• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Thoughts from the Penguin's Nest

Rate this topic

1 question for the O.P. after the Pens temprament in this spanklng....

Are they gonna change Bylsma's title from Head Coach to day care operator?

1 question for the O.P. after the Pens temprament in this spanklng....

Are they gonna change Bylsma's title from Head Coach to day care operator?

He doesn't know who Bylsma is.

By my calculations as history would tell, you have a 26% chance.

Good luck lol

Greater than 1 in 4??? What were people saying chances of America defeating Britain in the Revolutinary War. I'll take my chances. Off topic- Susan Boyle is in bad shape- let's keep her in our thought regardless of our loyalties.

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal last night may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the

Pens. That's just a feeling. At that point, Detroit went from being up a goal and on the power play, to seeing the

lead go up in smoke. The mental letdown can't be overestimated.

--I feel the pressure is more on the Wings to win Saturday Night, Datsyuk or no Datsyuk. Detroit must hold here or

face returning on the verge to the Igloo which has not been kind to them -- especially Osgood of all people. Should

the Pens lose they're on the verge, but at least they know they get the next one at home.

--This series is just what a lot of us hoped -- including a lot of arguing back and forth about who's gotten the breaks,

who's got the calls (or not) etc. etc. etc. Also accusations of cheap shots by both sides. Last year lacked the heat,

as it was really about the aw-shucks-glad-to-be-here Pens looking up at the veteran champs.

--Datsyuk's back -- but maybe Sid is too, after finally breaking the scoring drought.

--For some reason the name "Fedotenko" keeps popping into my head for Saturday.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you here will disagree with my point of view. Please feel free to fire away...

FAIL

Greater than 1 in 4??? What were people saying chances of America defeating Britain in the Revolutinary War. I'll take my chances. Off topic- Susan Boyle is in bad shape- let's keep her in our thought regardless of our loyalties.

Who the hell is Susan Boyle?

America didn't face Britain in a Best of 7 Revolutionary War series. That comparison fails. 9 out of 10 times, Britain would have won, but it was that one time for America.

Edited by Mike

You got away with some interference and clutching that could have been called but not as much as many Pens fans are crying about tonight.

Pens fans whining about the same ol' stuff... particularly after some of the gifts the Refs gave you guys in Game 3. For that, you guys get an award:

In all sincerity I would like to express my thanks to everyone here for there tolerance of alternative viewpoints- as painful as it is at my lowest point in ths postseason. I hope you all are still as gracious after Pens win this thing in Detroit. Great series.

You sir are delusional

Good games Wings- you deserved this win. You got away with some interference and clutching that could have been called but not as much as many Pens fans are crying about tonight. You can't win in Pittsburgh. Of course you think we can't win in Detroit. Gamy 7 that all changes. Best of luck

Nice. Well aren't you just the cutest little troll ever.

Lets analyze. "Good game Wings, you deserved it". Classic opening statement of the troll. It's like telling a little kid you have candy in your car, before you abduct them.

Then, you go on to basically just get angry throughout your post. "Interference" "Clutching". Is Clutching a penalty? What about that "Puck Hogging" penalty that should have been called on Datsyuk? Or how about his "Play breaking up" penalty, when he just took the puck away? I assume you must be a pretty high ranking person in the NHL, to be making up rules and penalties now.

By "We can't win in Pittsburgh", you're implying that Pittsburgh has EVER done more poorly or that Detroit has EVER done more well, than this last game, in two years of matchups. We were 3-2 last year, and we surely won in Pittsburgh. I'll assume you started watching this year, so you may have missed that. Don't worry, Youtube has it saved.

The "We can't lose at home" mentality, is just dumb. All streaks end. Every good team goes on a winning streak on the road, or at home, from time to time.

The very "concept" that you cannot "lose at home" shows that all you are relying on is luck, and superstition. Next time you visit her, perhaps next year, perhaps you'll understand that sometimes....you actually need skill to win cups. "Home ice advantage", I know the media has pumped it up for you all playoff long. I know they've made you feel invincible at home, but guess what?

I've watched 4 Detroit Stanley Cup Championships. I've also watched, FAR MORE loses, to include loses at home.

If you're argument is "We can't lose at home", then take your superstition, and media brainwashing, and just hope you get a good spot at the golf course during the off season.

You got away with some interference and clutching that could have been called but not as much as many Pens fans are crying about tonight.

Its funny how no experts in the media point out these CLUTCHING and GRABBING nor the interference calls... It seems as, either, the rest of the Hockey world are blind or the Penguins fans are trying to pull out imaginary calls from Bettmans left pocket.

In contrast to the calls that only Penguins fans are able to see, the media at least acknowledge the headshots, the corsschecks, slashings, interferences that the Pens players commit during the play.

I personaly think that the refs have been good, let the players play.

Only issue I have had is the 6 man on the ice for half a minute.

As long as there isn't any injuries and no really obvious call then let them play.

See you in Pittsburgh :)

Edited by CHoZo

I'm wondering how Pittsburgh recovers from this loss? They were blown away! At least after Games 1 + 2 there was hope because they outshot the Wings both games. Tonight the two guys they rely on the most acted like a bunch of babies. Cindy and Malkin completely blew and lost composure, on national television too! You would NEVER see Datsyuk or Zetterberg act that way.

Add to that, they need to try and comeback against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, and the Wings are re-energized. The Wings have done it all and know how to close out a series. There probably won't be any nerves going into a Cup clinching game, like we saw in Game 5 last year.

Nice. Well aren't you just the cutest little troll ever.

Lets analyze. "Good game Wings, you deserved it". Classic opening statement of the troll. It's like telling a little kid you have candy in your car, before you abduct them.

Then, you go on to basically just get angry throughout your post. "Interference" "Clutching". Is Clutching a penalty? What about that "Puck Hogging" penalty that should have been called on Datsyuk? Or how about his "Play breaking up" penalty, when he just took the puck away? I assume you must be a pretty high ranking person in the NHL, to be making up rules and penalties now.

By "We can't win in Pittsburgh", you're implying that Pittsburgh has EVER done more poorly or that Detroit has EVER done more well, than this last game, in two years of matchups. We were 3-2 last year, and we surely won in Pittsburgh. I'll assume you started watching this year, so you may have missed that. Don't worry, Youtube has it saved.

The "We can't lose at home" mentality, is just dumb. All streaks end. Every good team goes on a winning streak on the road, or at home, from time to time.

The very "concept" that you cannot "lose at home" shows that all you are relying on is luck, and superstition. Next time you visit her, perhaps next year, perhaps you'll understand that sometimes....you actually need skill to win cups. "Home ice advantage", I know the media has pumped it up for you all playoff long. I know they've made you feel invincible at home, but guess what?

I've watched 4 Detroit Stanley Cup Championships. I've also watched, FAR MORE loses, to include loses at home.

If you're argument is "We can't lose at home", then take your superstition, and media brainwashing, and just hope you get a good spot at the golf course during the off season.

Quick question. What is a "troll"? Thanks in advance

I can't believe this ******* idiot hasnt been banned yet.

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Crosby doesn't have the strength to hold Lord Stanley that's why he will never get it.

I can't wait to see hossa skating around YOUR HOME ICE with the cup in hands showing it off..

I loved the chant at the Joe tonight: "CROSBY SUCKS" - "CROSBY SUCKS" - "CROSBY SUCKS".

What a classless player. I hate Bettman for choosing this clown to promote hockey... He makes NHL look like a ***** sport!

Good games Wings- you deserved this win.

You're right. Thanks.

Not really. Any clutching or interference you think you see is negated by the fact that Gill's top 10 moves involve clutching and grabbing. :P

You can't win in Pittsburgh.

I disagree.

Of course you think we can't win in Detroit.

I have no such illusions, this is a series between two great teams- either one can win in either building if they play well enough.

Of course it's worth noting that people who believe the Pens can't win in Detroit are more grounded in reality than those who believe the Wings can't win in Pittsburgh.

Pens in Detroit: 0 for 3

Wings in Pittsburgh: 0 for 2

As the Detroit Lions would tell you- the number after the "0 for" is pretty important.

Gamy 7 that all changes. Best of luck

You're right in thinking all bets are off if this series goes to 7 games. That's why every Detroit fan in their right mind is praying the Wings and Pens play game 6 like they did game 5.

You're right. Thanks.

Not really. Any clutching or interference you think you see is negated by the fact that Gill's top 10 moves involve clutching and grabbing. :P

I disagree.

I have no such illusions, this is a series between two great teams- either one can win in either building if they play well enough.

Of course it's worth noting that people who believe the Pens can't win in Detroit are more grounded in reality than those who believe the Wings can't win in Pittsburgh.

Pens in Detroit: 0 for 3

Wings in Pittsburgh: 0 for 2

As the Detroit Lions would tell you- the number after the "0 for" is pretty important.

You're right in thinking all bets are off if this series goes to 7 games. That's why every Detroit fan in their right mind is praying the Wings and Pens play game 6 like they did game 5.

You win again.

Good games Wings- you deserved this win. You got away with some interference and clutching that could have been called but not as much as many Pens fans are crying about tonight. You can't win in Pittsburgh. Of course you think we can't win in Detroit. Gamy 7 that all changes. Best of luck

You finally played the Real Detroit Red Wings Tonight, You guys had your chance and blow it, Hossa will make dam sure it doesn't go 7, if it does then it will be like the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals, were the Home Team Won Every Game an the Series you think about that for a Minute or Two.....