• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Hand Shake Moment

Rate this topic

I was wondering if anyone had a video or a picture of the Ducks faces. Did you guys see Hiller he was about to cry. Pricless ... if anyone has any pictures of Hiller's face or any other Ducks face please post them. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

I preferred the Rafalski-Perry handshake. Rafalski, with both black eyes and scabs on his face, was having some trouble keeping his face straight. Perry just seemed to want to get it over with.

I preferred the Rafalski-Perry handshake. Rafalski, with both black eyes and scabs on his face, was having some trouble keeping his face straight. Perry just seemed to want to get it over with.

Damn I didn't catch that one lool.

Did you guys see Hiller he was about to cry. Pricless ...

I had to admit, as much as I despise the Ducks, I did feel a little bad for Hiller. If it weren't for him, the Ducks would have been out in four. The man was a freakin' wall, and played an unbelievable series. He certainly has nothing to be ashamed about.

I can see where he'd be upset. After stunning play, the Ducks lose to - what at the time to Hiller at least - seemed like a bad call. I'm sure he still feels a litle bit that way, even after watching the tapes. That call could have gone either way - had the ref blew his whistle early like in game 3. Otherwise, it was most definitely a goal, but a hard one for Hiller to swallow.

I had to admit, as much as I despise the Ducks, I did feel a little bad for Hiller. If it weren't for him, the Ducks would have been out in four. The man was a freakin' wall, and played an unbelievable series. He certainly has nothing to be ashamed about.

I disagree. The wings made him look at lot better than he is. Osgood was more impressive than Hiller. Talking quality, not quantity.

I was wondering if anyone had a video or a picture of the Ducks faces. Did you guys see Hiller he was about to cry. Pricless ... if anyone has any pictures of Hiller's face or any other Ducks face please post them. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

Not really priceless.

You've never cried when you've gotten emotional?

I've seen grown men cry after losing a big sporting event up close before. They want to win. They are going to play their hardest to win, and when they don't, it hurts a little bit. Right after it happens, it is the worst feeling in the world and you're going to let your emotions out.

I don't blame Hiller and don't think he's any less of a man or person for crying, or that he's a wimp or anything. He played his rear end out giving the Ducks a chance to win the series, came damned close to pulling it off, only to come up short near the end of the final game. That'd hurt me a bit as well if it happened to me, as much as I dislike some of the Duck players. Hiller isn't one of them though.

People cry and they get emotional sometimes. Nothing really new.

I disagree. The wings made him look at lot better than he is. Osgood was more impressive than Hiller. Talking quality, not quantity.

Well, the Wings do specialize in bread-basket shots!

Even with those, however, Hiller still had a great series. If he can keep up that level of play, he'll have a great career ahead of him.

Not really priceless.

You've never cried when you've gotten emotional?

I've seen grown men cry after losing a big sporting event up close before. They want to win. They are going to play their hardest to win, and when they don't, it hurts a little bit. Right after it happens, it is the worst feeling in the world and you're going to let your emotions out.

I don't blame Hiller and don't think he's any less of a man or person for crying, or that he's a wimp or anything. He played his rear end out giving the Ducks a chance to win the series, came damned close to pulling it off, only to come up short near the end of the final game. That'd hurt me a bit as well if it happened to me, as much as I dislike some of the Duck players. Hiller isn't one of them though.

People cry and they get emotional sometimes. Nothing really new.

For some reason, I feel like this post needs a soft piano music accompaniment. ;o)

Well, the Wings do specialize in bread-basket shots!

Even with those, however, Hiller still had a great series. If he can keep up that level of play, he'll have a great career ahead of him.

The Ducks D was really strong in front of Hiller, and on some games the wings played bad and made poor shots.

But that OT victory proved that Hiller was really solid in moneytime.

He has an incredible glove and can block shots through screening. Very promising goaltender. Taking Giguere's spot means something too.

And the last goal is 100% Pronger's fault, not Hiller

I was looking for the Salani,- Fillipula hand shake to see if he had any wise words for Fil as he moves ahead to the next round.

C'mon- Selane's old, but he's not old enough to give advice about how to deal with Chicago in the playoffs.

Seriously, they just gave each other a hand-shake and moved on.

I was looking for the Salani,- Fillipula hand shake to see if he had any wise words for Fil as he moves ahead to the next round.

Not to be a ****** bag, but what kind of advice could Selanne give flip? Flip has already won 1 stanley cup (a feat that took Selanne years and like 4 trades to finally accomplish, not that it takes anything away from him) But Flip did it just last year and was a pretty big roleplayer during it. I think some people make to big a deal out of this whole Finnish thing. Yeah they are both fins, and are both big names back home, but every meeting between them doesnt have to be a spiritual outing haha. I think i remember them just shaking hands and moving on to the next guy. Im sure they have talked to often that their isnt much left to say to one another haha. From what ive heard, they have known eachother and been pretty good friends since Flip was 15 when he was considered the next "Selanne" back in Finland.

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

Props to Getzlaf for giving a small hug with the hand shakes.

To be fair, i think he was patting everyone down for their wallets...realllllll classy...lol. No, i have to admit, he was a pain in the ass this series, but you cant really hate hte guy (when hes not playing the wings of course)

I felt really bad for Hiller, he played some extraordinary hockey for his team. He was far better for his team than Giguere ever was, IMO. Last goal was all on Pronger, as it should be - Hiller's team let him down.

Anaheim has nothing to complain about. They got away with absolute highway robbery to win at least one of the games. Disallowed goals, especially when they decide the game, make my blood boil. The Ucks "lost by one goal," as the announcer said, but it was a legal goal. The Wings don't win by cheating and gooning, so this victory looked a bit unfamiliar to some in Anaheim, I guess.

They can think about it all summer and try to figure out how real champions win a series.

I loved the fact that Pronger wouldn't look at Nick Lidstrom. :lol: That's his loss, I say.

Edited by puckloo39

I had to admit, as much as I despise the Ducks, I did feel a little bad for Hiller.

. . .

I can see where he'd be upset. After stunning play, the Ducks lose to - what at the time to Hiller at least - seemed like a bad call. I'm sure he still feels a litle bit that way, even after watching the tapes. That call could have gone either way - had the ref blew his whistle early like in game 3. Otherwise, it was most definitely a goal, but a hard one for Hiller to swallow.

I don't feel bad for him and I don't think he has any right to be upset about the last goal. He might could complain (even though there is no doubt it was a legit goal) except for what he said after the obviously blown call / early whistle in game 3. If you come out and say "You're always going to get good calls or bad calls against you. But I always say to be lucky you have to fight for it and tonight we fought for 60 minutes. That's why we deserve to be lucky at the end." If that is what he believes then he has absolutely no right to gripe/be upset about the call. The Wings thoroughly outplayed the ducks in the last game and throughout the series as a whole so even if it was a bad call (which it wasn't) the Wings deserved to be lucky in the end.

You know, generally I feel sympathy and respect for the team that lost, and it's always sad to see them so upset about their loss, knowing that they lost everything.

But in this case, being the Ducks, I hope they never make playoffs again, or experience heartbreak every time they do.

Hell, I even felt bad for Crosby last year. But this time? Nothing. Have fun golfing you goons.

I don't feel bad for him and I don't think he has any right to be upset about the last goal. He might could complain (even though there is no doubt it was a legit goal) except for what he said after the obviously blown call / early whistle in game 3. If you come out and say "You're always going to get good calls or bad calls against you. But I always say to be lucky you have to fight for it and tonight we fought for 60 minutes. That's why we deserve to be lucky at the end." If that is what he believes then he has absolutely no right to gripe/be upset about the call. The Wings thoroughly outplayed the ducks in the last game and throughout the series as a whole so even if it was a bad call (which it wasn't) the Wings deserved to be lucky in the end.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Paybacks are a *****, ain't they.