• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LivoniaGrinder

I'm Done With The NHL

Rate this topic

I think I'm finally done with hockey. Some of my friends quit watching/following after the lockout and I hung around thinking things would get better. After this BS call tonight I just can't watch anymore. Bettman and his merry band of ******* have officially ruined it for me. Let Kalifornia and all the homos there have this watered-down, corrupt, bettman-fied version of the NHL, it ain't what it used to be and with crap like this I just can't stand it anymore.

It is when the ref intends to blow the whistle..it has always been the rule. It is the refs fault 100% though, he was not positioned well to see the puck. Yes, the ref screwed you!

I think I'm finally done with hockey. Some of my friends quit watching/following after the lockout and I hung around thinking things would get better. After this BS call tonight I just can't watch anymore. Bettman and his merry band of ******* have officially ruined it for me. Let Kalifornia and all the homos there have this watered-down, corrupt, bettman-fied version of the NHL, it ain't what it used to be and with crap like this I just can't stand it anymore.

I'm starting to feel the same way dude ... This just might be the last year I'll be watching NHL or should I say NBL = National Bettman league.

I 100% agree with all of these posts. There is an obvious attempt to keep the wings down, as usual. f*** that ref.. I wish him the worst.

All I know, is tomorrow when everyone in the league is defending the ref and the NHL website will have endless talk of the invinciple Ducks staving off the Wings instead of a picture hi-res picture of a puck sitting the crease with the words "Anaheim Screw Job" underneith it, I'm going to be choking on bile.

I still love the game, but its getting worse then the NBA which I already abandoned. There is obvious favoritism towards underdogs, something made especially evident during the SC finals as the refs do whatever is necessary to draw the series out as long as possible. Last year was a sterling example that I don't honestly think any amount of logic can deter.

However, I'll never give up on my favorite team in my faborite sport, I just don't have it in me. Worse comes to worse I'll just boycott the rest of the playoffs assuming the Red Wings get eliminated after this farce of ending to a game. Really I believe by giving up on the NHL as a Wings fan you're really just hurting the Wings whom I know you still support despite the crappy league they play in.

Edited by Vincanni

Guest mindfly

NHL IS A JOKE!

Should be like in football, the headcoaches get to throw a flag on the ice when they wanna challenge a call that was made, if they are wrong the lose a time-out but if they are right the call will be changed.

Simple, Correct, Everyone is happy.

Edited by mindfly

Teams get screwed all the time. Ducks have had a few this year. I am sure NJ thought they got screwed on that goal w/ .02 sec left. It happens, all that matters is that you rebound and get the lead next time!

I can't believe you would stop watching hockey because of 1 game? You are Hockeytown...I felt the elecricity of your arena on Sunday! I found so much respect from your fans at that game. I think the fans who are "banning" hockey because of this are not real fans

Aloha LGW!

I'm a Wings fan, mainly a Shark's fan, but a hockey fan first! And I feel the same way I do about this sport. How can they take themselves seriously when a blown call like that can be made? When the other major sports are taken drastic measures to insure the integrity of the game with instant replay, why does hockey continue to wallow in the mediocrity of human error?

And I hate Gary Buttman more than most people. The fact that Brad Watson still has a job, just proves how much he sucks ass.

Hockey needs instant replay! And Watson, Campbell, and Buttman all have to go!

For the love of god will someone please save hockey?

It's stupid that they put so much faith in the refs. Every call, every call, should be reviewable. Give the coaches 3 reviewable calls a game.

Agreed. If the challenge wins, then the play is justified. If not, take away a time out or give a delay of game call. If a team is as certain as they would have been tonight, it is worth the risk.

I don't give a flying f*** if the ref "intended" to blow the whistle or not, the play is not dead. The ref can "intend" to do a lot of things. I don't blame you for leaving the sport after this bogus mishap.

What I want to know is WHY would the Ref NOT "intend to blow" the whistle when Neidermayer was RUNNING Chris Osgood, but intend to blow the whistle when he's OUT OF ***** POSITION and can't see the puck regardless of where it is? This makes absolutely NO SENSE. The announcers started the train of thought that the ref wasn't positioned properly, but then quickly held their tongues. Did anyone else notice this? Are the announcers not allowed to say "Boy, the Wings really just got A$$ FKED on this one." Because that's exactly what happened. Everyone can say "Wings should have played for 60 minutes" and "Wings will win game 4 if they truly want to be champs" and "what comes around goes around" and all that other BS. BULLSH!T. What comes around doesn't go around. It ***** comes around for the Wings, fks them right up the A$$, then comes back around and does it again and again and again. THERE is NO ***** WAY the ref should have blown that call dead at that point in the game in the position he was in (out of position). He should have skated around into position, and then made his call. At the 10 minute mark of period 1 in the regular season, sure. I can see the ref looking to give the goalie a little protection. But not at 54 seconds left in game 3 of the 2nd round of the playoffs with the team down a goal attacking with their goalie pulled. That's ***** INSANE. CLEARLY INSANE. I can't put it together as of right now. I just can't see how the Neidermayer call slips by and the Hossa call doesn't. It's clearly something else besides "bad luck". Bad luck would be the ref making that stupid call, but then going over to the scorers desk and asking if the whistle blew BEFORE the puck went in, or if it blew AFTER the puck went in, realizing the whistle blew AFTER the puck went in, and then saying that his GD DM ***** "intent" wasn't any "intent" at all and that he blew the ***** whistle EXACTLY when he thought the play was dead, then calling it a goal because the puck was in BEFORE that happened. That's what BAD LUCK is. GETTING JOBBED is the official saying he intended to blow the whistle when the puck was in clear sight to EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE PLANET EXCEPT HIM and disallowing a perfectly legitimate goal 99.9% of the other times it is scored in the NHL. That's what getting jobbed is. I'm so furious right now. That had the makings of an all time classic game for the NHL, just like game 2. And that would have made this an all-time classic series for the Wings and the NHL, and that stupid ***** ZEBRA determined the game. NOT the players. I'm not surprised that baseball and basketball still stay ahead of hockey with Bettman and his clowns running this monkey show. It's ridiculous.

The announcers started the train of thought that the ref wasn't positioned properly, but then quickly held their tongues. Did anyone else notice this? Are the announcers not allowed to say "Boy, the Wings really just got A$$ FKED on this one."

"That is just a horrible [pause] break for the Wings." - VS dude

Although I hope you are overreacting, bad officiating DO hurt the game's image of fairness and honor. I guess everyone's got a point where it's not worth the time and effort anymore, but I still think the good parts outweighs the bad.