• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

Love how the pregame write up on Yahoo! wastes the bottom third of the article bringing up Holmstrom's elbow, yet not a single mention of Brad Watson destroying the game.

I also looooove how the National headlines for the Hawks, Bruins, and Pens all talk about what they "need to do" in order to even up THEIR Series, whereas the Wings/Ducks Series headlines read:

"Ducks look to go up 3-1 on Detroit"

I also looooove how the National headlines for the Hawks, Bruins, and Pens all talk about what they "need to do" in order to even up THEIR Series, whereas the Wings/Ducks Series headlines read:

"Ducks look to go up 3-1 on Detroit"

I guess everyone hates a winner. :unsure: That's pretty rude, though.

Who are the refs tonight? Sorry if it's posted already.

For us Wings fans outside of the greater Detroit area - all we get is VS for this game...Is it on FSN Detroit?
FSD has Tigers@Indians.

DTV has the Wings listed on Directv. It says RSN Alternative whatever that is. I'll try it at 10:30.

Shouldn't be blacked out on VS, just not on FS (showing the Angels instead...fitting...shows you the priorities here). Here's the link w/explanation:

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=420881

Not sure what's worse...the Anaheim announcers or the VS guys. On second thought...the Anaheim guys did fully admit that it was a bush-league call in game 3. ;)

That's easy--Hayward is the biggest homer commentator there is. I live in SoCal and hate listening to this guy. He actually used the word "wonderful" in the same sentence with Pronger last game. Man I think he has a crush on the Ducks players--he disgusts me. Ken and Mick put this duo to shame. If I knew a channel I could get them on I would silence the television.

Wings gotta win this one, my sons play travel hockey here in SoCal and there are way too many Ducks fans at the rinks here--I may need to get immunized!

Wings win 3-1. Hossa and Dats finally get on the board.

If they don't play like they care tonight, the playoffs are over for us.

That said, should I break out the red Zetterberg jersey, the white Lidstrom jersey, or the blank WC jersey?

I cannot stand VS. Why cant it be on FSD. and the tigers on +

I want ESPN to get the NHL back...... sorry for the off-topic rant.

LET GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!! lets put a beating on them

thank you, I am multitasking here, trying to finish some stuff up before the game. No Watson, cannot be a bad thing! :thumbup:

No problem :) No Watson is great. So is no O'Halloran. I was 99% positive we were going to get stuck with him after the Watson!Fail. <_< Thank goodness I was wrong.

That said, should I break out the red Zetterberg jersey, the white Lidstrom jersey, or the blank WC jersey?

Red Z. Maybe it can help him dominate on faceoffs tonight. C'mon good Wing mojo!

break out the Z jersey. I have my white old skool Osgood jersey on. :D

Woo hoo. I like these 10:30 starts...gives me enough time to get home from work and get settled for the game! Lets go Wings!

Another positive about having the NHL on ESPN is that, in cases when games overlap, they can air one on ESPN2.

We don't get that option with Versus and it's a shame, especially in the playoffs. Let's hope Vancouver holds this lead and we won't have to worry about it.

Red Z. Maybe it can help him dominate on faceoffs tonight. C'mon good Wing mojo!

Hm, on further thought I'm leaning towards the Lidstrom jersey. the Zatta/WC jerseys didn't do any good on games 2-3

I am gonna puke if I have to listen to these VS announcers fellate the Ducks all night long.

Hopefully the Wings shove their bias right down their farking throats:

"The ducks have never lost a Series when they've had a 2-1 lead."

Hey, Doc....

Maybe that's due to the fact that PRIOR to them becoming the biggest cheapshot Team in the League....Playoff appearance were few and far between. and 2-1 Series leads even moreso.

FARK!

Tied as I type this.....

Damn, Hawks just scored to tie it up with 2 minutes left. Does this mean that we will have to join the Wings game already in progress if it goes into overtime? Crap. I know that this probably sounds terrible, but I just want to watch the Wings already!

Edited by wingfan4ever