• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 5: Blackhawks 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

At least we wont have to hear that stupid ******* goal song again. Well Chicago, we ruined your Winter Classic and beat you in the WCF. You can keep those 2 regular season wins at the end there. Put them in your back pocket.....no the other pocket without the golf gloves.

We took their lunch money pretty good this year, eh? Ruined their once-in-a-lifetime event by winning the game, then eliminating their Cinderella team from the playoffs. I almost feel bad. Almost.

For being as shorthanded as they were, they were by far the better team, and, as occasionally happens, had monumental trouble finishing. But they found a way. 6-1, 2-1OT, they all equal one W.

Helm is obviously the man and had a shift for the ages and I love him. Huet should definitely receive full marks for the game and the last minute Franzen stop, and even though the Kane goal was brutal, Ozzie kept the Wings in it time and time again. No PPGs either!

Pretty proud of this team right now. If Nick and Pavel get healthy (in two f***in' days, awesome), I'm not worried about rest of anything like that for the Finals.

I deserve that. I'm sorry. I was just mad. It was very insensitive of me. I didn't mean it...

So um... How about the bigger picture of your avatar?

Nope...I accept all apologies....as I realize that everyone was frustrated! But no larger pic.....with all you photo shoppers on here I could just see it now.............. payback for what I said. The one that is up is fine.......lol!

Can't WAIT for GAME 1...Saturday afternoon will be great here...my babe works with tons of Pens fans.....oh yes....will they go down!!!

KUDOS to all players tonight! What a hell of a game!

WINGS to win the CUP!

From the AP Recap:

Detroit sent the puck behind Huet, Tomas Holmstrom got it across the crease after the carom and, after fanning with a shot attempt from the edge of the crease, Helm was credited with the series-clinching goal after it went in off his skate.

Did they even watch the goal or maybe even a replay?

I don't know if I'll ever get over that. How stupid can the NHL be? I really want to punch whoever is responsible for that in the face.

Conan O'Brien is responsible. NBC doesn't want the games to interfere with the 11:30 start of his first week. unbelievable.

But I figure both teams have to play back to back, and no one has more depth than us as was proven tonight. As long as Lidstrom and datsyuk are back, we'll be fine...and heck, they'll be well rested!

Bettman doesn't want the SCF going up against a possible Kobe-LeBron match up in the NBA Finals. It's smart marketing, but stupid logistically. You want to make sure as many people as possible watch YOUR product. So you push it up so that it's not competing with anything. If the Finals started on the 5th, they'd be losing advertising bucks to the NBA.

I don't agree with what Bettman is doing here, it will be physically exhausting for both teams.....more so for us I think, since the Pens have an extra day off. That being said, the Wings have to be better than the schedule. We can't use it as an excuse for losing or not playing to our potential.

Bettman doesn't have anything to do with it. it's all about NBC and Conan Obrien's debut w/ the tonight show next week. That's it. the ******* Tonight Show is dictating the schedule of the stanley cup finals.

I guess you could say it is Bettman's fault to some extent since he's responsible for the tv deal...god that needs to be reworked BADLY.

Haha I knowww. I need DVR.

If you're still around, I made a new thread about this in General Discussion, it has all the info on rewatching the HNIC stream.

I don't care how many times I see this it never fails to crack me up.

This is pretty creepy and gross... but it looks like Crosby just got done returning the favor that he usually get courtesy of all the VS. announcers and took it in the face. Ewwwww....

I'm in complete and utter awe by this team and what I've seen the past two games. If ever there was an excuse to fold due to the injury situation and the mindset after Game 3's loss, this would've been it. What did the remaining players do in Game 4 without Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Draper and Lilja......they destroyed the Blackhawks on their home ice. Game 5 rolls around once again with no Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Draper and Lilja, but now they have to deal with a freak appy scope to Ericsson putting the Wings at 50% of what their blueline should've been this postseason. The way Lebda and Chelios stepped up last night was flat-out amazing. No Draper to win face-offs, no problem... the Wings won 55% of them and Toews won 29% on the game! The way Helm took control of this game, not during OT, but on that penalty kill was one of the best moments of this run thus far. The way Ozzie controlled this game, when he knew he'd have to minus a good chunk of the big-guns is awe-inspiring. A 1.00 GAA the past two games, minus 50% of the defense....simply amazing.

What this team accomplished the past two games is nothing short of incredible. If they can be this effective playing without 25% of their starters imagine what they could do in the finals with all of them back. E will be back and just imagine what they'll be able to do if Lids, Dats and Drapes are able to suit up and be healthy enough.

:clap: To you Red Wings.

I'm in complete and utter awe by this team and what I've seen the past two games. If ever there was an excuse to fold due to the injury situation and the mindset after Game 3's loss, this would've been it. What did the remaining players do in Game 4 without Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Draper and Lilja......they destroyed the Blackhawks on their home ice. Game 5 rolls around once again with no Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Draper and Lilja, but now they have to deal with a freak appy scope to Ericsson putting the Wings at 50% of what their blueline should've been this postseason. The way Lebda and Chelios stepped up last night was flat-out amazing. No Draper to win face-offs, no problem... the Wings won 55% of them and Toews won 29% on the game! The way Helm took control of this game, not during OT, but on that penalty kill was one of the best moments of this run thus far. The way Ozzie controlled this game, when he knew he'd have to minus a good chunk of the big-guns is awe-inspiring. A 1.00 GAA the past two games, minus 50% of the defense....simply amazing.

What this team accomplished the past two games is nothing short of incredible. If they can be this effective playing without 25% of their starters imagine what they could do in the finals with all of them back. E will be back and just imagine what they'll be able to do if Lids, Dats and Drapes are able to suit up and be healthy enough.

Great post :thumbup:

Here's to hoping there will be no reason to IMAGINE in the SCF.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Great game. Was so impressed with everyone out there.. Missing some real big players on our side for the 2nd straight game and E goes down with a freaky injury, we came to play.. Ozzie :thumbup::thumbup: I think the critics need to shut up now about Ozzie's play.. Lebda stepped up huge, he played very well.. That pk by Helm wow that's about as good as it gets.. Helm sir, you are a beauty... I just can't say enough positive things about these Red Wings..

We were there!! And I so want to read this whole thread but I'm still wiped from the experience. Everything you say here is right on and now that I know some of the stats it just makes the whole experience that much more meaningful. I was so proud of the team for not backing down when they had every excuse to do so. Ozzie was brilliant, positionally and any way else you can think of. Calm and focused. Chelios had an excellent game. You shoulda seen him barreling up the ice to get the icing!! Oh, you did?! ^_^ And indeed, Lebda probably had one of his best games. Helm never ever let up. Hossa was everywhere and had some great shot attempts and almost-assists. Zetts had a couple of iffy passes but other than that....

And the opening extravaganza was absolutely mind-blowing. I swear I can still feel the sound vibrating through my bod. The fire jets! The laser show! The kids skating on the ice with the flags!! Wowza!! Broadway's got nuthin' on whoever put that all together.

Because of their grit, their talent, their stamina, their perspective, their sense of team and purpose, they. are.the.best.athletic.team.out.there.bar.none. They are a phenomenon for the ages. At least the athletic ages.

The Pens have two stars. The Wings are a TEAM.