• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Pittsburgh's Immaturity After Game 4 Cost Them

Rate this topic

Those comments they made about dissension on the Wings bench cost them big time. The Wings looked like they took those comments to heart.

Whether there was or wasn't dissension wasn't the point. The point is when you've won 2 games in a row, there's no reason to make stupid comments like that, when you should know that it's going to piss off the other team. They should have just kept their mouths shut and played hockey.

Whoever made those comments to the media for the Pens cost their team the game and probably the series.

This team is obviously still immature and hasn't learned much from last year when they kept whining about the refs constantly.

the lesson the pens learned cuz of that...

don't trash talk the wings and try and f*** with them in their barn.

take your shots at them and they'll take the pp's and bury your ass!

bylsma's a good coach, but his guys can't learn discipline from him. they need to grow the f*** up.

You never want to give another team bulletin board material in the finals. That's regardless of who you are and what team you are playing. It's just not needed. This was especially bad. You don't say something like that knowing that the reporters are all about your team and will print every word you say as if it's a new gospel of the Bible.

I missed the comments, got a link??

Several of their players made some comments about the Wings losing composure on the bench or several players supposedly yelling at each other.

Whether that happend or not is irrelevant. There's no reason to make that comment.

Babcock just pointed out in the press conference how the Wings don't make comments like that about the other team when they win.

So yes, the Pens are immature.

Dats also just blew off the question about whether Talbot was going after his foot.

Lost the respect i had for Malkin tonight, what a cheap shot *****. He has been spending to much time around Crysby.

Attitude reflects leadership, precisely why Crosby should not be the captain. Their captain should be as calm and collective as their coach is.

When have we ever heard Lidstrom raise his voice or speak anything other than politically correct?

You never want to give another team bulletin board material in the finals. That's regardless of who you are and what team you are playing. It's just not needed. This was especially bad. You don't say something like that knowing that the reporters are all about your team and will print every word you say as if it's a new gospel of the Bible.

Absolutely. The Great Patrick Roy challenged the Wings in the WCF outright and we kicked his mother ******* ass. Even the Denver Press ripped Roy for being such an ass.

Lost the respect i had for Malkin tonight, what a cheap shot *****. He has been spending to much time around Crysby.

QFT. Funny, I said the EXACT same thing to my wife during the third period tonight. I understand frustration, hockey isn't figure skating, blah, blah, blah. It says more about a team or person by how they lose than by how they win. If I were a player, I wouldn't want to win a Cup by gooning it up. What a cheap route to take.

I was wondering if the Pens players partied it up a little to much after Game 4 and weren't ready at all for Game 5. Plus they probably listened to much to the media who were saying we were to tired.

History lesson (especially pertinent since before this series they tried to make it the Islanders vs the Oilers part III)

In the Final of 82–83, as the Islanders walked by the Oilers dressing room after beating them in Game 1, they heard the Oilers players singing and horsing around after a loss. This burned the "professional" Islanders to no end. Many said they never forgave the young Oilers for this break of decorum. They smashed them the rest of the series in winning their 4th cup in a row.

Pehaps the young Pens just gave us the equivalent of the Oilers singing in their dressing room with their utterly stupid comments about the Red Wings.

Those comments they made about dissension on the Wings bench cost them big time. The Wings looked like they took those comments to heart.

Whether there was or wasn't dissension wasn't the point. The point is when you've won 2 games in a row, there's no reason to make stupid comments like that, when you should know that it's going to piss off the other team. They should have just kept their mouths shut and played hockey.

Whoever made those comments to the media for the Pens cost their team the game and probably the series.

This team is obviously still immature and hasn't learned much from last year when they kept whining about the refs constantly.

You're kidding yourself if you think that's the reason for the this game unfolded. Is this supposed to be some sort of analysis? If it is, it's without a doubt the single worst I've ever seen in my entire life.

No offense. Lol.

Several of their players made some comments about the Wings losing composure on the bench or several players supposedly yelling at each other.

Whether that happend or not is irrelevant. There's no reason to make that comment.

Penguin McGuire also was making comments regarding that situation. The Wings handled it really well. Bab's comments about everything were great.

I agree, and that was probably the biggest factor in tonight's lopsided loss. The Pens had all the momentum after Game 4, and needed to just keep quiet and play. I haven't read any exact quotes, but the pre-game announcers suggested what was said. Immaturity is right. The Pens need to shut up and focus more on their own execution the next game, rather than their opponents' state of mind.

I agree, and that was probably the biggest factor in tonight's lopsided loss. The Pens had all the momentum after Game 4, and needed to just keep quiet and play. I haven't read any exact quotes, but the pre-game announcers suggested what was said. Immaturity is right. The Pens need to shut up and focus more on their own execution the next game, rather than their opponents' state of mind.

You're kidding yourself if you think that's the reason for the this game unfolded. Is this supposed to be some sort of analysis? If it is, it's without a doubt the single worst I've ever seen in my entire life.

Why? He's pretty much on target with his comments.

You don't see how pre-game mouth running takes away from during-game focus? Think there's no connection to all the stupid penalties taken? Hard to win when you give up 3 man-advantage goals, and a 4th right after a PP.

When you're not concentrating on the game itself, you're concentrating on how to lose.

So if focusing on your opponents' state of mind is a sign of immaturity, then why would the Wings, who I'm sure we can all agree are the most mature team in the league, give a s*** what the Pens have to say? Pittsburgh put themselves off their own game but the biggest factor was Detroit's motivation, without a doubt. A motivation born from what transpired on the ice, not off it.

The Wings bickering amongst themselves was a sign of passion and discontent. The fact that they weren't indifferent about game 4 was all the writing that needed to be on the wall.

Detroit doesn't give a rat's arse what the Penguins have to say to the media.

Why? He's pretty much on target with his comments.

You don't see how pre-game mouth running takes away from during-game focus? Think there's no connection to all the stupid penalties taken? Hard to win when you give up 3 man-advantage goals, and a 4th right after a PP.

When you're not concentrating on the game itself, you're concentrating on how to lose.

Your viewing his post from a Pens fans' POV, which I cannot disagree with. However, he says in his post that Detroit took those comments to heart, which I disagree with.

So if focusing on your opponents' state of mind is a sign of immaturity, then why would the Wings, who I'm sure we can all agree are the most mature team in the league, give a s*** what the Pens have to say? Pittsburgh put themselves off their own game but the biggest factor was Detroit's motivation, without a doubt. A motivation born from what transpired on the ice, not off it.

The Wings bickering amongst themselves was a sign of passion and discontent. The fact that they weren't indifferent about game 4 was all the writing that needed to be on the wall.

Detroit doesn't give a rat's arse what the Penguins have to say to the media.

Who said they should?

Nobody's saying Detroit did anything but what was right before, and during the game.

The top poster is correct in his commentary.