• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 5: Blackhawks 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

It's games like this you realize the AWESOME depth this franchise has.

No Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Draper and Ericksson tonight. Add to that no Lilja and Kopecky and they're STILL winning the WCF in 5 games. 3 of what would be the top 6 defense, an MVP candidate, two Selke winners, two brilliant faceoff guys, a solid stay at home hitter and a guy in Kopecky who was really starting to play some solid playoff crash and bang hockey.

My friends, we really really are witnessing a very special team

I'm not going to lie, we have a great team. That being said, if we want to beat Pittsburgh, we need everyone healthy and we CANNOT start games slow and sluggish. Their forecheck will ******* destroy us.

And congrats to the Hawks for taking 10 years off my life. Your a good sport friend and a credit to your city. Your team gave us all we could handle tonight.

cheers buddy :thumbup:

your hawks have an unbelievably talented group who will be better for this experience.

Seriously, stick around for the Finals. Great talking hockey with you.

I'll admit, at first I thought you were a douchebag but you ended up being a fan with class. I applaud to you and your team for the great effort and great games we saw in this series. The Hawks have a great young team that will be a force for the next couple years to come and some more. You guys make the Central division a much stronger division than it has been in the past. I'll be looking forward to future games with the Hawks from this point on ;)

Good fight.

Thank you for the kinds words, everybody (even you, Namingway)!! :D

I had fun posting here for the series and I will definitely try to drop in from time to time for the next one. I wish your team the best of luck.

That being said, if we want to beat Pittsburgh, we need everyone healthy and we CANNOT start games slow and sluggish. Their forecheck will ******* destroy us.

I agree. It's going to be a grueling tough series.

I'm watching press confrence online but, first versus doesn't show it so I flip to NHL network and they are just talking about the game and not showing the press confrence. The NHL is a mess. Need to hire a better programing/marketing team.

Edited by RedWingsFan4Life

I'm not going to lie, we have a great team. That being said, if we want to beat Pittsburgh, we need everyone healthy and we CANNOT start games slow and sluggish. Their forecheck will ******* destroy us.

You're right but we managed against Anaheim's forecheck better the longer we saw it. Plus I'm guessing the Wings can't start slow as Pittsburgh may just score a goal before they head home this year

WHOO HOO!!!! HELMER!!!!

Great win for the Wings. Helm was huge tonight. The goal is obviously the heroic moment people will remember, but his PK was a thing of beauty. The crowd coming to its feet in acknowledgment was so awesome. Cleary continues to come up with the big goals and that line was dangerous all night.

Ozzie was freakin' outstanding. On a night when the Wings were minus most of their best players, he came up huge.

Too bad the reward isn't a ton of rest for the Wings. I'm not thrilled about the back-to-backs, but hey, at least they're both in Detroit.

GO WINGS!!!

It's games like this you realize the AWESOME depth this franchise has.

No Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Draper and Ericksson tonight. Add to that no Lilja and Kopecky and they're STILL winning the WCF in 5 games. 3 of what would be the top 6 defense, an MVP candidate, two Selke winners, two brilliant faceoff guys, a solid stay at home hitter and a guy in Kopecky who was really starting to play some solid playoff crash and bang hockey.

My friends, we really really are witnessing a very special team

Damn! Now I'm really missing them. :huh:

You're right, truly amazing.

You're right but we managed against Anaheim's forecheck better the longer we saw it.

True. But that was a grueling, grueling series. If the SCF goes 7, it goes 7.....we can't help that. I'm hoping that we take it to them and stay on Crosby/Malkin like ******* KrazyGlue. If we shut them down, we shut the team down. I think that's where we come out on top. They are 2 players and a bunch of other dudes. We're a whole team, as this series has shown. We've had so many injuries and other players not playing well and we've needed the depth of our bench to step up. So I think we have an upper hand, but it's slight.

Babs giving Cheli his props!

As he should. Haters gonna hate, but other than the one TO, he was solid. Created I think 3 scoring chances including the almost-winner in OT and got a + for the Cleary goal...

Man, we all should bow down to Ozzie after today. He played as phenominal as Huet did. Huet was stealing that game for the Hawks and Ozzie stood tall and prevented that from happening.

Ozzy, you're the man, man.

Ozzie is the ******* man. We are not facing Pittsburgh right now if not for him. Absolutely 100% not even close.

This is a year unlike any other recent stanley cup run. I mean, in all the other 3, I believe the big guns were scoring throughout, and the secondary and tertiary scorers were scoring here and there, chipping in.

This year, it seems as it's 90% the secondary and tertiary scoring, with the big guns chipping in on occasion. And, having outstanding goaltending to get us here...

I really hope that the big guns start scoring alot more in the finals...I think we're going to need it.