• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Evgeni Malkin wins the Conn Smythe

Rate this topic

Malkin was the best player through out the playoffs, I don't see any problem with this.

Of course he was a non-factor once we got Dastyuk back which makes me wonder what could have been if both teams played healthy, but that's playoffs for you same goes for the officiating.

Malkin played more consistently. Fleury was swiss a few nights remember.

The only issue I have with it is that the NHL didn't follow their own rule for his instigator penalty suspension. C'mon...either you have rules and follow them or don't have any!

Malkin played more consistently. Fleury was swiss a few nights remember.

The only issue I have with it is that the NHL didn't follow their own rule for his instigator penalty suspension. C'mon...either you have rules and follow them or don't have any!

true that, woulda never gone to 7 games, detroit woulda won game 3, remember malkin had 3 points in that game, obviously the game would be completely diff but still detroit woulda won.

Guest Architeuthis

Fleury won the cup. Malkin got them there. Hard choice but would have to pick Fleury after those last two saves. Congrats on a great season! See you next year. Same place, same time:)

Fleury won the cup. Malkin got them there. Hard choice but would have to pick Fleury after those last two saves. Congrats on a great season! See you next year. Same place, same time:)

Subtract the goals Malkin scored or was directly responsible for from TO's and making plays and the Pens lose in quite possibly a sweep depending on game 4's outcome while being shut out the first three games. I'd say he was a tincy bit worthy to win the Conn Smythe,

Edited by Vincanni

Malkin deserves it without a doubt. The guy had 36 points, including 14 goals, in just 23 games. The last time a guy scored at least 36 points was during the Kings' trip to the finals where Gretzky got 40 points in '92-'93.

He doesn't deserve it.

You're an idiot.

Yeah he doesn't deserve it. He only got the Pens through the first four games. That's a lot more consistent than anyone else in the series. Hence, why he won it.

You sound like those Pens fans who claimed that Zetterberg didn't deserve it last year.

Malkin consistanly showed up when he needed to and toughed it out. i honestly thought it would be crosby with his one goal and two assist. i can live with malkin winning it since he was really good this series. still hate the guy though, just thought i would put that in there.

You sound like those Pens fans who claimed that Zetterberg didn't deserve it last year.

Not quite. Big difference. Pens fans though their own player deserved it over Hank last year. Some people here think Fluery deserved it over Malkin. Neither of them are Wings.

If people were saying that one of the Wings should have won it (after losing the Cup), instead of Malkin, your comparison would make sense.

Malkin definately deserved it. Sure he didn't score once Pavel was back, but he did what Pav did all playoffs. He stepped up his defense, he was great in his own end. I hate to say it, but he may have just become the most complete player in the NHL, ahead of Pav.