• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 5: Blackhawks 1 at Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I'm glad the Wings pulled this off quickly in OT.......I knew the longer it dragged, on the greater the chance the Hawks would score.

I am so damn excited right now. WOOOOOOO. BTW, if the finals start this weekend.....they could theoretically win or be playing on my birthday on June 7th. This is awesome!!!

I can't remember being so relaxed during an overtime game. It's also been forever since I jumped up and down following a goal. (Helm)

Thank you Red Wings!

Kudos to the punk Hawks. A hell of a game!

Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie! Ozzie!

Edited by MidMichSteve

Don't forget the press conferences at NHL.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I almost forgot!

Btw, this was one of the best games I've seen in the playoffs. Two teams playing great, with fantastic goaltending on both sides.

I love the way everyone has stepped up in the absence of Datsyuk and Lids, but I really, really don't want them to miss any more games.

Although these last two games must have cemented the fact that Hossa should never ever leave Filppula's wing.

And how amazing is Helm? Apparantly he now has the record for most playoff goals by a player that has not scored in the regular season :siren:

Okay, so here is the Cup Finals schedule:

May 30 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

May 31 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

June 2 Pittsburgh Penguins 8:00 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Mellon Arena Versus, CBC, RDS

June 4 Pittsburgh Penguins 8:00 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Mellon Arena Versus, CBC, RDS

June 6 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

June 9 Pittsburgh Penguins 8:00 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Mellon Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

June 12 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

F You

F You

F You!

Wings WIN in apparently the OT that I caused!

So F You mean bunch of meanies!!!

I'M OUT!

I deserve that. I'm sorry. I was just mad. It was very insensitive of me. I didn't mean it...

So um... How about the bigger picture of your avatar?

The Hawks tried to put a good fight and I had very high hopes, but the better team prevailed and I can definitely respect and recognize that.

The Hawks have NOTHING to be ashamed of. They played a helluva series! They will definetely be a regular in the playoffs for several years to come with the talent they have.

Except that Eager kid. He needs his mouth taped.

Here we go! NHL.com!!!

Okay, so here is the Cup Finals schedule:

May 30 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

May 31 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

June 2 Pittsburgh Penguins 8:00 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Mellon Arena Versus, CBC, RDS

June 4 Pittsburgh Penguins 8:00 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Mellon Arena Versus, CBC, RDS

June 6 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

June 9 Pittsburgh Penguins 8:00 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Mellon Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

June 12 Detroit Red Wings 8:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena NBC, CBC, RDS

I think if we hvae to play back to back here, we should have to play back to back there...but that's just my opinion...whatever. No real point crying ni the SCF...right Crosby?

Congrats, y'all!!! The Wings are definitely the better team and the Pens will have their hands full. Hopefully, this will prove to be a great learning experience for the young Hawks.

Late to the party watching the postgame stuff, but I'll 5th or 8th or whatever what everyone else is saying--you're a credit to your great franchise and to this board. And your team's day will come soon, no doubt about it...I wouldn't be at all surprised if "soon" is next year. It's probably not much consolation, but you played a damn good series and with 4 extremely tight games, could've easily gone either way.

PS. Totally unrelated, but anyone who doubts what Ozzie does for this team can suck it. Again.

It's games like this you realize the AWESOME depth this franchise has.

No Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Draper and Ericksson tonight. Add to that no Lilja and Kopecky and they're STILL winning the WCF in 5 games. 3 of what would be the top 6 defense, an MVP candidate, two Selke winners, two brilliant faceoff guys, a solid stay at home hitter and a guy in Kopecky who was really starting to play some solid playoff crash and bang hockey.

My friends, we really really are witnessing a very special team

Congrats, y'all!!! The Wings are definitely the better team and the Pens will have their hands full. Hopefully, this will prove to be a great learning experience for the young Hawks.

Any chance we can steal Toews for the finals? You're right, you're right, you're right... Stupid question. But that dude is awesome. You treat him right in Chicago you hear?