• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NvrFrgtRussian5

Datsyuk will play, Cleary "Questionable"

Rate this topic

Wonder why Babs doesn't swap Abdelkader in if Cleary sits- more his style of play than Leino.
I'm not sure why he sat Abdelkader last game... Seems as though he's more of a threat than Leino. Unless there's some injury we don't know about, which would also explain why he didn't skate.

Glad to hear Datsyuk's back.

And I know I can't be the only one who would LOVE to see the Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen line like they were in practice. I know that's front loading our two star two way players, but I just think that line would be ridiculously fun to watch.

Malkin hasn't been that much of a threat 5-on-5.

Agreed. He's mostly done his damage on the PP.

Cleary had better play because the lines with him playing look a whole lot better.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Datsyuk-Filppula-Hossa

Datsyuk and Filppula show a LOT of chemistry IMO. And surely Hossa is bound to actually do something? And that top line has been great so far so no reason to split them up.

I really hate the idea of a Holmstrom-Filppula-Hossa line because Homer is borderling useless now and he's brining that line down.

Agreed. He's mostly done his damage on the PP.

Cleary had better play because the lines with him playing look a whole lot better.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Datsyuk-Filppula-Hossa

Datsyuk and Filppula show a LOT of chemistry IMO. And surely Hossa is bound to actually do something? And that top line has been great so far so no reason to split them up.

I really hate the idea of a Holmstrom-Filppula-Hossa line because Homer is borderling useless now and he's brining that line down.

Cleary will be a huge loss. I think we will miss him most along those boards and his ability to go to those hard places on the ice.

Guest Crymson
If we dont win, we're f***ed.. just saying

How does this comment have any use at all in this thread?

"Datsyuk will play; Cleary is questionable." "We're f***ed if we don't win."

Nice work, Sherlock.

Cleary will be a huge loss. I think we will miss him most along those boards and his ability to go to those hard places on the ice.

Agreed, he's been one of the only players who has constantly finished their checks. :thumbup:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Pavel could be used to shut down Malkin, but maybe that's not the job he should get right from the start? Who knows how rusty and bothered by his foot he will be.

Better to ease him in while playing with Z and Mule who are playing great.

Also, I've been wanting to see the Franzen-Z-Datsyuk line for quite some time. Let the Pens worry about shutting them down for a change.

I don't share the opinion that we're "f***ed" if we don't win tonight, but it's a big game for sure.

That just sucked the life right out of me. Cleary is one of our best clutch player and shut-down guys. If he is out, that is no good...

With all due respect to Dano, because he has had a tremendous playoffs, but he hasn't had much of an impact in this series on any front.

I'm not sure why he sat Abdelkader last game... Seems as though he's more of a threat than Leino.

Both have been in on the same number of goals. Leino set up Abby for his first one, and Hank for his Game 3 tally. I love Draper to death but I don't know how he could be more effective than Abdelkader was in his 5-6 minutes, but I expect Kris in regardless.

I'm not sure why he sat Abdelkader last game... Seems as though he's more of a threat than Leino. Unless there's some injury we don't know about, which would also explain why he didn't skate.

Because he'd be the equivalent of a 5th line center, as he can't play wing. When you've got (going down the roster) Zata, Filppula, Helm, and Draper centering each line, there's not much room for a guy that isn't comfortable playing wing.

Leino, on the other hand, is comfortable playing wing, and is a good player.

Guest mindfly

This team just can't have everyone healthy it seems, just when datsyuk comes back cleary goes down.. red wings 08-09 in a nutshell?

Babcock said point blank that Abs was better at center and he couldn't put him at the Wing position, whereas he could Leino. Personally I still think Abs brings more than Leino at ANY position based on what I've seen so far, but that's why he coaches and I just yell and scream at the TV.

Because he'd be the equivalent of a 5th line center, as he can't play wing. When you've got (going down the roster) Zata, Filppula, Helm, and Draper centering each line, there's not much room for a guy that isn't comfortable playing wing.

Leino, on the other hand, is comfortable playing wing, and is a good player.

This is all true, but Abdelkader is outperforming Draper as the fourth line center. The Red Wings have plenty of centers that are good at faceoffs (or they just get booted out anyways) and the penalty kill sucks, so Draper's two strongest qualities basically bring nothing to the team right now. IMO, it is tough to justify playing Draper over Abdelkader given the performance of each in the playoffs.

Edited by GoWings1905

Help me out here, Babs says he may play Pavel on the wing instead of center. I've never played hockey, so please forgive my ignorance, but is winger less "stressful" on a foot then center? If yes, how so?

Help me out here, Babs says he may play Pavel on the wing instead of center. I've never played hockey, so please forgive my ignorance, but is winger less "stressful" on a foot then center? If yes, how so?

Centers have more responsibility to come back into the defensive zone and play below the hash marks while wingers are expected to stop between the hash and the blue line, and watch the enemy's defensemen while being prepared for a breakout. Also, Pittsburgh's most dangerous two players are typically at center, which means that the players assigned to shut them down have to be completely mobile. Malkin and Crosby are both strong skaters.

In short, a center has to be more mobile than a winger in most cases, and therefore is more stressful on a foot or ankle injury.

Centers have more responsibility to come back into the defensive zone and play below the hash marks while wingers are expected to stop between the hash and the blue line, and watch the enemy's defensemen while being prepared for a breakout. Also, Pittsburgh's most dangerous two players are typically at center, which means that the players assigned to shut them down have to be completely mobile. Malkin and Crosby are both strong skaters.

In short, a center has to be more mobile than a winger in most cases, and therefore is more stressful on a foot or ankle injury.

Thanks, I knew someone would educate me here. :)