• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Icesurfer

Anaheim Preview

Rate this topic

That's a Swiss trait numbnuts. The Swiss like to make things appear difficult, but in fact it's very easy for them. Example Swiss Army Knife. Wow you're not very smart.

i'm not sure whether to :lol: or :scared: at this post. hilarious! it's almost worth the trolls being here for this comedic genius.

:lol: :lol:

Like I give two s***s about people from Switerzland and what their tendencies are, he looked shaky and a great defence greatly helped him. Yeah Swiss Army knife, sweet, now I know something about the Swiss, thanks bro.

:D the way i here you (or anyone) making that statement to this character, in my head at least, made me borderline laugh out loud just now. and i'm alone. :blush:

it's sad to me that duck guy is basically the only ducks fan who's posted here who actually observes the game and discusses it. these characters...man...too effing funny.

Not my point at all. My point was that the guy who says the Duck has to "play smart" is wrong. They have to live and die by what they do best. THUG IT UP. They won 2 Western Conference Championships and one Cup that way. It may or may not work this time, but it sure as hell isn't gonna chage.

i'm starting to think that you're actually a wings fan (probably a long-time member of this board) who is posting these stereotypical comments to be funny. it's working.

Not my point at all. My point was that the guy who says the Duck has to "play smart" is wrong. They have to live and die by what they do best. THUG IT UP. They won 2 Western Conference Championships and one Cup that way. It may or may not work this time, but it sure as hell isn't gonna chage.

And what I'm hoping will happen when the Ducks indeed "thug it up" (i.e., strategic fighting/goonery), they get their asses called on it at least the majority of times it happens. Difference between the Wings and the Sharks is that to this point (which is really all ANY of us have to go on right now?) the Wings pretty much know how to handle power plays and will capitalize on the Ducks' goonery and shove it right back in their faces with goals - which is the bottom line.

So much of what happens in this series is going to be dependent on how the refs call your team's uh...antics. So that is why it's all up in the air and you can spew this board with promises of what the Ducks are gonna do, but it doesn't mean jack till the games are played.

Edited by Vladifan

i'm not sure whether to :lol: or :scared: at this post. hilarious! it's almost worth the trolls being here for this comedic genius.

:D the way i here you (or anyone) making that statement to this character, in my head at least, made me borderline laugh out loud just now. and i'm alone. :blush:

it's sad to me that duck guy is basically the only ducks fan who's posted here who actually observes the game and discusses it. these characters...man...too effing funny.

I just laughed out loud too at the first statement I bolded. And I don't care who stares! :lol:

And your comment about Duck Guy is right on. Oh, for more classy, creative visitors like him and like hmmmmmsharks....(Hope I spelled that sort of right...)

Hiller played well enough, but he certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as the knob-slobberers are making him out to be.

Like the Wings did in 03, the Sharks fired harmless shot after harmless shot from the point, with no traffic in front.

Babcock states of Hiller that "We watched him lots." I hope he means that earnestly.

If they truly HAVE been watching, they'll note that:

1. The guy's like a Pez dispenser when it comes to rebounds. Lots of goalies give up tons of rebounds, but most can put them where they want them. Hiller has little, to no, rebound control. Beat the Duckies to those rebounds, and it's a whole different game. The Sharks weren't willing to do that. Will the Wings be willing to?

2. High. Shoot high. Glove side....blocker side....doesn't matter. His own Teammates pump goal after goal by him in practice AND warm-ups because they ALL SHOOT HIGH on him.

3. Traffic. He's scrambly in traffic. How many times during Round 1 was he literally, and I do mean literally, crawling around on his hands and knees like a 6 month old? He saw nearly EVERY SHOT the Sharks fired on him.

This Series worries me only because I know very well the Duckies penchant for attempting to advance through the Play Offs by injuring/intimidating their opponents into defeat.

You talking about Osgood or Hiller?

Guest Shoreline

The only thing that worries me is the Ducks defense and how it's strangled teams before, this season and recent years past. Also, how they've capitalized on the power play while the Wings PK struggles have been quite prominent this year. Otherwise, no threat. Socal Ducks fans (except Duck Guy, of course) don't really care for their team anyways, so the Ducks being ousted wouldn't cause a drop in the bucket. Their media would barely notice.

No, you are wrong. Just like I said, they DID TAKE A BOATLOAD of penalties. 32 minor penalties in 6 games. Look it up. http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetch...wName=penalties

That includes SIX minor penalties alone in the first period of game 6. The Duck finished second in penalties this year (and they were quite angry about this obvious mistake in the stats!) by averaging around 5 minor penalties a game. So they are ahead of pace.

Detroit, by comparison, had 16 minors in 4 games against the Columbus Byes.

Where you are right (blind squirrel theory in action) is LAST year where they took TWO boatloads of penalties against Dallas and THAT cost them.

Incidentally, the Ducks once again captured the Muhammad Ali Trophy by leading the league in fighting majors.

I repeat my point so that those with gigantic foreheads and cavernous skull cavities will understand. If the Duck takes the edge off their game and tries to skate with these European non-bathers, they are in trouble. The more they "engage", the better off they'll be. You guys should tell Pavel to pretend not to understand English again. It's your best shot.

Why is it that posters like you think you enhance your logic with this kind of idiotic put-down bulls***? You erase any shred of credibility with that kind of sophomoric crap. I'm personally done giving you opportunities to make your points with some semblance of intelligence and actual discussion. You, all by yourself, have turned into a loser.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid Cleveland Indians are on NBC on Sunday. The Ducks/Wings game will be on NBC on Sunday. Is there any other way to watch the game besides pay $20 on nhl.com

Sorry, the NBC game will be blacked out on NHL.com in the US, same with Versus games.

How do you ignore users on here? Hector Blake is getting on my nerves, he obviously doesn't realize which team's board he is posting on. Same with skacore.

Ignore: open that users profile, click "options" on the left and you will see ignore. And he realizes exactly where he's posting at. He is from another board that exists solely to troll other boards.

Clearly Hector Blake is a Wings fan who's trying to make Ducks fans look bad by pretending to be one =D Good job, Hector Blake! We appreciate the espionage! Maybe you should go post on the newspaper articles surrounding the series, too - that'll make Anaheim look REALLY bad (see Sharkgirl from the regular season)! Rock on, Hector Blake, and hopefully your Winged Wheels will destroy the Ducks in 4... that way you can declare your Red and White Pride openly, and stop having to make ridiculous comments in an effort to make the Ducks fanbase look bad (not really needed, BTY)

Here is the way I see it:

Ducks commit tons of penalties, not even half of which get called. Wings cant score on PP because of holding and interference (typical playoff play). Pronger gets away with murder all series.

Wings go down in 6.

This is the one team I didnt want to see the Wings play. After a tough fought series and our lengthy time off, the Ducks will come in with intensity the Wings will have a hard time matching.

Just yhe wat I see it going down.

I hope to God Im wrong.

I'm curious as to how many people here actually caught any part of the Sharks-Ducks series. Because, honestly, the Ducks didn't look scary at all. Way too much overestimating going on around these parts, imo. This Ducks team is a shell of its former Cup-winning self.

I'm curious as to how many people here actually caught any part of the Sharks-Ducks series. Because, honestly, the Ducks didn't look scary at all. Way too much overestimating going on around these parts, imo. This Ducks team is a shell of its former Cup-winning self.

I did. Watched every single minute. Their 4-0 and 2-0 wins, they looked great. Yes, they let alot of shots up net but they cleared all rebounds from Hiller. This team reminds me more of the 2003 Ducks than the 2007. They have good D and a hot goalie. Yes, you can make the statment that Holm hasnt been in front of him yet. But, you all said that about Giguere. too!

Did the Duck play smart when they beat the Wings the LAST TWO TIMES THEY FACED THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS? Did they "play smart" when they took a boatload of penalties vs San Jose? Thew WIN GAMES because they bully their way around.

The day they "play smart" is the day their season ends.

I think what he meant by play smart was to not take a buttload of penalties. I think we can both agree that Detroit isn't a team you want to hand too many power plays over to.