• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Niedermayer cheap shot and brawl

Rate this topic

Sometimes the right thing to do is the painful thing to do. Good men do not just watch their friends get jumped, thinking "well, maybe the cops will get the bad guys, I'll just stay out of it". Good Captains do not watch their teams' star forwards get beat-up just because they're afraid that the other team has someone who will beat them up. Loyalty has a cost, nobody is denying that.

You are making a great argument for a goon though. If I hear you correctly, you're saying that players should not defend themselves or their teamates if there is a bigger badass on the ice than them.

This isn't a streetfight. The parallels don't exist. A fight on the street could literally be a matter of life and death. Hockey is a sport. Lidstrom joining the fray does nothing but put the guy that needs protecting the most at risk. He's 39 and the most important man on our team. As Babock has stated a couple times when talking about the trend of fights after big hits. He thinks it's silly. Unless you take a run at Nick. Then all bets are off. The days of Nick pairing off with Tinordi are long gone.

I'm not making an argument for a goon. I'm making an argument to not fight when it isn't smart to do so. Piling up enough goons to make us the toughest team in the league would do nothing but make us a weaker team. It's a pointless venture.

I never questioned his manhood. I said he is a great teammate.

I know you didn't. A solid checking line player's season has ended because he's not a coward. At least he has his priorities in order.

They mean something. A lot of people have this misconception that the Wing/Av rivalry was nonstop linebrawls. It was hard hitting intense hockey by the two most skilled teams in the league. During the '97 WCF a lopsided game had a couple fights in the 3rd period. Beyond that, nothing until Mac and one of the Codys fought last spring.

Letting them get away with it? I don't think more Wing players getting beat up is going to do anything to change that. You'd have to fundamentally alter the make up of the Red Wings to ever get to the point where they could man to man take on any team. That's just not going to happen. A fighter on the 4th line isn't going to do anything to change that.

Lets magically make Chris Neil a Red Wing for last nights game. What changes? It would still be the exact same people out on the ice at the end. If Neil hops off the bench that's 10 games. You think Getzlaf, Perry, or Niedermayer would fight Neil in game 7 to make up for it? You think that scenario would even cross their minds to make them hesitant to punch up the Wings' skill guys? Absolutely not.

Wishing that the skill guys would do more to "stand up for themselves" is just dumb. It's pretty much wishing for injuries.

Stop misdirecting. Nobody is talking about misconceptions. I'm talking about McCarty dragging a turtle to the boards and pummeling him. I'm talking about Igor Larionov starting s*** with Forsberg. I'm talking about Brendan Shanahah tackling Patric Roy at center ice. I'm talking about Vernon beating the piss out of Roy in front of a home crowd.

These are the ugly things you have to do from time to time in order to win the Stanley Cup. The Ducks have called out the Wings in a big way. Did you really expect to breeze through the playoffs year after year all squeaky clean and smiling?

Guest micah
How many times did he do that? Right. Besides, he stood there and did nothing until the other guy pounded him.

Yzerman is a very small person, there is no way he would have fight Pronger or some other 6'6" mofo.

Same goes for Sakic, Kelly, Gretzky etc etc

Fighting is incredibly overrated by some of the NA fans. I think the whole country is kinda weird in this thing..you want fighting, guns and other useless crap and on top of that you consider it tough. :lol:

God bless America indeed.

According to Steve Yzerman, he didn't stand there and do nothing, he picked the fight. He was throwing punches. He was losing, but he was in it.

Fighting isn't useless, it's fun.

What's your beef with guns? Seems to me they would have been handy when the Germans marched through your neck of the woods....then the Soviets. I wonder who'll walk over you next? Maybe getting pushed around all the time creates a culture of acceptance. Maybe this is why battered women often seek out new boyfriends or husbands who will kick them around, just like all the other men in their life have? I don't blame you. I'm sorry that all you've ever known is the feeling of being beaten and losing...but man, lemme tell you - Fighting back and losing feels good. Fighting back and winning feels very, VERY good. Give success a try sometime.

I have to stop looking at Ducks Forums otherwise I might shoot myself for how dumb some of them are. All the stupid comments on how Perry whooped on Raffi and Neids on Datsyuk. Id like to see what they say if Ericcson fought Perry again and murders his *** little ass.The Ducks are a joke and Neids should be suspeneded but there is no way in hell he will. Let the Ducks fans have their goons while we WILL win game 7 in classy fashion.

Manhandled? Are you kidding? One elbow and a little scrum.

I had to go watch the video again. A little scrum? Are YOU kidding? Corey Perry singled out Brian Rafalski, a guy we've all been waiting to see back in the lineup after an injury, and drags him across the ice, pummeling him like a rag doll. That's a little scrum to you? Wow.

Edited by Broken 16

Fighting isn't useless, it's fun.

Fun? Oh yeah, two guys fighting is not fun for me, I'd prefer a girl fight :)

What's your beef with guns? Seems to me they would have been handy when the Germans marched through your neck of the woods....then the Soviets. I wonder who'll walk over you next? Maybe getting pushed around all the time creates a culture of acceptance. Maybe this is why battered women often seek out new boyfriends or husbands who will kick them around, just like all the other men in their life have? I don't blame you. I'm sorry that all you've ever known is the feeling of being beaten and losing...but man, lemme tell you - Fighting back and losing feels good. Fighting back and winning feels very, VERY good. Give success a try sometime.

No beef.

This post you made just showed you have some complex, I wish you good luck resloving it.

And you are not good at history. I am not surprised :)

Stop misdirecting. Nobody is talking about misconceptions. I'm talking about McCarty dragging a turtle to the boards and pummeling him. I'm talking about Igor Larionov starting s*** with Forsberg. I'm talking about Brendan Shanahah tackling Patric Roy at center ice. I'm talking about Vernon beating the piss out of Roy in front of a home crowd.

These are the ugly things you have to do from time to time in order to win the Stanley Cup. The Ducks have called out the Wings in a big way. Did you really expect to breeze through the playoffs year after year all squeaky clean and smiling?

Misdirecting? The Wings don't have to beat up the Ducks to win the Cup. They have to score more goals. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else.

It wasn't the fights of the March 26th game that were important. It was the goals. If we don't win that game we get swept in the season series. We touched Roy for 6 and won. Mac's OT winner was infinitely more imporant than his pummeling of Claude. But it all gets clouded up in sentimentality.

I am appalled at by Neiderhosen's viscious elbow on Datsyuk, totally gutless. (By Wizzer's standards) Here is the major difference between Holmstrom's Elbow and Neiderpenis' elbow. We may never know if Homer's elbow was intentional or not, he says it wasn't, if it was he disguised it very well. BUT the difference is, Wizzer is that type of player, he gives and takes those kinds of plays, sure Homer shouldn't have done it, but Wizzer does it too. Datsyuk IS NOT THAT TYPE OF PLAYER and that is why Neiderblowjobber is gutless. The entire team is, they always pull that s*** ONLY when the ice is full of European players (minus Raffi.) They would NEVER pull that s*** if the line of Helm, Cleary, Abdelkader, Ericsson and Stuart were out there, not that that line is a ferosious tough guy line, but they would do ALOT more than just grab on and punch with their gloves on. Kudos to Datsyuk for sticking up for himself, but I have a very hard time beleiving that Neiderhomosexual would have thrown that elbow if that were Abdelkader or Ericsson hanging on to him. That is why he is gutless. I would like to see what the cluck fans are saying about it on their forum.

I hope the "Wings" show up in game 7, because they didn't in game 6. The best revenge is to knock them out of the playoffs, even if you retaliate on Neidercocksucken and the clucks win, who laughs last?

Of course there's always the "Bounty." I am a huge fan of this when a player from another team uses his elbows, stick, knee to knee or anything else in an purpose manner with intent to injure like NeiderifIseeyouI willgutyou did. Send someone out there to do nothing but feed the louisville to his face. Intent to injure with Malice! Someone who will get suspended, fined, whatever. Even if the team gets fined and the coach, who cares. Now that is revenge. And that is why I wouldn't last in the NHL, but hey, it all goes back to what in the hell are you thinking elbowing Datsyuk like that? HE is no threat physically to you, he obviously isn't scoring anything, you won the game, skate off the ice. If he were hacking and whacking at you, then ok, what was he doing? Holding on to you, thats it. Did he deserve the elbow because he almost tied the game at the last second? Scott Neiderf***face is the epitome of GUTLESS.

Edited by LeftWinger

Ever heard of camaraderie?

Kinda builds within a team when they all stick up for 1 another, and not looking out for yourself by backing down when a teammate is in need.

There's a lot more hugging and hootin' and hollerin' when they score goals. They should give that a try in game 7.

I think winning the Cup together might form a bit of a bond as well. That thing is won between the whistles. Not after.

Guest micah
It wasn't the fights of the March 26th game that were important. It was the goals. If we don't win that game we get swept in the season series. We touched Roy for 6 and won. Mac's OT winner was infinitely more imporant than his pummeling of Claude. But it all gets clouded up in sentimentality.

The Wings involved disagree with you....but you probably know way more about it than them.

713e4m.gif

Holmstrom's elbow was in the middle of play, and he deserved two minutes for it (but so did Wiz deserve 2 for the crosscheck beforehand).

Neidermayer is throwing this crap at the end of the game, after the whistle.

It is absolutely suspendable under the current rules.

Will it be? Of course not.

And I agree that that should not deserve a suspension, but then change the rules and quit being so damn inconsistent.

The Wings involved disagree with you....but you probably know way more about it than them.

A lot of them are getting up there in years. The mind starts to play tricks.

It wasn't beating Lemieux that was the hump. It was beating Roy.

Guest micah
It is absolutely suspendable under the current rules.

Will it be? Of course not.

And I agree that that should not deserve a suspension, but then change the rules and quit being so damn inconsistent.

I agree with this.

The way the folks who decide these things say they're gonna rule the league - this should be a suspension.

It won't be, because he is Scott Niedermeier not Donald Brashear - and that sucks.

And I agree that a little elbow like this is not worthy of a suspension. This is how greats like Gordie played the game. If players don't like it, let them polive themselves.

Pavs might learn from this. If you're touching another man after the final whistle blows, expect to get something in return.

Yet it was the fights that built the camaraderie within the team, & they won the game from the emotion built-up from the scraps that took place throughout the game.

Saying that standing up for a teammate in the heat of a battle has little to no effect on a teams psyche (or that it is a waste of energy) isn't fully aware of the positive effects it can have.

It isn't all positive. Lilly getting his brain scrambled and Kop getting his face cracked aren't really a rah rah building points.

Guest micah

What, you don't have the Hockeytown DVD set? They weren't all that old in those interviews...

It wasn't beating Lemieux that was the hump. It was beating Roy.

Are you implying that, somehow, your recollection of that event is better than theirs? You need to stop now. Seriously.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest micah
It isn't all positive. Lilly getting his brain scrambled and Kop getting his face cracked aren't really a rah rah building points.

Well, then someone should have remembered to tell Kopy and Lils to win ;)

Are you implying that, somehow, your recollection of that event is better than theirs? You need to stop now. Seriously.

If any of the Wings then or now felt that Mac beating Claude was more important than Mac beating Roy? Yes, I'm not only implying that I'm flat out stating it.

Scoring goals is great fun - that is when you can score them...Something we had trouble with last night

Choosing to be a bystander, and not coming to the aid of a vulnerable teammate will not do well for any team cohesiveness.

And I think it's more important that the Wings figure out the scoring goals part than the fighting part. Pretty simple concept.

I highly doubt any Wing has even an ounce of doubt regarding Lidstrom's dedication to the team.

Well, then someone should have remembered to tell Kopy and Lils to win ;)

Or at the very least told Kop that Beauchemin was a lefty. Lilly was off balance and got caught with the first one and that was all she wrote.

Have fun. I'm off to bed...