• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

I bet all that talk about Wings in 5 against the Hawks in the WCF isn't looking all too good now is it???

I really think our perceptions were skewed after Game 5. Yes the Wings dominated the puck, but until the 3 minute mark of the 3rd the game was still very much in question. It was a closer game than the final score indicated. Writers in MI and across the nation blew that "dominance" way out of proportion. That not only influenced our perceptions as fans but also perhaps the Red Wings themselves. Perhaps that's why tonight's game has been so disappointing.

There's your silver lining--the Wings-Hawks threads are now buried, at least until Thursday night, maybe forever if we lose.

I'll admit guilt for participating, mistake on my part. Karma gave us a nice ***** slap tonight for those.

Instigator Rule

Don't see where it says "this rule shall be ignored during the playoffs" :P

Wings need to play every minute as if it's the last minute this time. Imagine the ass whipping we could hand the Ducks if the Wings played at FULL effort for 2 periods, much less the whole game.

His greatest asset was he skating speed which he's lost with age, he's nothing more than a shell of what he used to be and relies on his overrated reputation to be a serviceable defense men in this league. If Kronwall was written on the back of his jersey he'd have spent half the night in the box for interference and been booed out of the Ponda.

I just love that line. And it's right on. Thanks.

If the wings lose this series. I'm done with the NHL for the rest of this year. Will not watch a SINGLE playoff game until next season begins. To let scumbags like the ducks get away with the s*** they do is un called for and the league needs to man up.

but they won't because we all know that Bettman's too big of a ***** to make the league enforce rules on impact players.

Instigator Rule

It's crazy - so they are saying the Lady Byng winner and an injured Rafalski were willing combatants against guys twice their size?

I mean, I love 'em, but these are not guys that throw the gloves.

Argh. Whatever.

Hossa started shoving Getzy after the horn sounded, and Getzy shoved back. Then it went to s*** from there and the Ducks began pummeling the Wings.

WRONG!!

I just rewatched the ending of the game on tape--Getzlaf hits Hossa from behind, Hossa turns and Getzlaf continues to attack Hossa--Hossa DID NOT START SHOVING GETZLAF 1st!!

Instigator Rule

Wings need to play every minute as if it's the last minute this time. Imagine the ass whipping we could hand the Ducks if the Wings played at FULL effort for 2 periods, much less the whole game.

Scott Walker didn't get s***, and his gloves were the only ones off.

Perry was pummeling Rafi while Rafi just tried to protect himself. (Will not see s*** for that either) The league doesn't take action against impact players, we should all know this by now.

Edited by SoDakWing

Babcock has to outcoach that other guy. The Babcock strategy so far has been to roll the lines. Carlyle's strategy is to play his best players as often as possible. I would say that Babcock has to embrace Carlyle's strategy for game 7. Also, there are 3 guys up for the Hart. Only one of them isn't scoring - I don't care what else he is bringing. Time to double shift some guys now and again - and I'm not talking about Sammie and Kronwall.

I hate Carlyle with a passion, but I have to give it to him, he's done a masterful job with matchups--he's gotten his best defensive players on the ice against our top two lines, and it's worked beautifully in their home games. Looking forward to getting last change on Thursday.

What do I call "adjusting the visor"? Smart. What do I call knocking the other guys brain bucket off? Smarter.

Whatever you want to call it is up to you, but everyone else calls it GUTLESS. If you want to swing and don't even have the sack to remove your lid, you're a gutless turd.

lackluster effort = loss,

On the positive the Ducks didn't show much for an elimination game we just didn't finish and take advantage of the PP's. If this is how the Ducks play facing elimination I am confident we can take game 7.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your name (I miss Lillja), not so much your prediction.

I do not believe this jackhole has had anything that's very positive about the Wings. Not sure why he picked the name, eccccssshhhhualllly....

I guess every rule should have a * by it. I know they let some stuff go that they don't let go in the regular season, but there was been some dumb s*** going on that hasen't been called, in all games. I think the NHL should really look at the rulebook again this summer and get their s*** straight.

NHL RULEBOOK:

(NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 1) No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension.

Lets see if the NHL is a legit league--if this is not applied the league is a COMPLETE JOKE!!

What do I call "adjusting the visor"? Smart. What do I call knocking the other guys brain bucket off? Smarter. The whole thing started when Hossa got in Getlafs face and they started shoving each other. Dot forget all the little face washes that your guys love to do. The Wings cheat just like every one else. They are just good at hiding it.

Your team blew chunks tonight and your having a hard ime dealing with it. I understand that. I was pissed to about the last three ass-whoopings you put on us. Its also getting tiring watching my team not be able to score more than three (4 once) in a game.

And as far as the drive-bys, I am still trying to figure this site out. I still would have come by even if the Ducks lost. I dig the Wings. Great organization....but I am a Ducks fan.

Facts:

The Ducks play a game of strategic violence/hitting/after-the-whistle bulls***. Carlyle accepts it if he doesn't condone it.

They have gotten away with it for as long as I've watched hockey, which is about 12 years.

The Wings seldom start fights. They are NOT fighters and they're not good at it. But if you think they're gonna stand there and take the Ducks' goonery, then you'd probably make a really good ref.

Niedermayer has now made the list of being a cheapshot artist if he wasn't already. If he wanted to fight that he deliberately started with the elbow, WHY DIDN'T HE REMOVE HIS HELMET AND GLOVES?

One more time. If the refs had called Niedermayer on his pummeling of Holmstrom, there's a chance the Ducks' goonery would not have happened.

The refs did not maintain consistent control of the game.

And yeah, my team did not play as well as they should have but you could never pay me to be a Ducks' fan. That's how little I think of them and their "strategies".

anyone think the league will look at the elbow to datsyuk? it was totally uncalled for and out of no where. shouldnt be allowed

The Ducks do that stuff because they know they can get away with it. The league might and I say might suspend Parros if he were on the ice and gave Datsyuk a full on pile driver at center ice after the game was over. Its not even about that crap though. Ducks just do that s*** to get under the Wings skin. Wings just need to come out with some urgency and go to the net hard in the first period Thursday.

Want to know what I call adjusting the visor? *****. Scared. Lame. Afraid. That's how it looks to people outside of the duck's fan base.

Thank you. I left out that "fact" in my rebuttal. I would only add one word to your description. "Chickens***".

20:00ANACorey Perry : Roughing - 2 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

20:00ANAScott Niedermayer : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANATodd Marchant : Game misconduct - 0 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Hooking - 2 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Roughing - 2 min

20:00DETPavel Datsyuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00DETBrian Rafalski : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

I am wondering by giving Perry a Roughing Penalty instead of an Instigator if this is the cop-out for not giving him a suspension acording to the NHL RULES?

Last year the Wings won three game 6's on the road, and came out with a killer instinct for each game.

This team showed tonight how glaringly different they are from last year's team. It's lazy efforts like tonight that separate the contenders from the pretenders.

If there are any suspensions/fines I will be shocked. This league is too inconsistent with calls to do that in the playoffs. We all know that Bettman will just overlook it and say that 99.9% of the time, the zebras make the right calls. I'm eager to hear him on the NHL radio now.

I wonder what would've resulted if Ericsson, Stuart, Abdelkader, etc were on the ice instead at the last few seconds. I could easily imagine some ducks getting f***ed up.

After watching the video above, Datsyuk didn't really have a chance. Neidermayer had him in a headlock sort of and was punching him as well as having another Duck come up behind Pav. Nasty elbow though, facewash is considered normal, that was cheap imo.

Edited by TheUkrainian