• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

cmon pavel... its game time...

Rate this topic

so hossa got the monkey off his back last game... now it's time for datsyuk to do the same. he's playin with his old pal z again... time to make some magic happen. This series he has one assist and is a -1. we know he's a heck of a player, which is why he was nominated for the hart, and he needs to step his game up tomorrow night. he has not had a great playoffs so far, scoring only one goal and 2 assists, but tomorrow... datsyuk catches fire. gl datsyuk and go wings! :)

To be honest I do not care who is scoring for us. I was cheering for him to put up some point during the last year play-offs but I guess now we all know he can perform in the play-offs. Sooner or later he will start producing points.

The series would be over.

I think a sweep would be reaching a little high. While Detroit has their talented offence, the Ducks have their D that can match that offence (when they don't have mental breakdowns like Game 4 :P ). If the Wings were all healthy, and all the lines were rolling, then I'd say Wings in 5. But with how the series has gone so far, I'll be surprised if this series doesn't go to 7 games.

Datsyuk has been playing amazing the past 3 games. He might not have the points to show it but his hitting getting his nose dirty going to the net. People don't seem to realize why Datsyuk and Hossa we're not producing. They think it's because no chemistry or both not performing well but people don't seem to realize that Anaheim had a counter line for Datsyuk which they we're getting shut down. Now what Babcock did was shift Hossa with Zetts causing Hossa talent against lines that weren't ready for that switch.

Our #1 line is not playing bad ... there just facing probably the best shut down line in the NHL simple as that.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

He's playing better lately, however, if he doesn't put points on the board, he isn't doing his job.

Guys like Maltby and Draper are here to play hard and not put up points. When Datsyuk does it, it becomes a problem, especially when he's a top line player and has been scoring all year.

He's definitely been the biggest disappointment for the Wings so far in the playoffs.

I think a sweep would be reaching a little high. While Detroit has their talented offence, the Ducks have their D that can match that offence (when they don't have mental breakdowns like Game 4 :P ). If the Wings were all healthy, and all the lines were rolling, then I'd say Wings in 5. But with how the series has gone so far, I'll be surprised if this series doesn't go to 7 games.

The original question was "what if the Wings were firing on all cylinders?" My answer was "the series would be over". This is the correct answer. Game 2 would have never gone into overtime and the black and white striped extra man you had in Game 3 would have made the correct call and THIS SERIES WOULD BE OVER! THE END!

He's playing better lately, however, if he doesn't put points on the board, he isn't doing his job.

Guys like Maltby and Draper are here to play hard and not put up points. When Datsyuk does it, it becomes a problem, especially when he's a top line player and has been scoring all year.

He's definitely been the biggest disappointment for the Wings so far in the playoffs.

yep

I think most people expected this series to go to six or seven regarless. The Ducks can get us off our game like nobody's business. <_< And that's a credit to your team. It's also annoying as hell. I hope now that the Wings remember how to play like the Wings, this series will be over in six, but seven wouldn't surprise me. Kill me with suspense, maybe.

That said, had we played how we played in game 4 all series, this would have been over in five, max.

Our #1 line is not playing bad ... there just facing probably the best shut down line in the NHL simple as that.

One important yet easily forgotten fact.

Also, like many have said, Dats is contributing in all kinds of way, of which producing points is pretty much the only one that isn't clicking. Look at Helm -- zero points, yet great at hitting and stirring it up on the forecheck.