• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

My heart goes out to Datsyuk

Rate this topic

I feel so sorry for Pavel Datsyuk. He was comfortably our best and most consistent player during the regular season IMO and yet it’s the Stanley Cup Finals and he can’t even get out there due to his foot. He must be pretty seriously banged up, and when he comes back to play who knows what impact he’ll have. People always go on about how they want him back just as I do, but when he does come back he’s obviously going to be playing through a lot of pain and be well below his best.

He’s become a complete player, a great leader of this team and certainly one of my favourites. It’s so disappointing not having him out there doing what he does best. I just hope he can get out there and score a couple of goals because he deserves to be out there. :thumbup:

Hopefully he can get at least a game in. Even if they put him on the 4th line and limit his minutes to what he can handle, it would be better than him missing out. This is assuming he is well enough to play, of course.

We've won a Cup with him on the 4th line before.

My guess is he will play tonight and only play on the PP and a few shifts here and there.

If you watch his morning skates his foot is completely straight at all times, he doesnt turn it. It's most likely a broken bone in the ankle, ligiment damage or a broken leg.

I think they'll wait, why force him into a winning lineup?

Same theory, why rush him back if you are winning, game one was a little nerve racking for me, Game 2 should be a good game, but I don't foresee either team losing at home, this will go 7, with games 2 and 4 being closer to blowouts than tight games. 3 or 4 goal (with an en) games.

My guess is he will play tonight and only play on the PP and a few shifts here and there.

If you watch his morning skates his foot is completely straight at all times, he doesnt turn it. It's most likely a broken bone in the ankle, ligiment damage or a broken leg.

Surely if he plays, he plays.

I feel bad for him, too. The only reason we are even in the playoffs is because of Datsyuk and Hossa. And now, to see both of them struggling, I feel for those guys. I'm glad people haven't been too overly harsh on them though, considering they are the ones that got us here.

I hope he gets to play in the Finals, but I bet we'll only see him in the next few games if we absolutely need him.

I don't think we'll see the syuk until game 3...

Agree with you 100% and this is what the press has been saying. He will be rested, the foot in much better shape. It's the smart move. I will go on a very thick and unlikely to break limb here and say a rested Datsyuk is going to be a Penns nightmare. Think about it. Penns may make more adjustments in game 2, but in game three its back to Red Wings school. Plus, after being swarmed by the Ducks then on bad line combos with the Hawks (Homer and Holmstrom), he is ready to break out.

I have to believe this is eating at his heart, since he is such a fierce competitor. To miss this much time it has to be something serious. I know a foot injury can be a real pistol to heal, and if he's on crutches at all it's driving him nuts ( I hate them when I have to use them). I hope he's back for game 3, but if not, I totally understand. Get well soon, Pasha - we miss you something awful.

I think they'll wait, why force him into a winning lineup?

If he comes back babs will most likely let him center the fourth line till he gets back into groove.. When the series shifts to pit, the fourth line needs to be a little more stable..

Can't help but think that this re-aggravated an injury sustained in the late season. Might explain his lack of goal-scoring while he was playing, as well, although he was certainly very strong despite his inability to find the back of the net.

Can't help but think that this re-aggravated an injury sustained in the late season. Might explain his lack of goal-scoring while he was playing, as well, although he was certainly very strong despite his inability to find the back of the net.

He said last week that the main problem was it hit in exactly the same place a puck hit him during the Columbus or Anaheim series....so yes, he was hampered for at least part of Anaheim too.

I feel Dats' injury occured prior to the Hawks' series. He seemed fine against the BJs, but in the Ducks' series, not only was he having difficulty scoring (which could be anything), he stopped hitting as well. This guy is known for hitting anything that moves in the postseason, and it was back then I was thinking it could be possible to see Dats sit a couple games due to an injury. I don't doubt that his foot is also injured, but I think there's something else there that hasn't been made public.

But its all just speculation on my part. I could very well be wrong.

I have to believe this is eating at his heart, since he is such a fierce competitor. To miss this much time it has to be something serious. I know a foot injury can be a real pistol to heal, and if he's on crutches at all it's driving him nuts ( I hate them when I have to use them). I hope he's back for game 3, but if not, I totally understand. Get well soon, Pasha - we miss you something awful.

Huh? He skated yesterday in practice. crutches? If he can skate at all I don't think he has crutches?

agreed. but its "dats" he still has many years left in the nhl. he will grow, improve his play and have many more chances to be in the stanley cup finals. he will be back to play in these finals at hand, lets just hope hes in great condition and make a great impact on the game.

dats feel/get better