffs were played at this high a level and appeared to be shocked by it.

The crowd was outstanding!

I expect a very different Columbus team for these two games coming up in Columbus. The Jackets will feed off their crowd and it will be tough for the Red Wings to keep rolling like this. But winning games one and two at home is critical, and I love how the Wings ferociously pursued that. They did it last season in every series and now they've done it in this one.

Let me just say that it looks like Mike Babcock is STILL a major obstacle to Mike Commodore's success. :)

Great post. And as for Commodore and Babcock - yeah, what was that about? Don't quite remember.

Guest Shoreline
:rolleyes: yeah, because they haven't already won twice, making it impossible to lose without at least a sixth game... and by the way, go back to your hole.

wings in 5.

:lol:

I'm too much a bastard to set things straight with this. :lol:

I don't think the Wings really were especially dominant in any one facet of the game, except power plays. But they were clearly better in every facet - physicality, goaltending, puck possession, you name it - and complete and total dominance is what it added up to.

As good as everything was in Game 1, it was better in Game 2. Even the crowd was louder.

wings in 5.

yeah, what was he thinking? giving the Wings too much credit is what I say. Jackets in a sweep, with Games 3 and 4 so tilted in Columbus' favor that the league retroactively awards them 1 and 2 as well.

Guest Shoreline
yeah, what was he thinking? Jackets in four, clearly.

Indeed. I think someone said Jackets in 3. We've got a new Nostradamus on our hands here.. :ph34r:

The good news keeps coming

Grand Rapids rallied to score three goals in the third period to beat Hamilton 3-1. Griffins lead the series 2-0 and now they COME BACK HOME!!! to Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids for games 3, 4, and 5.

Hmm. Not that I'm counting my chickens, but this little factoid jumped out at me from the game recap:

Barring a stunning turnaround, Detroit will become the first defending Stanley Cup champion to reach the second round since the Colorado Avalanche did it seven years ago.

It's been seven years since a defending Cup winner made it to the second round?? That, I did not realize.

Guest Shoreline

Grand Rapids rallied to score three goals in the third period to beat Hamilton 3-1. Griffins lead the series 2-0 and now they COME BACK HOME!!! to Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids for games 3, 4, and 5.

:thumbup:

I had the courage to join today :D (I think I can't speak so good English that you would understand me) But thank you! Excellent taste really. Especially if you know that my sister likes Pittsburgh Penguins.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say your English seems to be good enough. A heck of a lot better than our Finnish.

As for your sister, I'm assuming you don't talk to her ever? Or at least, until after the playoffs end? ;)

Cool! Thanks for the update!