• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Rafalski OUT tonight, Chelios in

Rate this topic

I'm not to worried about tonight. I think Chelios will do a decent job out there. He is a very smart player. Only thing I'm worried about is we might see Sammy get more time on the PP. I would personally rather see Ericsson on the point then Sammy. Ericsson might be young, but I think everyone can agree that he has been very impressive. He also has that big heavy shot.

Ericsson is a lefty, hence why he won't see much PP time (if any) tonight. Sammy being a righty is the reason he's on the point rather than Stuart. The same applies for Ericcson.

Alright, I won't demand to see Chelios on the power play ;)

But I think he will be great to have out there when the Ducks are cycling down low.

I just hope we get the "Strong down low" Chelli and one of the "I cant make a decision to block the guy in front of the net or go in the corner" Chelli. Maybe its not his decision making, but there are many times when you see him kind of in between. Maybe its his legs? Not what they used to be?

Anywho- Hopefully B-52 Bomber has a great night to instill even more confidence. Playing with Nick will allow him to take the rush a bit more.

Rafalski had been resting a sore groin down the stretch. That is why he was missing some practices. When it was reported that he missed the last practice, it made me a little worried that his groin was still bothering him.

This can be the chance that Ericsson can show his shot on the powerplay, depending on how many minutes he gets there. From the article, it sounds like Lidstrom will play most of the two minutes, while Kronwall and Samuelsson mix in. It stated Ericsson and Stuart might see some time.

Edited by CenterIce

Ericsson is a lefty, hence why he won't see much PP time (if any) tonight. Sammy being a righty is the reason he's on the point rather than Stuart. The same applies for Ericcson.

Right, so does that mean Sammy moves up to the first PP? If so it still leaves a PP spot on the point open. Who's going to be filling that?

dear god, please tell me this is a mistake. chris chelios is the worst player in the NHL.

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatever happened to meech?? i'd rather have him in than cheli

Me too, he is a ton faster then cheli and hits more.

Wow, I cant believe people are freaking out so much over this. Dont get me wrong, losing Rafalski does suck, but Cheli will get the job done. I know he aint not spring chicken now-a-days, but he'll be just fine.

Right, so does that mean Sammy moves up to the first PP? If so it still leaves a PP spot on the point open. Who's going to be filling that?

According to the article the OP posted, Babs is gonna use somewhat of a three-man point rotation with Lids, Kronwall and Sammy. Then he'll mix in Stuart and Ericsson to take up the rest of the time.

Guest micah

Our powerplay just got less effective and we just became more likely to be on the PK. Get well soon, Ralalski.

that was 2007 though, and this past year i have decided he is the worst player in the league. at least you have to admit he has the worst shot. even if you think the guy still has some worth, admit that there is no one with a worse shot.

Oh, well if YOU have made that decision, then let it be known as FACT. Chelios will not play tonight. We'll dress 5 defensemen.

This is why Chelios is still on this team, I'm glad to have him in a pinch when someone goes down. He still plays hard and is about as smart as any player on the team.

Agreed. I'm just scratching my head as to why 8 days later the Wings seem to be in WORSE shape than they were after Game 4 of the first round.

Maybe he has swine flu.

This is why Chelios is still on this team, I'm glad to have him in a pinch when someone goes down. He still plays hard and is about as smart as any player on the team.

Exactly. Cheli had a tough time getting going this year coming back from injury, but I have confidence he'll be able to fill in well this time of year. But hopefully Rafi's back quick--the depth of the Wings defence is getting an early test here.

Sh*t this ruins my day. :( If it's just game one, the Wings will be fine - if Raffy is out for longer - this could be big trouble. Why do we always get injuries before we play the Ducks? :(

Well we can always count on Pronger to do something stupid (hopefully noone gets hurt) and get bounced a few games...

whatever happened to meech?? i'd rather have him in than cheli

Wow... just, wow...

While this could hurt us offensively, I think it might be as close to a wash defensively as it could be...

Agreed, Rafalski gets run in the corners all the time, and can be a turnover machine.

Me too, he is a ton faster then cheli and hits more.

Yeah, because that speed will be really effective in the corners and along the boards against Anaheim's 3rd and 4th lines. Good call.

Sh*t this ruins my day. :( If it's just game one, the Wings will be fine - if Raffy is out for longer - this could be big trouble. Why do we always get injuries before we play the Ducks? :(

Well we can always count on Pronger to do something stupid (hopefully noone gets hurt) and get bounced a few games...

Ditto, this really sucks, bad. If he is out for any length of time, we could be in trouble. I was really looking forward to playing the Ducks with an almost fully healthy D ( Lilja ). I'm really worried about this game now. f***, this sucks!! :thumbdown:

dear god, please tell me this is a mistake. chris chelios is the worst player in the NHL.

Agreed. Chelios is horrible. For every one minute he's on the ice he spends two minutes in the sin bin.

I predict at least two bonehead minor penalities from Chelios.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU----

that sucks. mainly, our PP takes a huge hit with raffi out. DAMN it. i was really hoping to go into this series with our D firing on all cylinders. mother effer.

oh well, here's hoping for the best from cheli *uneasy smile and weak thumbs up*

Guest lnvincible
Well that was.... unexpected.

I am not happy about this. Not happy at all.

Are you guys serious? Already putting Chili under the bus before even plays? Get serious. Thats just horrible...

The Ericsson fan in me is excited he's getting this opertunity and hopes he really, really steps it up and impresses the hell out of everyone. Adding that kind of size and grit to the top pairing is definitely a good thing.

But the realist in me is praying Rafalski is back for game 2! :(

Guest mindfly

Wings need to learn to play with nagging injuries in the playoffs.. everything doesnt have to feel perfect damnit just go out and play for your lifes!

Cheli can still do it.

Haven't we been throwing Raffy under the bus all year? Hmm?

Ya don't know whatcha got til it's gone.

Have no fear. It won't be easy, but the Wings will prevail.