• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

It's kind of funny how at ease we feel about seires-clinching games on the road. The Wings haven't won a series at home since 2002, when they won the Cup, which is totally staggering. It speaks to their coolness under pressure, though. Let's hope they can close out another one away from home tonight.

FINISH THEM!

The Ducks should be #@$%'ed, broken, and driven across the land! (Apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)

...and eliminated with extreme prejudice! (Hat tip to "Apocalypse Now")

Current Streaks

Historical Franchise

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Season Playoffs

Home: 1-game winning streak.

Playoff games vs. Anaheim

Historical Franchise

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Series Game 6

This is the 49th Series Game 6 played. The Club’s record in the previous 48 games:

28W-20L.

This is the 47th Game 6 in a best-of-seven series played. The Club’s record in the previous 46 games:

27W-19L.

This the 35th Game 6 in a best-of-seven series with home ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 34 games:

22W-12L.

Conference Semi-Final Series Game 6

This is the 6th Conference Semi-Final Game 6 played. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

3W-2L.

This is the 5th Conference Semi-Final Game 6 with home ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

3W-1L.

Game 6 vs. Anaheim

This is the 2nd Game 6 in a Series vs. Anaheim played. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-1L.

Game 6 Record, with series 3-2

This is the 26th Game 6, with the series 3-2, in a best-of-seven series: the Club’s record in the previous 25 games:

18W-7L.

This is the 19th Game 6, with the series 3-2, in a best-of-seven series with home ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 18 games:

14W-4L.

This is the 3rd Game 6, with the series 3-2, in a best-of-seven Conference Semi-Final Series. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

2W-0L.

This is the 3rd Game 6, with the series 3-2, in a best-of-seven Conference Semi-Final series with home ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

2W-0L.

Games on this Date

This is the 4th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

LGW.

5-2 Wings, Filppula finally gets a goal, then gets another one, Datsyuk gets the rest, including an empty-netter, after which the Ducks try to goon it up during handshakes, and the league looks the other way.

It's kind of funny how at ease we feel about seires-clinching games on the road. The Wings haven't won a series at home since 2002, when they won the Cup, which is totally staggering. It speaks to their coolness under pressure, though. Let's hope they can close out another one away from home tonight.

Wow, that's kind of amazing.

We like destroying people's hopes and dreams. :)

Let's Go Wings! If they play like they have been for the last couple of games, they should have no problem putting this one to bed tonight!

Finish them off and get a little well deserved rest. I don't know if my heart could take a game 7! Hope to see an awesome game out of Pav tonight!

WooWhoo, Go Wings!!!!! :siren::siren: :siren:

The added pressure of embarassment in front of your crowd i'm sure has something to do with it. The expectations in Detroit are so high it's absurd. The ducks will be feeling it tonight.

I believe the expectations are the reason we lost game 5 last year in the finals, at least for the most part. The red carpet was all but laid out.

I just hope we win tonight. I doubt the Ducks will goon it up. There's too much at stake. They've done a really good job of not taking too many stupid penalties over the last few games. If they start taking bad penalties tonight, they're done.

Edited by Firehawk

Let's go RED WINGS!

For RWNW if you are attending the game please note there's an Angels game happening at 7:05. Get there early to avoid parking traffic.

Also we're going to be at the preskate at the Wings Bench 209-210. Preskate is at 6:30 be there early!!

Let's go RED WINGS! It's time to REPRESENT!!!!!

i have a feeling the ducks will be gassed and won't bring their game tonight. i hope that's the case. in that case: 5-2 wings. if the ducks really show up, we'll still win, but it'll probably be a 3-2 2OT win that will keep me up half the night.

either way, go wings!!!

I am going to stick with my original prediction. I posted at the beginning of the series on LGW "Wings in 7".

I think the Ducks will bring desperation to tonight's game and win it. Game 7 back in your house will be a disaster though. Wings will win by three goals or more.

On a side note, I am pretty excited to see the 'Hawks advance.

Ducks actually show up for this one and force a game 7...

Ducks::::5 (teemu x2, Bobby Ryan x3)

Wings:::: 3 (Hossa, Homer and Z)

I hope you're wrong, but you've been a great visitor and and good fan of your team.