• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

CBC, or NBC.

Rate this topic

I have been lucky enough to grow up in the a few minutes from Downtown Detroit, and have been a CBC viewer for the 26 years of my existence. Yet, for this series I am going to need a barf bag, and a mute button because of the Sid talk. NBC does it as well, but CBC will be on in my home. Which do you prefer?

If we could get CBC in Grand Rapids, that's what would be on. Instead, I'm stuck with Nothing But Crosby. Ugh, at least I can mute it and put Ken Kal on.

You too??? That's the exact same plan for me.

I disagree with everybody......I guess growing up in Canada CBC has given me nausea thru the years....I found in last years cup finals there was strong favourtism for the Pens ( led by Don Cherry & Ron McClaen )...I actually prefer NBC or VS with Doc Emmerik who I find spices up the game & sometimes actually gets over excited....don't care for Eddy O but enjoyed it when you could actually feel the pain in his voice everytime the Wings scored on the Hawks!!!

I watch CBC for the pregame festivities during the Finals because they generally show more of the stuff on the ice than NBC (who lets McGuire yap for 15 minutes). However, I do watch the actual game on NBC because it is in HD and I really like Doc Emrick.

I have one TV on CBC and the other NBC HD with mute. :cool:

CBC just knows how to work the camera, when a scrum happens they don't put graphics up covering the screen like NBC and VS does and talk about a players stats or just cut away to commercial instead of not showing a reply of a big save.

NBC...

i cant stand cbc's announcers. they make me wanna puke. maybe being canadian i should watch cbc, but meh...whatever.

also, i like on nbc when a team is on the PP, they have the behind the net camera angle. i like that.

i only turn it to cbc on saturdays between periods to watch coaches corner (coaches room for you ovechkin fans) and to watch the hotstove...

NBC...

i cant stand cbc's announcers. they make me wanna puke. maybe being canadian i should watch cbc, but meh...whatever.

also, i like on nbc when a team is on the PP, they have the behind the net camera angle. i like that.

i only turn it to cbc on saturdays between periods to watch coaches corner (coaches room for you ovechkin fans) and to watch the hotstove...

NBC sucks. And the behind the net camera angle is the worst angle in the world. It always makes me mad when they show that angle. You can't see the whole ice...you have no idea what is going on on the other side of the ring. It's horrible.

NBC sucks. And the behind the net camera angle is the worst angle in the world. It always makes me mad when they show that angle. You can't see the whole ice...you have no idea what is going on on the other side of the ring. It's horrible.

personal preference i guess. i think it's kinda cool. but i also had a good laugh at FOX with the puck trail and the fighting robots. i have the luxury of cbc and nbc to switch back and forth to, and nhl on the fly often... i guess i see your point, but that particular camera angle usually shows atleast most of the offensive zone and just pans back and forth to the puck carrier. it looks cool on the big widescreen LG

Laser Puck.....hahahahaha

God that brings back some memories.

lol...yup

i turn it on in NHL 09 all the time just for a good laugh.

and then everytime i play the penguins i unleash the lazer show on MAF and win 20-0

fox should get hockey again. none of that espn poop they're talking about

CBC if I have a choice. Noticeably less bias towards the teams the NHL is trying to market. Don Cherry is becoming more and more of a hockey-bigot, so thats annoying sometimes, but he still has his moments.

I enjoy Doc Emmerick, hate McGuire, hate the Nothing But Crosby tint to everything, with every intermission piece trying to sell Crosby to a world of hockey fans that don't want it.

I'm not sure yet. Don't get CBC in HD so that could make me go NBC. Both have become annoying to me. You get the anti Red Wing tint from CBC because not enough canadians. I mean in the Ducks series they were biased towards the Ducks a lot. Cleary should have gotten a penalty in game 5 for being the crease for the Helm goal but Niedermeyer was ok falling on Ozzie in game 3. Then kept arguing against the Cleary winning goal in game 7 that he was pushing the pads. Then Don Cherry wants the Wings to fight any time they get hit. Wings are smarter than that, thats why they are where they are Grapes.

Plus being superstitious the way I am, I tried watching CBC for game 3 of the WCF's and the Wings went down 3-0. Went over to VS and the Wings tied it and on NBC they won game 4 and stayed on VS for game 5 and they won. So I might be with NBC/VS. Probably go over to CBC for the intermissions though, at least for game 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7. Can't stand Maguire and Millbury. They are terrible as hosts.

Edited by StevieY9802

CBC for me.

1. Bob Cole is epic

2. Not NBC (Nothing But Crosby)

3. I don't have to hear "driiiiiiiive" and "waffleboarded away" every five seconds

4. No Edzo

5. No McGuire

6. Much better camera work

CBC

My NBC down here is in Spanish...and sadly...they still know who "Siiiiiiiiiii-ney Craws...beeee" is.

And there's a load of Canadians down here so we all watch it and sniffle as we see the opening...