• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

I honeslty believe there is nothing anyone on the ducks can do to get suspeneded, even if one of the Mcsorleyd or Bertuzzid some one. It would have to be something that would put one of them in jail. Even than I'm sure the NHL would have its lawyers on the case lol.

There must be at least one suspension going to Niedermeyer for that elbow to the face. It was clearly intentional. However, there will be no suspension for that. I do not know how long I'll be able to handle such kind of treatment from NHL:

- suspension for Roy for crossing the red line. No suspension for Kunitz on intentional hit on Varlamov;

- 5 games suspension for Brashear and no suspension for Brown

- no suspension for Walker, nothing for Perry, Getzlaf and Niedermeyer for starting fights two times after the game...

and these are just major cases. I'm not talking about officiating that is always there to ensure 7 games series.

it all started after the lockout in 2004 and still continues every time we are in the play-offs. My mind tells me to stop watching this bush league but I simply can't... I love my Red Wings too much to do that. This is exactly what allows NHL to treat die hard fans like that. They know we will always be watching and spending money no matter what. I really do not like this situation now. They are saying NHL is commercial project. Fine, I agree with that but, perhaps I need to have a better look at the NBA next season.

The elbow neidermeyer threw was absolutely ridiculous. How long is the NHL going to let this bulls*** go on? None of this starts if Getzlaf doesn't start randomly throwing punches at Hossa. Christ, I want to beat this team 232-0 in game 7.

Guest E_S_A_D

This isn't shocking, it's Anaheim's MO. Niedermayer is a real piece of *** considering he's throwing cheapshots like that and wears a visor.

The freakin ducks are getting away with murder on the ice. Its apparent that the league and officials want the Wings to lose. At this point I say bring in Downey to clean up. :hammer:

but the bottom ________ is that the Wings need to Wake up and start playing more aggressive Hockey. To many turnovers in the zone and puck control is nowhere to be seen.

Wings will win game 7!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

:nhl2: :nhl2: :nhl2: :nhl2: :nhl2:

I wish the Wings would let me know which of their two teams is going to show up - the one that rolls over and loses or the one that dominates and wins - prior to the game starting. That'd save me a lot of trouble, anguish and grief.

Edited by auxlepli

NHL RULEBOOK:

(NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 1) No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension.

Lets see if the NHL is a legit league--if this is not applied the league is a COMPLETE JOKE!!

Looked at the box score.

20:00 ANA Corey Perry : Roughing - 2 min

20:00 ANA Corey Perry : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00 ANA Corey Perry : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

because he got roughing instead of instagating i'm sure the league will not suspend him. Although he got the fighting and the misconduct 10 min.

I wish the Wings would let me know which of their two teams is going to show up - the one that rolls over and loses or the one that dominates and wins - prior to the game starting. That'd save me a lot of trouble, anguish and grief.

Think that might be a bit extreme? What kind of fan are you?

The lake across the street from my house has less water in it than the Ponda had on it's ice surface last night!

Dude, I don't use my windshield wipers as often as they had to squeegee that ice!

But this goes back to my 32 degree rule that if I ran the NHL I would have:

If you can not have ice outside you can not have team inside!

After watching that pathetic game last nite(on many levels) you'd think that the outcome was preordained

It looked like the ice plant was turned off 2 hours before game time or else a mixture of salt and sand was laid down at the last flood

Detroit played like Illitch needed another gate back in Detroit on thursday to pay Hossa for next year

this calm and cool attitude is beginning to grate a bit It reeks of a lack of passion at times really

Anaheim clubs away at Osgood and nobody will step up

Sammy and everyone else is shooting 12 mph outside shots again with no net prescence

You can't score on these michelin man goalies from far out anymore unless their equipment is changed

dirty goals are the norm now so

then we get roughed up by the winning team at the end what to improve the TV ratings for game 7?

Isn't it the losing team that sends the message at the end

it was real crap last nite on all levels

comments?

Hmmm... does any of this...

NHL rulebook - (NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each ... Read Moresubsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

...apply here?

This definitely applies and if the NHL had any modicum of professionalism in terms of officiating at least one if not two Ducks' players would be handed Game 7 suspensions. I still think it's highly unlikely the NHL has the balls to do it though...

Our only problem: We didn't play a full 60 minutes of hockey.

This may sound arrogant, but I'm not worried about game 7 at all. Last night, Anaheim played desperation hockey. We didn't even bring our game until, arguably, the third period.. and it was STILL a one goal game. Game 7 is home ice - and the Wings are hard to beat that Joe. We're the superior team. As long as we come out and play our game from minute 1 to minute 60, we're set.

Our only problem: We didn't play a full 60 minutes of hockey.

This may sound arrogant, but I'm not worried about game 7 at all. Last night, Anaheim played desperation hockey. We didn't even bring our game until, arguably, the third period.. and it was STILL a one goal game. Game 7 is home ice - and the Wings are hard to beat that Joe. We're the superior team. As long as we come out and play our game from minute 1 to minute 60, we're set.

I agree 100%. Wings win Game 7 handily.