• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Rafalski OUT tonight, Chelios in

Rate this topic

Mindless pessimism? Chelios is far from the worst fill-in player the majority of teams would have at their disposal.

^ This.

In today's times I'll take Rafalski over Chelios any day of the week, but from some posts in here, some of you seriously need to get a grip.

Guest mindfly
You have no clue what Rafalski is dealing with. Stop making assumptions you can't back up with facts.

If you read between the lines you know its some kind of groin problem... holmstrom had a sports hernia injury but played anyway, worked pretty well eh dont you think

Edited by mindfly

If you read between the lines you know its some kind of groin problem... holmstrom had a sports hernia injury but played anyway, worked pretty well eh dont you think

And we still don't know the extent of the injury. If Rafalski could play, he would. If Draper could play, he would. They aren't cleared to play though and it isn't up to them.

Even beloved Steve Yzerman had to sit out playoff games due to injury.

Sometimes you just can't play.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

that was 2007 though, and this past year i have decided he is the worst player in the league. at least you have to admit he has the worst shot. even if you think the guy still has some worth, admit that there is no one with a worse shot.

He's never been out there for his shot. Not as long as I've seen him play and that's since he came to Detroit. Yeah, he's slower but he is still tough as nails and will not take crap from anyone. He could very well end up being a target/decoy, but knowing the way the Ducks go for overkill, that's not all bad.

I gotta say I got a kick out of your statement, "I have decided...". Sorry, but that means what to Babcock or for that matter, Rafalski or the Red Wings?

That means Big E is movin UP!! Wow.. getting to play with Nicky!! WHOOHOOO! Look out... I'm not happy about Cheli playing... at least not yet. You never know he may have been resting all this time just so he could get geared up to make a long run. Lebda needs Cheli's guidance out there sometimes.... ok hell most of the time. Crissyyyy meet Big E!!!! LOL :)

The fact that Ericsson is moving up had not dawned on me, even after reading the line-up, so thanks! I also agree that is positive news.

Me too, he is a ton faster then cheli and hits more.

Meech may have the speed but at this point in his career, that's about all he has. He doesn't have the experience, timing and sense of positioning that Cheli has.

Kids, kids, kids....we have to be ok with this. And I for one, am.

The Wings ran these 3 defensive pairings in the regular season and they worked rather well. The playoffs are all about overcoming obstacles. If the Wings can't over come this than they were not going to win anything.

/popcorn

Like I said before, this game will make you sick to your stomachs. Our slow-motion puck cycling with Chelios out there. LMAO!

You know what I'm hoping? I thought you'd never ask.

I'm hoping that idiotic elbowing-piece-of-s*** Pronger comes at Cheli just like he did Yzerman. I'm thinking Cheli still has the timing to know when to bend over. Please, hockey gods - make it happen.

Edited by Vladifan

Please show me these "magical" lines you're reading through. You have no clue what his injury is or the extent of it. So before you go and call out a players' toughness, you might want to bite your tongue.

/popcorn

Like I said before, this game will make you sick to your stomachs. Our slow-motion puck cycling with Chelios out there. LMAO!

You crack me up. You do realize these teams have played before, right?

Did california start handing out free Pronger T-shirts or something in all the middle schools?

Edited by egroen

im glad you agree that i am an expert. seriously though, the guy can no longer skate, his passing isnt as good as meech, he has a godawful shot that makes me cringe everytime i see him wind up and the guy is senile. the guy gets exposed over and over defensively and he takes stupid penalties. give us meech!

Meech was actually worse than Lebda this season. Didn't think that was possible, but you must be off of your rocker to want to put him in against the Ducks than Chelios. If this were a faster team like the Jackets or Oilers, maybe... but against this team? You're out of your mind. He'd get punked worse than Kopecky will be this series.

ohhhhhhh! these lines

Update from Friday's morning skate: Wings defenseman Brian Rafalski won't play in Game 1 vs. Anaheim tonight due to an upper-body injury, coach Mike Babcock said.
its all very clear now.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...lski_to_mi.html

Meech was actually worse than Lebda this season. Didn't think that was possible, but you must be off of your rocker to want to put him in against the Ducks than Chelios. If this were a faster team like the Jackets or Oilers, maybe... but against this team? You're out of your mind. He'd get punked worse than Kopecky will be this series.

okay so maybe youre right about meech, and maybe im acting a little insane right now thinking that maybe the aocalypse is upon us all. ill give you that. BUT chelios is not an upgrade over rafalski in any way shape or form. rafalski is underrated by a lot of people on this board for his defensive capabilities too. however, it will be nice to watch cheli crush some skulls during the inevitable post whistle scrums.

on another note, check out this blog about post whistle scrums and tell me you dont think about sammy instantly.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/2576...le-Phonies.html

Guest mindfly
Please show me these "magical" lines you're reading through. You have no clue what his injury is or the extent of it. So before you go and call out a players' toughness, you might want to bite your tongue.

If he rested 2-3 practices because of a sore groin don't you think it's a high possibility that the groin hasn't gotten better and is the reason why he doesn't play, it was in freep a few days ago.

We don't know the extent of the injury, but they could say an upper body problem, and his groin is the issue. They never want to give any kind of advantage to the opposition, which they shouldn't. The assumption on the groin injury is that Rafalski was missing practice and some games trough the end of the regular season, and he missed their last practiced. So, the assumption was that it flared up, again. Who knows. Just need a win!

Oh come on NFM you know what lines he is talking about. :ph34r: The report is that it is an upper-body injury so the only possible upper-body injury that it could be is the groin. :hehe:

Edit: Yeah I know they could be lying about where the injury is but it is still funny.

Edited by Frozen-Man

If he rested 2-3 practices because of a sore groin don't you think it's a high possibility that the groin hasn't gotten better and is the reason why he doesn't play, it was in freep a few days ago.

So because you feel you've been able to narrow it down to a groin injury (which the reports are saying its not), you think that also gives you the credibility and the knowledge to criticize Rafalski's toughness when you have zero clue what the extent of his injury is?

None of us has a clue as to the extent of his injury and until then, calling out a guys toughness that's probably 10X tougher than any of us is pathetic.

Guest mindfly
Oh come on NFM you know what lines he is talking about. :ph34r: The report is that it is an upper-body injury so the only possible upper-body injury that it could be is the groin. :hehe:

They can say whatever they want to the reporters, sometimes they say undisclosed but to get rid of questions they just say upper or lower and if they say upper it might as well be lower just to fool media (read:opponents), they are not obligated to reveal anything since last year, the GM's stated this.

They can say whatever they want to the reporters, sometimes they say undisclosed but to get rid of questions they just say upper or lower and if they say upper it might as well be lower just to fool media (read:opponents), they are not obligated to reveal anything since last year, the GM's stated this.

Of course they're not obligated to reveal anything. That still doesn't give you the credibility or knowledge to call out his toughness.

Again, none of us has a clue as to the extent of his injury.