• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Randy Carlyle already working officials

Rate this topic

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

"Holmstrom at times gets away with a lot more than most players do," Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said. "He's probably the guy that has the most penalties called against him for goaltender interference. It seems that (Johan) Franzen and now (Tomas) Kopecky are following that lead of trying to get in front of the net and be effective."

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

"Holmstrom at times gets away with a lot more than most players do," Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said. "He's probably the guy that has the most penalties called against him for goaltender interference. It seems that (Johan) Franzen and now (Tomas) Kopecky are following that lead of trying to get in front of the net and be effective."

Carlyle is right. He totally "gets away with it." The man gets a penalty if he comes within 10 feet of the goalie. I wouldn't be surprised if they called "Intent to Interfere" as soon as he steps on the ice.

Edited by VM1138

Guest bobbyryan

Hiller won't survive against someone parked in the crease. The Sharks didn't plant someone there. You will.

The Ducks D will have to move them or get the refs invovled early and often (e.g. Carlyle starting early).

AHAHAHAHAHAAA Whatever. Homer gets the biggest BS calls against him ever simply because of his "reputation". Instantly I remember the no-goal from Game 1 of the SCF last year. The article is pretty hilarious though. I love Homer's sense of humor.

So, for those keeping a tally:

~We're obstructionists

~We cheat at faceoffs

~Homer, Mule and Koko (lol) are goalie interference masters

~We're cheating cheaters who cheat

Am I leaving anything out?

While most officiating complaints from coaches are simply cry baby bullsh*t stemming from unprofessional jackasses trying to even the playing field against a team they know their team is inferior to. Carlyle's preemptive whining is not only completely inaccurate, but the exact opposite of truth.

AHAHAHAHAHAAA Whatever. Homer gets the biggest BS calls against him ever simply because of his "reputation". Instantly I remember the no-goal from Game 1 of the SCF last year. The article is pretty hilarious though. I love Homer's sense of humor.

~We're obstructionists

~We cheat at faceoffs

I think it's really funny that he mentions Koko but not Cleary.

That's one of the things that really grinds my gears.grinds my gears.

Holmstrom is damn good at his job, so he clearly must be cheating - right?

Homer is going to have penalties called, that is a given. It happened all season and he did not do anything.

He's probably the guy that has the most penalties called against him for goaltender interference. It seems that (Johan) Franzen and now (Tomas) Kopecky are following that lead of trying to get in front of the net and be effective."

and now Tomas Kopecky are following that lead of trying to get in front of the net and be effective.

Tomas Kopecky

We're in trouble. Carlyle has discovered our secret weapon. :o

That's one of the things that really grinds my gears.

Holmstrom is damn good at his job, so he clearly must be cheating - right?

Well, we do live in a world where we're supposed to be ashamed for being successful.

~We're obstructionists

~We cheat at faceoffs

Babcock is lazy and he sucks. Trade him for a hot dog and a bag of pucks. His intense competitive streak stems from simple male overcompensation for a small penis. Oh, wait, officials don't care about any of that do they?

Guest Shoreline

So I guess now it's Babs turn to go to the media and talk about Pronger's flying elbows? Nahhhh.

I think it's really funny that he mentions Koko but not Cleary.

You guessed it. Randy Carlyle is actually Don Cherry. Pretty soon you'll hear him say, "Fetisov should be suspended 30 games for that goaltender interference!!!" "...But Fetisov doesn't play anymore, Don." "Oh whatever his name is, they're all the same..."

So I guess now it's Babs turn to go to the media and talk about Pronger's flying elbows? Nahhhh.

I remember Burke trying to defend him. It was among some of the worst bunch of bulls*** and pure devil's advocating that I've ever heard.

"Well, sir, Chris Pronger is 6 foot 6 checking guys that are on average 6 foot even, so it's only natural that his elbows come into contact with their frontal lobes..."

...Right, so basically if someone is 6 foot 6 then they should'nt have to be responsible for their size when it gets out of control?