• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PotbellyJoe

Congrats Pens, Good Season Wings...

Rate this topic

Good job to the Pens. They obviously wanted it more and it didn't help that "lady luck" wasn't on our side...sometimes the pucks just don't find the back of the net.

Too bad we had to force the game 7....nothing is never certain in hockey!

they had every right to get revenge on us man can you imagine hossa and conklin right now? I would hate to deal with the media Hossa is gonna go insane. In a way I'm relieved the season is over now I can go back to living normal and stop putting my heart through all this madness haha.

Outstanding season by the Penguins.....clearly they wanted it more. It is a cool story with the turnaround after the coaching change then they came back from being down 0-2 in two different series and won them both in game 7. Congrats.

Very good season for the Wings as well.

Guest Shoreline

ZOMG REFS/BETTMAN.. THEY HANDED IT TO CROSBY..

Seriously though, good playing by them, and way to shut the door on the Wings in the 3rd. Few teams could have pulled that off. They wanted it badly and it showed. Hopefully the Wings learn a lesson from this.

Turned the TV off though after the handshake since I can't stomach watching Crotchby raising the cup.

To the city of Pittsburgh and their fans, Congrats! You all deserve it! You have a hell of a team and great fans! Enjoy this Championship, its the best one in sports! Great Series!! Have fun this summer!!

The Red Wings learned tonight that the casual coasting to a 3rd period bail out is NOT the way to win hockey games. I love my Wings, I really do but the effort wasn't even there the 2nd half of the 1st period, or the ANY of the 2nd.. save for like, 2 minutes there at the end.

Props to the Penguins, they beat us to the puck.. they skated harder, fought harder, and won the battles. Detroit just made too many mistakes out there. I don't know what it is, I won't speculate who's hurt and who's just plain sucking right now. Tonight it was Pittsburgh > Detroit.

Wish it hadn't gotten this far.. but it did. So good job Pittsburgh, and we'll see what happens next year. We'll be in the playoffs... will you? ;)

Pens deserved it. Congrats to them.

Yep... They out hustled us and got the breaks they needed. I had a very bad and vivid dream about night's game two nights ago, and it came to fruition.

We were the fist winners to make it past the 1st round the next year for some time, you still gotta give the Wings their due. Thanks guys... you can't win it every year!

Edited by Gizmo

Good game Pens, Good series, Good Season. I wish it had ended better, but Detroit's year was good. We'll see what July 1st brings.

Just Happy the KID DID NOT A THING . HAHA :pokey:

Pens deserved it. Congrats to them.

I dont think malkin should have gotten the conn. it should have went to osgood. I think if osgood wasnt playing goal, you guys would have been hard pressed to get past anaheim and then chicago. osgood was smokin the entire playoffs.

Onmly real good thing today? Kunitz got his second ring. I think the penguins have a couple of former ducks. Even the coach was a duck....hopefully when we play you guys next season, you will remember that there were a few ducks on the other team....Great season though.

Ducks Win the Cup!

pits was the better team this series and deserved it. as much as i hate seeing crosby hoist that cup, they deserved it. the wings never seemed to have the consistent fire you need to win in the finals. none the less, that's the second best season you can have.

Congratulations Pittsburgh. You surely deserve this win. I don't like Crosby or Malkin but your team earned this win. I won't disappear just because of the loss. I said last year you have to lose it before you can win it. I sure as s*** didn't think it'd be the next year against my team but I won't leave without saying what needs to be said. Enjoy this summer because we sure won't. Enjoy the target on your backs next year.

GO WINGS GO!

Good game Pens, Good series, Good Season. I wish it had ended better, but Detroit's year was good. We'll see what July 1st brings.

Yea I feel the same way. I thought I would have been more pissed than I am if they lost but I feel like we did everything we could. I even watched the ceremony. :unsure: Fleury stole the game tonight, sometimes the puck just won't go in. We had the worst luck this series: uncalled icings and offsides that led to goals for them, UNCALLED TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE LOL, penalties, posts, etc. But these two teams are clearly the best and they are about as even as you can get. This game/series came down to a single crossbar. Who knows if that goes in what might happen in OT. Anyway yea wish the season would have ended better but good season none the less, we will be back.

P.S. A BIG FU TO HOSSA.

I took my medicine and watched the Cup handoff, I was impressed at how he handled it. It was difficult to watch, but it was surprising to see how humbled he was by the whole situation. It's going to be even more difficult to watch 12 months of Crosby-love, but we did not deserve to win the way we played. I have already called my 2 co-workers who are Penguins fans to congratulate them, and I congratulate the Penguins on their championship. Can't wait for October to do it all over again.