• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Rafalski OUT tonight, Chelios in

Rate this topic

Are the Ducks healthy?

Of course they are. I checked out the roster in the 4 games that we played against them in the regular season, and in 3 out of 4 of those games, AT LEAST ONE of Franzen, Homer, and/or Hossa were out.

I'm ******* pissed about this. Instead of Lilja-Ericsson, we're looking at Lebda-Chelios.

And don't forget that this means Kronwall is paired with Stuart. Say goodbye to strong defense, and hello to a ton of turnovers and slot opportunities for Ryan and Getzlaf.

This is much more than one injury. The domino effect this has throughout the lineup is flat out scary.

Wings need to learn to play with nagging injuries in the playoffs.. everything doesnt have to feel perfect damnit just go out and play for your lifes!

You have no clue what Rafalski is dealing with. Stop making assumptions you can't back up with facts.

Defensively, Eriksson's big body paired with Lidstrom against the Duck's top line is a plus. Chelios may cost them a dumb penalty, but he should be fine on the third pairing. This only hurts a little on the PP. Time for Kronwall and Stuart to step up.

Am I the only one who feels like these are "relatively minor" injuries to Rafalski and Draper and that the Wings are either being precautionary or really don't mind the alternatives (Helm and Chelios) as long as they are winning games?

Of course they are. I checked out the roster in the 4 games that we played against them in the regular season, and in 3 out of 4 of those games, AT LEAST ONE of Franzen, Homer, and/or Hossa were out.

I'm ******* pissed about this. Instead of Lilja-Ericsson, we're looking at Lebda-Chelios.

And don't forget that this means Kronwall is paired with Stuart. Say goodbye to strong defense, and hello to a ton of turnovers and slot opportunities for Ryan and Getzlaf.

This is much more than one injury. The domino effect this has throughout the lineup is flat out scary.

Kronwall would've been paired with Stuart regardless....their assignments didn't change. It'll be up to Lidstrom to watch E's back. The bottom pairing shouldn't see a sniff of the Getzlaf line since its a home game and Babs has the last change.

People calm down... He is listed as day to day so I am expecting to see him back soon in this series. Are we forgetting why this team is so successful? Depth people... Depth, and one man isnt going to cause us this series no matter what position he plays. Chelios may be no substitute for Raffy but he isnt garbage, he is smart and will be excited for this opportunity and probably play his best hockey tonight. If we are so worried every time we lose one player then I feel sorry for you because I guarantee we lose another to injuries before these playoffs are over. It just happens and good teams find a way to win no matter what. And I'm pretty sure the Red Wings are a good team...

Cheli will bring it and shut up all the haters...I'll be the first to admit that it's not 1993 anymore, but name a better guy in the league to be able to plug in in this situation. He's played well when he's been rested, and he's obviously been rested for a while.

Rafalski was brutal in our end against the BJs, so I'm not worried about any dropoff defensively...our top four is actually stronger defensively with Ericsson in for Rafalski, IMO.

Obviously, the PP is the biggest concern. The Ducks will take penalties, and we need to score when they do.

Hopefully it's not serious and we're fully loaded (minus Lilja) when we go to SoCal...

No big deal. Chelios will step in and do fine, he's been wanting to get in all season and he's gonna be great in limited doses tonight.

I wouldn't say it's no big deal. Our PP will look like s*** with him out of the lineup. Not to mention he's one of the 10 best defenseman in the league offensively.

Seriously, we had a week off since the last game and I don't remember him getting injured then. Did he get hurt in practice or something? Yesterday I remember reading that he was expected to play tonight.

I like Cheli on the 3rd pairing, but this moves up guys who aren't ready yet to handle bigger responsibilities. We may even see Sammy getting more PP time out of this.

This is exactly what happened the last time the Wings versed Anaheim in the playoffs.

Except then we already knew that Kronwall and Schneider wouldn't be playing. This, however, was a surprise that not many people foresaw considering how the team had a week off.

This is exactly what happened the last time the Wings versed Anaheim in the playoffs.

The Wings are still much deeper on defense than in '07.

Lidstrom-Markov

Chelios-Lilja

Lebda-Quincey

vs.

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

Still significantly better.

Yes and no.

2007:

We lost Nik during the season and Schneids during the playoffs.

We faced the Ducks with Lids, Markov, Lilja, Cheli, Lebda and Quincey.

2009:

We lost Lilja during the season and Raf (for at least this game) in the playoffs.

We are facing the Ducks with Lids, Nik, Stuie, Big Rig, Cheli and Lebda.

In comparison, Lids is as good as ever. Cheli is older, but rested. Lebda has improved.

That leaves Nik, Stuie, and JonE replacing Markov, Lilja (version 2007) and Quincey.

I think we'll be ok.

Oh, well if YOU have made that decision, then let it be known as FACT. Chelios will not play tonight. We'll dress 5 defensemen.

im glad you agree that i am an expert. seriously though, the guy can no longer skate, his passing isnt as good as meech, he has a godawful shot that makes me cringe everytime i see him wind up and the guy is senile. the guy gets exposed over and over defensively and he takes stupid penalties. give us meech!

Guest bobbyryan

/popcorn

Like I said before, this game will make you sick to your stomachs. Our slow-motion puck cycling with Chelios out there. LMAO!

/popcorn

Like I said before, this game will make you sick to your stomachs. Our slow-motion puck cycling with Chelios out there. LMAO!

I'd rather have them lose in the beginning and get back on track.

Guest MrSandMan

Wait. Is this a reliable source? It's hard to imagine Ralf would be out after all this time off to get healthy...