• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymz99

Heads Up - NO JOE VISION TOMORROW!

Rate this topic

what a braindead decision. If it was not for the Office and Heroes I would never watch NBC.

Yep only shows I watch on NBC too. Probably could stop watching Heroes but the Office is my favorite show on TV.

Okay, you guys are scaring me a bit here... I understand that there is no Joe Vision (which is a shame) BUT, NBC is still broadcasting it regularly, right?

Of course they are. That's why there's no JoeVision-- because NBC wants their scratch. JoeVision is 10,000 peeps not watching at home, clockin' ratings and watching commercials.

A shame. JoeVision for the clinchers is always awesome.

Is NBC that desparate for ratings? Pretty much everybody and their cousin who live in the Detroit and Pitt areas will be watching game 6 (and game 7 if there is one). Assume you have both arenas either hosting the game obviously or having watching parties there. JLA is roughly 20,000 seats and the Igloo 17,000 right? 37,000 missed broadcasts in those areas won't make all that much of a difference IMO given these are the cities involved in the championship.

Ok, how many of the people complaining here were actually going to go to Joe Vision to begin with? Who cares? Go to Hockeytown Cafe or just watch it somewhere else; the video/sound quality will be a lot better anyway.

Were you gonna go? then why do YOU care what other people were gonna do?

Just sit at your house and watch ....dont worry about what we other fans were gonna do....

Obviously there were quite a few people wanting to go or there would not be 4 threads started about it...

We were actually thinking about going to Joe Vision tomorrow to watch. The energy at the Joe would have been awesome to be a part of. Especially during a win.

This has now left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to NBC.

As of now, there will be no screen outside the Mellon. However, hockeybuzz.com says that NBC is reconsidering for Pittsburgh due to emails they've received.. and also a little bribing, offering free advertising on the website.

Here's the link.

WHY??

The game IS in Pittsburgh!! If they show it there and not here, how can anyone say there isn't favoriteism?

hockeytown cafe isn't in any way shape or form the same as witnessing the game at the Joe... Unless they have the exact same opening, the octupus dropping and the fire coming out of the score board.

I was going to joe vision with 6 other people... now we are going to my house to watch the big screen HD...

Not to mention that last year I managed to have a Cup Champs hat before Lidstrom was even presented the Cup. Same in 98 and 02. Damn NBC. :thumbdown:

Ok, how many of the people complaining here were actually going to go to Joe Vision to begin with? Who cares? Go to Hockeytown Cafe or just watch it somewhere else; the video/sound quality will be a lot better anyway.

I was planning on going to Joe Vision. Now, I have to skip out of work to be able to make it to hockeytown early so I can score a decent seat.

Not everyone can afford the cost of going to the bar or resturant. $5 is cheap enough that most families can afford the price.

Not to mention that last year I managed to have a Cup Champs hat before Lidstrom was even presented the Cup. Same in 98 and 02. Damn NBC. :thumbdown:

I am sure hockeytown cafe will have the hats if everything goes to plan tomorrow. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Again, need I mention that it DOES NOT MATTER that you don't watch the game UNLESS YOU HAVE A NIELSEN RATINGS BOX?!!?!!?

And I have NEVER known anyone with this ratings box!!

To everyone childishly crying about NBC;

"A source familiar with the rights negotiations said the NHL asked NBC and CBC not to allow the Wings to broadcast the game."

So, stop blaming NBC for something the NHL told them to do.

Key word being there "asked"?

Edited by Tman77

oh great more evidence for the conspiracy.

That's not right. Bettman actually called NBC and tried to get NBC to show the games outside here in Pittsburgh and NBC wouldn't budge. Then CBC called the Penguins and said that they would let them show the games outside but the Penguins couldn't accept CBC's offer because NBC has the exclusive rights in the USA.

Here's what Eklund wrote for further proof:

The word was "The screen came down because word had it that NBC would not allow the screen. They wanted people to watch from home to help the ratings." That seemed ridiculous that NBC would be that shortsighted. So I went to work calling all of my contacts at NBC.

I was finally contacted by Brian Walker who is the Senior Director of Communications at NBC Spors. Brian emailed me some hope.

"This is an NHL Policy. I would check with the league. I can't speak for the NHL so you'll have to check with them but my understanding is the league communicated this policy to the clubs for games on broadcast television prior to the start of the playoffs."

GREAT! I thought. It must not be the NHL (they allowed it for Versus) so I went to clear that up and the NHL did.

"Of course it is NBC's call."

and then later

"If it's the NHL's policy, why did Versus do it Tuesday and Thursday. Ridiculous."

So I went back to Brian and told him that NBC had a golden opportunity here to thank the NHL fans for these superb ratings and bring back the screen. I told him I would give him two days of advertising for free Hockeybuzz.com to thank the fans.

Now I get word that they are reconsidering and I am pretty confident that this misunderstanding could turn into a HUGE PR win for NBC who I feel will do the right thing...

I am getting that impression.

After all, as I said in an email to NBC earlier today:

"What is being reported is that NBC wants those 8,000 people watching their TVs at home despite the fact that Pittsburgh has a 48 share! What would look better than to show those 8-10k people outside on NBC as they watch a GIANT screen broadcasting NBC to them. I know the argument that the NHL only has the 20k fans in the arena. Let's show the world otherwise"

But at this point the answers aren't coming and we need to step it up. Moments like this are too rare to not jump on. For the sake of our game I ask that you start making some calls.

I have many phone numbers of important people at NBC and their emails, but for now, on Saturday let's start at the top.

NBC is trying to put the blame on the NHL and that is an ABSOLUTE LIE! NBC only cares about themselves.

Edited by ClassyPensFan

So how much is the fine if they show the game at The Joe, and how quickly can we all raise the cash? Maybe the Illitch's just ante up the dough, maybe take a collection from the players to help, and show the game & just pay the fine! And there must be enough techies out there, how about grabbing an internet feed & throwing that up there? Ok, so 2 bad ideas... I got nothing.

That was last year.

As far as I know, nothing had changed from last year to this year. The NHL, is well, the NHL. NBC was showing the finals (same as this year). So what exactly is the difference??

So how much is the fine if they show the game at The Joe, and how quickly can we all raise the cash? Maybe the Illitch's just ante up the dough, maybe take a collection from the players to help, and show the game & just pay the fine! And there must be enough techies out there, how about grabbing an internet feed & throwing that up there? Ok, so 2 bad ideas... I got nothing.

I still like the way you think!!