• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

talex

MVP - Ozzie or Hank

Rate this topic

Well with out the great play of ozzy we wouldn't be where we are. Just to see his turn around play from regular season to playoffs, the man is hard working! He is the playoff goalie teams would die to have.

My vote is for ozzy, hands down!!!

Hank has been able to shut down top scorers, but if we look at the overall playoffs, it has to be Ozzie. I'm not so sure there would have been so many Hank supporters before this series.

Columbus was a test for him that he could compete in the playoffs, even after all the crap he got all season. He came up big many times against Anaheim and Chicago. I think he has been very good this series too, and the games we lost were apart of an overall bad team performance.

Now he has a shutout in the Finals to add to his resume, I think he deserves it.

Edited by Louisville

Many other goalies could have taken us this far in the playoffs ?

What does that mean ?

Apparently it means Legace, Joseph and Hasek (last season) all could have easily done it. Wait, didn't they all buckle under pressure? <_<

Hank has been able to shut down top scorers, but if we look at the overall playoffs, it has to be Ozzie. I'm not so sure there would have been so many Hank supporters before this series.

Columbus was a test for him that he could compete in the playoffs, even after all the crap he got all season. He came up big many times against Anaheim and Chicago. I think he has been very good this series too, and the games we lost were apart of an overall bad team performance.

Now he has a shutout in the Finals to add to his resume, I think he deserves it.

Absolutely agree. Ozzie deserves it. Not saying the other players have not been huge, but for overall MVP of the playoffs for the Wings, it's Ozzie.

If it works out the way we hope, I say Osgood. It's a really tough call though.

Z's effect has been tremendous against Nash, Kane and Sid. Getzlaf provided an intense battle in which Z won by split decision, but nothing more.

Where's the Franzen love?

Before this series I was definitely saying the Mule because of the clutch goals that he scored in the first 3 rounds but after this series I have to say Z with how well he has shut down Crosby.

Funny how a guy like Lidstrom isn't even on the radar for this award.

Chris Osgood had an assist in game 5 along with a shutout ... and here are some other interesting stats on Osgood, courtesy of Wings statistician Greg Innis:

Osgood's assist was the first time an NHL goalie recorded an assist in the Finals since 2003, when both netminders (Martin Brodeur of New Jersey and J. S. Giguere of Anaheim) did so.

Osgood became the first Detroit goaltender to register an assist in the Finals since Mike Vernon did so in Game 3 of the 1997 Finals against Philadelphia (June 5, 1997).

Osgood now becomes the first Detroit netminder with two assists in a playoff season since 1993 when Tim Cheveldae recorded two.

Chris Osgood made 22 saves in the 5-0 victory, his 15th career postseason shutout. That total moved Ozzie past former teammate Dominik Hasek and Jacques Plante into fourth place all-time. Martin Brodeur and Patrick Roy are tied for first with 23 each. Former Red Wing Curtis Joseph is third with 16. The shutout was the third of Osgood's career in the Final, tying Brodeur for the most among active goaltenders.

I think it must be Ozzie or Z. Mule & Lidstrom have enough stature to win it, but haven't been the most dominant players controlling game outcomes. Cleary & Helm are not prominent enough players. Not saying they don't deserve it, not by any means. But with Malkin & Crosby scoring up a storm in the first three rounds, I'm scared one of them is still a candidate in a series loss... and that would be a painful slam to the Wings, having a temper-tantrum child stealing our Conn Smythe trophy!

Ozzie, he definitely deserves the MVP after all two cups (plus Z won it last year). After all, he is often refereed to as one of the most under-appreciated goaltender of all-time, so he needs some props.

Bernie Parent and Mario Lemieux are the only repeat winners for back to back Cup Champs in the history of the award (not sure if that was mentioned or not). And only 5 players have repeated as the winner, period.

I believe it will go to Chris Osgood.

But it could also go to Crosby or Malkin if the NHL decided to give them a consolation.

Edited by Captain_Yzerman19

Bernie Parent and Mario Lemieux are the only repeat winners for back to back Cup Champs in the history of the award (not sure if that was mentioned or not). And only 5 players have repeated as the winner, period.

I believe it will go to Chris Osgood.

But it could also go to Crosby or Malkin if the NHL decided to give them a consolation.

Haha, yeah. Seriously, at this point, I just hope it goes to a Red Wing. I can definitely see the league giving it to both Crosby and Malkin because they've each racked up 30 points or whatever stupid reason.

And if it's Ozzie, then I can see the headlines now, "Worst goalie to win the Conn Smythe."