• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Niedermayer cheap shot and brawl

Rate this topic

It wasn't the topic, it was the "evidence." I think Roy's performance was the furthest thing you could have used to prove the brawl had significance in the game. And then you said that my opinion was meaningless. Unnecessary attack for a very miniscule disagreement. And I'm going to take offense when you attack my character when I didn't even attack you in the least.

Also, the Wings know how to handle a team trying to "goon" them into submission. Remember game 5 of the 07 playoffs against Calgary? And the post-game fighting in game 3 this year?

Despite how Roy played... who scored the winning goal? Divine intervention? Fate? Karma? Not everything can be proven on a stat sheet and nobody knows exactly what was going through Roys head. Including me. Pretty coincidental though, wouldn't you say? Who got the assists? Larionov, who you might say created the perfect diversion by going after Forsberg and Brendan Shanahan... who just happens to be the one that tackled him at center ice.

It's real easy to look at a stat sheet and say "Well, this happened and this happened because this happened". It's a whole different deal inside the players heads.

As far as the track record of the Wings in terms of physicality. Yes, they can be gritty. Yes, they are physical and hit. But aside from Ericsson, I can't remember the last time the Wings won a fight. Franzen. The Mule, got clocked and got a concussion. Same for Kopecky. It's a little scary. I don't want to see anybody else get hurt.

The reason Broken 16 made the topic was because of his insecurity in this topic. Just to clarify. Pretty much every thread goes OT so I'm kinda getting used to it now.

I was just saying. Sorry. I guess I was wrong. I guess because the other thread was made because of insecurity that means it's more appropriate to discuss it here.

Despite how Roy played... who scored the winning goal? Divine intervention? Fate? Karma? Not everything can be proven on a stat sheet and nobody knows exactly what was going through Roys head. Including me. Pretty coincidental though, wouldn't you say? Who got the assists? Larionov, who you might say created the perfect diversion by going after Forsberg and Brendan Shanahan... who just happens to be the one that tackled him at center ice.

It's real easy to look at a stat sheet and say "Well, this happened and this happened because this happened". It's a whole different deal inside the players heads.

As far as the track record of the Wings in terms of physicality. Yes, they can be gritty. Yes, they are physical and hit. But aside from Ericsson, I can't remember the last time the Wings won a fight. Franzen. The Mule, got clocked and got a concussion. Same for Kopecky. It's a little scary. I don't want to see anybody else get hurt.

You are disagreeing with a position I don't have. I agree that the fight had significance, and I think that was much more noticable in the Wings players than it was in Roy.

And I can understand your concern for the Wings players. It isn't fun to watch out own players get hurt like that.

Yah that looks pretty bad. Not expected from scotty nieds.

not expected? it's been obvious to almost everyone that this idiot has no respect not only to hockey fans but also to fellow players since he thought he need a vacation.

You are disagreeing with a position I don't have. I agree that the fight had significance, and I think that was much more noticable in the Wings players than it was in Roy.

And I can understand your concern for the Wings players. It isn't fun to watch out own players get hurt like that.

I'm responding to you because you decided to jump in and speak for Shoreline.

:huh:

No I didn't. I agreed with your assertion that the Detroit/Colorado brawl was significant. Shoreline disagrees if I'm not mistaken.

Guest Shoreline

LOL. No he didn't. He sort of agreed with you. He just said that you could have went after me for something else to make a better point, and he was right. As I said, insecurity. That sort of defensiveness is part of this obvious insecurity you have about your opinion as well. Relax, champ.

I was just saying. Sorry. I guess I was wrong. I guess because the other thread was made because of insecurity that means it's more appropriate to discuss it here.

You can lock the other if you want.

LOL. No he didn't. He sort of agreed with you. He just said that you could have went after me for something else to make a better point, and he was right. As I said, insecurity. That sort of defensiveness is part of this obvious insecurity you have about your opinion as well. Relax, champ.

You can lock the other if you want.

I'm totally relaxed. You're the one that keeps saying "insecurity" like you have tourettes or something. As far as making a better point, Darren McCarty scored an overtime goal against Patrick Roy that was assisted by Igor Larionov and Brendan Shanahah. Do the intangiables show up on the stat sheet? No. Doesn't mean Roy wasn't affected in some way.

That is in no way dumb. I am on about 5 boards, 2 of which are just general hockey boards. letsgowings.com is the only one who thought Homer's elbow was accidental. Biased? of course.

So, according to your theory, EVERYONE should get away with elbowing people, right? I mean, Homer got away with it, so Niedermayer should also. Therefore, Franzen, Pronger, Getzlaf, Ericsson and whoever else should be able to elbow whoever they want because Holmstrom didn't get suspended. According to your logic, since OJ got away with murder, everyone else should too. That logic is flawed and childish. If I get a ticket for going 80 on the freeway (recently happened :)) I can't argue that a different person got away with it so I should get away with it. It doesn't work that way and you know it.

This is my last response to a troll. Go away, you have to do your homework for tomorrow.

Guest Shoreline
I'm totally relaxed. You're the one that keeps saying "insecurity" like you have tourettes or something. As far as making a better point, Darren McCarty scored an overtime goal against Patrick Roy that was assisted by Igor Larionov and Brendan Shanahah. Do the intangiables show up on the stat sheet? No. Doesn't mean Roy wasn't affected in some way.

Do you even know what Tourette's is? I'm not swearing or using any derogatory terms out of nowhere. Strange how you never actually addressed the reason for said insecurity.

I agree with you that intangibles do not show up on the score sheet. In fact, I'm usually arguing against those who excessively look at stats, but this fight was not even necessary, and furthermore did not help the team win the game. Mac very well could have been thrown out of the game and obviously if he were gone he wouldn't have scored the OT goal. Do the Wings still win without him? Possibly. However, at very least, that 6th goal is wiped out, and who knows what happens. The only thing that brawl was, was a feel good occurrence for both fans and those on the team who wanted retribution against Lemieux.

Do you even know what Tourette's is? I'm not swearing or using any derogatory terms out of nowhere. Strange how you never actually addressed the reason for said insecurity.

I agree with you that intangibles do not show up on the score sheet. In fact, I'm usually arguing against those who excessively look at stats, but this fight was not even necessary, and furthermore did not help the team win the game. Mac very well could have been thrown out of the game and obviously if he were gone he wouldn't have scored the OT goal. Do the Wings still win without him? Possibly. However, at very least, that 6th goal is wiped out, and who knows what happens. The only thing that brawl was, was a feel good occurrence for both fans and those on the team who wanted retribution against Lemieux.

Huh?

The version of Tourette Syndrome you've described only constitutes a small minority of the cases (somewhere around 1 in 10). Shouting obscene words, known as Coprolalia, is something the majority of Tourette Syndrome sufferers doesn't have to worry about. The vast majority of symptoms are verbal and physical tics (coughs, throat clearing, mouth clicks, shrugs, blinking, snapping of the fingers, tapping of the foot... etc).

Do YOU know what Tourette's is? It's not only like it is in the movies. There are many degrees.

There is no insecurity to address... except maybe your own. I don't know. The main reason I made the poll was because I wanted to get an idea of how many 'New NHL' fans were on this site. Thankfully, not as many as I thought. I also did it to remind people that they should be angry about what happened the other night. There seemed to be too much "Oh well, no big deal". I was wrong, thankfully again. It seems to be isolated to only a couple of the more vocal people.

20 pages of this and all because Datsyuk fights like a baby sucking on its mother's breast.

You guys need to come off this. Yeah, someone actually tried to exploit the Wings for being a soft team that doesn't fight. Big surprise.

Like I've said before, we're lucky we didn't play anyone last year in the playoffs who would have tried the same stuff consistently.

Huh?

The version of Tourette Syndrome you've described only constitutes a small minority of the cases (somewhere around 1 in 10). Shouting obscene words, known as Coprolalia, is something the majority of Tourette Syndrome sufferers doesn't have to worry about. The vast majority of symptoms are verbal and physical tics (coughs, throat clearing, mouth clicks, shrugs, blinking, snapping of the fingers, tapping of the foot... etc).

I thought it was a condition where the body sends shocks to itself, causing the person to twitch and experience physical tremors at random times.

Must be wrong.

20 pages of this and all because Datsyuk fights like a baby sucking on its mother's breast.

You guys need to come off this. Yeah, someone actually tried to exploit the Wings for being a soft team that doesn't fight. Big surprise.

Like I've said before, we're lucky we didn't play anyone last year in the playoffs who would have tried the same stuff consistently.

Detroit's first line has never had a bunch of tough guys. I don't know what the f*** you are trying to prove with the "soft" argument when the fight in question occured with Detroit's first/second line out on the ice.

Detroit's first line has never had a bunch of tough guys. I don't know what the f*** you are trying to prove with the "soft" argument when the fight in question occured with Detroit's first/second line out on the ice.

Anaheim also had their 1st line on the ice and we still got exploited physically. Hell, their 1st line can beat up our 4th line if they felt like it.

I don't know what the f*** you and everyone else are whining about with this 20 page thread just because someone decided to fight our skilled players.

Welcome to hockey, where they actually fight.

Teams know what the Wings weakness is and they're going to exploit it. Some of you guys need to get over that. Niedermayer's elbow wasn't even close to being something that should be suspendable and we've all seen a million worse things that went by without suspension

Stop your whining.

Yeah, that scrum at the end of the game certainly helped the Ducks win. There's zero chance the Wings will feel goaded into fighting harder and take that beating as a catalyst for a stronger team identity. :rolleyes:

I have a real hard time seeing that scrum at the end of game 6 improving the Ducks' chance of winning this series.

Guest Shoreline
Yeah, that scrum at the end of the game certainly helped the Ducks win. There's zero chance the Wings will feel goaded into fighting harder and take that beating as a catalyst for a stronger team identity. :rolleyes:

I have a real hard time seeing that scrum at the end of game 6 improving the Ducks' chance of winning this series.

You know s*** about hockey. There's not 3 periods in a game. It's three rounds, then if someone isn't KO'd, then there's a decision made by Toronto. Wings stand no chance in Game 7.

Edited by Shoreline

Anaheim also had their 1st line on the ice and we still got exploited physically. Hell, their 1st line can beat up our 4th line if they felt like it.

I don't know what the f*** you and everyone else are whining about with this 20 page thread just because someone decided to fight our skilled players.

Welcome to hockey, where they actually fight.

Teams know what the Wings weakness is and they're going to exploit it. Some of you guys need to get over that. Niedermayer's elbow wasn't even close to being something that should be suspendable and we've all seen a million worse things that went by without suspension

Stop your whining.

Yes, their first line has tough guys. That won't be helped in any way, and our top guys can play their own game fine despite the "tougher" line trying to play them off of it. If they play their own game they win, and I am confident in them doing that considering they did so in game 4 after the confrontation they had with the same players.

Neid's elbow isn't "hockey" like, the thread wasn't simply because there was a fight at the end, and though it wasn't worthy of a suspension it was a cheap move. And when it comes after the game to our stars it is going to be talked about at length.

I never said it did.

I'm just saying that people are overreacting over something the Wings will consistently have to deal with as long as their team has this kind of roster.

The Ducks did exacty what their team does best. Goon it up.

I never said it did.

I'm just saying that people are overreacting over something the Wings will consistently have to deal with as long as their team has this kind of roster.

The Ducks did exacty what their team does best. Goon it up.

On this point I can agree with you.

Kind of like Homer targeted Wiz and gave him a cheap elbow while he was injured. But oooo wait everyone on this board thinks it was "accidental", while everyone on everyother hockey board (ducks or non ducks) thinks it was intentional.

There's no doubt in my mind that Homer meant to elbow Wiz.. but you all seem to think he knew that Wiz was injured. There's no way Homer would've been able to know Wiz was hurt - none. He wasn't bleeding from the elbow Homer gave him.. he was bleeding because of his lung contusion.. he was coughing up blood.

So before you get up on your high horse talking about ZOMG, HOMER ELBOWED WIZ WHEN HE WAS ALREADY INJURED, you should probably understand that the probability of Homer knowing Wiz was injured is slim to none.