• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

Ok call me ignorant, but someone tell me...will these penalties start at the beginning of the next game or do they just disappear?

Disappear. It's just for the refs to say, "yeah we reffed it good, see all the penalties"

Yes, there is a specific 2 minute instigator penalty that also carries a 10 minute rest with it, and if called in the last 5 minutes of play, an occasional 1 game suspension. It was not called here, and that's a good thing. The reason the instigator rule and the "instigating in the last 5min" rules exist is to keep Brashear from jumping Martin St Louis when the game is decided. It should not be used to prevent little skirmishes like this one, the likes of which have been a part of the league since it began.

I agree that the instigator doesn't fit here... BUT! It'd be nice to find a reason to suspend some of these guys since you know they'll turn a cold shoulder to Niedermayer's elbow even though they shouldn't.

Oh man you got it- the Wings literally won 50% of their series last year in the first elimination game. They did so against the SexualPredators and the Avalanche. The Stars? Nope. The Pens? Apparently someone forgets the game 5 OT loss.

You missed the point of my post again.

Last year we didn't let any of the series go 7 games, even though we could have done so three times. This team showed me a lot more character and finishing instinct last year than they have done now.

So yeah, I got it.

You missed the point of my post again.

Last year we didn't let any of the series go 7 games, even though we could have done so three times. This team showed me a lot more character and finishing instinct last year than they have done now.

So yeah, I got it.

If only we had Downey. :ph34r:

Didn't get to see the game last night. How was Ozzie?

If only we had Downey. :ph34r:

Didn't get to see the game last night. How was Ozzie?

The 2nd goal wasn't his fault, but the 1st goal resulted off a penalty by Kronwall due to Ozzie playing a puck he had no business of trying to play.

So I blame that 1st goal on Osgood for putting them on the PP to begin with.