• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

Hmmm... does any of this...

NHL rulebook - (NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each ... Read Moresubsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

...apply here?

Ahhhhhhh, not sure why everyone keeps saying this should apply. It didn't happen in the final five minutes or of overtime. It happened after the game was over.

Ahhhhhhh, not sure why everyone keeps saying this should apply. It didn't happen in the final five minutes or of overtime. It happened after the game was over.

Do you honestly think that's the way the league intended that rule to work? All rules are off after the clock expires? :rolleyes:

This is how it should go...

20:00ANACorey Perry : Roughing - 2 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min------ suspension

20:00ANAScott Niedermayer : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANATodd Marchant : Game misconduct - 0 min----- suspension

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Hooking - 2 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Roughing - 2 min

20:00DETPavel Datsyuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00DETBrian Rafalski : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

Since the league has decided you can f*** the ice up and make it almost unplayable, causing a huge home advantage: why cant we have exposed steel leading from the visitors locker room to the bench, and in the bench area?

I mean, its our arena right. It would have the same effect.

Guest Shoreline
I wish the Wings would let me know which of their two teams is going to show up - the one that rolls over and loses or the one that dominates and wins - prior to the game starting. That'd save me a lot of trouble, anguish and grief.

Then there's not really any purpose of watching, is there? Don't be a wuss.

Guest micah

20:00DETBrian Rafalski : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

Exactly what should Todd Marchant be suspended for?

This isn't shocking, it's Anaheim's MO. Niedermayer is a real piece of *** considering he's throwing cheapshots like that and wears a visor.

What's worse is mid-fight he reached back and made sure his helmet (fully visor-equipped) was on tight. Pretty pathetic after he's the one that dished out that massive cheapshot.

What I wouldn't give for this to be the fuel Dats needed to break out tomorrow night.

What's worse is mid-fight he reached back and made sure his helmet (fully visor-equipped) was on tight. Pretty pathetic after he's the one that dished out that massive cheapshot.

What I wouldn't give for this to be the fuel Dats need to break out tomorrow night.

QFT. I think that this will have a big impact on several guys, most notably Raffi and Dats (and possibly Hossa). When it was happening I was thinking how stupid it was by the Ducks, they aren't going to intimidate the Wings, they risk getting suspended (I don't think that any will but it was a risk), they rub salt in the wounds of Wings players, rile up Detroit fans where they have to go play game 7, and risk firing up guys that either haven't played much this series or have not been on top of their game. Dumb move I thought, not much to gain and a lot to lose.

Edit: I thought the Ducks came off looking pathetic. Perry jumps a guy who has been out the whole series and who is 5" and almost 20 lbs lighter than he is and Niedermayer cheap shots Dats with an elbow. Pathetic

Edited by Frozen-Man

20:00DETBrian Rafalski : Fighting (maj) getting jumped after coming back from an injury- 5 min

fixed it for you- oh, wait. That's what the refs said to Bettman after the game.

You know, even if they suspend everyone on this list, we'd still come out ahead. We know we can win without Rafalski (see 3 games of this series) and Datsyuk is pretty much an even trade for Perry, Nieds, Marchant and Getzlaf.

Personally, I was proud to see Pavel ditch the helmet whilst Wiener made sure his was intact. Shows our Pasha has more balls.

fixed it for you- oh, wait. That's what the refs said to Bettman after the game.

You know, even if they suspend everyone on this list, we'd still come out ahead. We know we can win without Rafalski (see 3 games of this series) and Datsyuk is pretty much an even trade for Perry, Nieds, Marchant and Getzlaf.

Personally, I was proud to see Pavel ditch the helmet whilst Wiener made sure his was intact. Shows our Pasha has more balls.

that's awesome... because it's true.

Datsyuk equal to 4 of the ducks (3 being their top 5 MVP players).

Guest micah

I appreciated that too! Way to go, Pavel!

Guest micah
that's awesome... because it's true.

Datsyuk equal to 4 of the ducks (3 being their top 5 MVP players).

Huh? Have you seen Getz lately?

Nobody got an instigator, so nobody will be suspended. Even if someone did, the NHL would likely recind it.

By looking at the score sheet it looks like Perry was the worst in this little scrum.

Is there actually an official "instigator" penalty that would literally be written on the scoresheet? It seems to me that by giving those guys 10 minute and game misconducts that the refs were deeming them instigators by that specific rule in the last 5-minutes.

Not sure though.

Guest micah
WRONG - He "fought" last year with Gary Roberts...

WRONG

Check the boxscore.

Huh? Have you seen Getz lately?

Sure, and I've also seen that the Wings defense doesn't freak out and swarm him with 2-3 guys at once like Datsyuk must deal with every time he's on the ice. It's much easier if you only have one guy to beat.

The elbow neidermeyer threw was absolutely ridiculous. How long is the NHL going to let this bulls*** go on? None of this starts if Getzlaf doesn't start randomly throwing punches at Hossa. Christ, I want to beat this team 232-0 in game 7.

You can't tell at all from the video posted in this thread, but I watched it frame by frame on my DVR after getting home from the game last night. I hate to say it, but it appeared to me that Hossa threw the first punch. It was a bit of a sucker-punch from the side as he was skating by, BARELY noticeable (except in frame by frame) and Getzlaf saw that, and responded.

I'm not defending anyone's actions here, just making an observation...

I haven't been able to find a clip that shows it well enough to be worthy of posting, but I'll keep looking.

Guest micah
Is there actually an official "instigator" penalty that would literally be written on the scoresheet? It seems to me that by giving those guys 10 minute and game misconducts that the refs were deeming them instigators by that specific rule in the last 5-minutes.

Not sure though.

Yes, there is a specific 2 minute instigator penalty that also carries a 10 minute rest with it, and if called in the last 5 minutes of play, an occasional 1 game suspension. It was not called here, and that's a good thing. The reason the instigator rule and the "instigating in the last 5min" rules exist is to keep Brashear from jumping Martin St Louis when the game is decided. It should not be used to prevent little skirmishes like this one, the likes of which have been a part of the league since it began.

Guest micah
Sure, and I've also seen that the Wings defense doesn't freak out and swarm him with 2-3 guys at once like Datsyuk must deal with every time he's on the ice. It's much easier if you only have one guy to beat.

Yeah. Pavel has been playing better than Getzlaf this series. Totally.

The elbow neidermeyer threw was absolutely ridiculous. How long is the NHL going to let this bulls*** go on? None of this starts if Getzlaf doesn't start randomly throwing punches at Hossa. Christ, I want to beat this team 232-0 in game 7.

No kidding! :siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren: