• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

Game 4 Status: Datsyuk, Draper

Rate this topic

Update from practice:

Update from Wednesday's practice: Pavel Datsyuk (foot) skated and looked better, but coach Mike Babcock said his status for Game 4 will be determined tomorrow.

"Yeah, I'm healthy now,'' Datsyuk said. "But we'll make tomorrow a game decision.''

How difficult has it been watching the last six games?

"This is not fun to watch. I take in lots of beer,'' Datsyuk said.

Babcock said Kris Draper will play. He has been a healthy scratch the last two games after missing some time with a strained groin. Babcock said he didn't know whom he would take out of the lineup.

Tomas Holmstrom and Brian Rafalski did not practice, but Babcock said they are fine and just opted to take the day off.

Here are the lines they practiced with:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Filppula-Datsyuk-Hossa

Hudler-Helm-Sameulsson

Leino-Draper-Maltby (Abdelkader working in)

Downey-McCarty

MLive

Babcock just said that Datsyuk is a game-time decision. "We have an optional skate tomorrow morning and we'll see how he responds after that and after today. I have to talk to (trainer) Piet (Van Zant) and see how (Datsyuk) looks."

That said, Datsyuk was practicing hard today, doing drills for the first time in a long time. The practice lines were shuffled as though they were preparing for Pavel being back. It sure looks like Datsyuk will be back unless his body takes a step backwards after today's workout.

Red Wings Corner

The Detroit Red Wings not only expect to have Pavel Datsyuk back for the Stanley Cup final, there�€™s a very good chance he will suit up Thursday night for Game 4.

Datsyuk has missed the first three games of the Stanley Cup final and the past six with a foot injury he sustained during the Western Conference final, but a source close to the Wings said if Datsyuk doesn�€™t play in Game 4, he�€™ll definitely go in Game 5.

The Wings take to the ice at 2 p.m. EST Wednesday and Datsyuk will practise with the team. He is expected to be evaluated after that practice and the morning skate Thursday before a final decision is made. There is no doubt he is very close to getting back into the lineup.

Having Datsyuk would be an obvious boon to the Red Wings and would almost certainly take some of the defensive responsibility away from Henrik Zetterberg, who has been closely checking Sidney Crosby in this series.

The Hockey News

Edited by Mike

Victory is assured :D

Even at less than 100%, Datsyuk is enough of an offensive threat that it changes the way the Penguins pick their matchups, and he can take care of Crosby so Zetterberg can focus on shutting down Malkin.

IF this is true you know what time it is right!?!?!?!?!?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

MLive also reports that Holmstrom and Rafalski are not practicing.

:scared:

Last time Rafalski missed practice it was to "give him a rest" and then the next day he was injured and couldn't play.

A little more info from Bruce Macleod.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/redwingscor...534974378050274

I think if Rafalski was injured they would switch up the lines. No way Cheli is playing top 2 minutes. Ericcson would likely be in that spot again. He has to be just resting.

Edited by zata20

Bruce Macleod's article is dead on, Chelly wouldn't be practicing with Nick if Raffy were hurt, I'm sure he's probably just got the day off and taking it easy. You never know if he's a little sore today and Babs just told him to sit this one out.

To hear Pavs is skating, and skating well, is excellent. We're up 2-1 in a series without him, now think about how much better we are with him. This just made my day that much better, go wings!

A little more info from Bruce Macleod.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/redwingscor...534974378050274

I think if Rafalski was injured they would switch up the lines. No way Cheli is playing top 2 minutes. Ericcson would likely be in that spot again. He has to be just resting.

Nice find. Looks like Rafa is good to go and it's nice to see that Draps might be back in, but are they really going to keep Leino in and scratch Abs?