• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EdmWingsFan

Brad Stuart Hands The Pens Victory

Rate this topic

In regard to Ozzie...

You know what's really interesting? When Fleury allowed those bad goals that bounced off the boards in game 1, I went to the Pens board and they blamed the boards, not the goalie for being out of position lol.

If that had happened to Ozzie, we woulda been looking for his immediate removal from the team.

In regard to Ozzie...

You know what's really interesting? When Fleury allowed those bad goals that bounced off the boards in game 1, I went to the Pens board and they blamed the boards, not the goalie for being out of position lol.

If that had happened to Ozzie, we woulda been looking for his immediate removal from the team.

which begs the question..

What is wrong with pens fans?

Same here. Excellent post.

In a game like this, everything is magnified so Stuart's going to get a lot of sh!t for his 2 big mistakes that seriously hurt us, but in the end we did lose as a team

I think it was more our depth guys didn't come through and theirs did- all their goals in games 6 & 7 were from Staal, Kennedy, and Talbot, and all we could get was one each from freakin' Draper and Ericsson

Hudler, Samuelsson, Cleary, guys that all scored in last year's finals all had very quiet series this time around, and it of course would have been nice if Hossa hadn't completely disappeared

Sometimes I think our depth hurt us in that the big guns maybe didn't feel enough pressure to score, that it was OK if they didn't b/c the depth would bail them out, which worked for awhile, but in the end of course caught up with us

Funny thread. It's Stuart's fault! It's Stuart's fault!

How about Osgood making the save he should've made on goal #2 and we'd be likely celebrating right now. Talbot was shooting all the way. That was obvious. Osgood was too far to his right and left way too much net to Talbot's right - so, so easy to pick, which he did. Did noone see the guys faces right after? Did no-one 'hear' the crowds silence? That was the turning point in the game. And this coming from me - who stood by him all season while he was called a bum around here.

Down 1-0, you are only thinking, one goal - one, and we're tied. But down two? f***. Now we need to score three to win. Big difference in your mindset.

Ozzie needed to make that save and he didn't. What a long ******* summer ....

Go jump off a bridge. Osgood was not at fault for tonight's abortion of a game.

No, he didn't have his best game as a Red Wing and he'd probably be the first one to tell you that. To be fair, the first turnover for the goal shold have been blown dead on an icing call. It wasn't so he has to live with that, not you or me. I'm glad he's a Red Wing though, he's really playing well overall. A great compliment to Kronwall.

Edited by Jersey Wing

Stu had a bad game, and it came at the worst time. For the most part I think he had a good playoffs.

Same here. Excellent post.

Further agreed, no more can we blame Erickson for blocking a pass and then letting Staal get the rebound. Overall team wasn't hungry enough, Pitt wanted it more, and we didn't get a bounce or a call in our favor.

I think Stuart is taking what happened pretty hard without us riding his ass. He knows that this was maybe his worst game he's ever played in a Wings jersey. He'll come through for us next season don't worry.

In a game like this, everything is magnified so Stuart's going to get a lot of sh!t for his 2 big mistakes that seriously hurt us, but in the end we did lose as a team

I think it was more our depth guys didn't come through and theirs did- all their goals in games 6 & 7 were from Staal, Kennedy, and Talbot, and all we could get was one each from freakin' Draper and Ericsson

Hudler, Samuelsson, Cleary, guys that all scored in last year's finals all had very quiet series this time around, and it of course would have been nice if Hossa hadn't completely disappeared

Sometimes I think our depth hurt us in that the big guns maybe didn't feel enough pressure to score, that it was OK if they didn't b/c the depth would bail them out, which worked for awhile, but in the end of course caught up with us

You may have a very good point. I thing I defended them for a while, but the reality they didn't step up much. There was way way way too much 3rd & 4th line scoring and not enough big names making big plays. Still won't chalk all our loss up to our failures with so many horrific calls leading directly to Pens goals, but we definitely didn't overcome the calls like we did in Ducks & Hawks series. Overall good season & would have liked to see what we could do with some justice in the calls each way... we'll be back next year, as we always are!

You may have a very good point. I thing I defended them for a while, but the reality they didn't step up much. There was way way way too much 3rd & 4th line scoring and not enough big names making big plays. Still won't chalk all our loss up to our failures with so many horrific calls leading directly to Pens goals, but we definitely didn't overcome the calls like we did in Ducks & Hawks series. Overall good season & would have liked to see what we could do with some justice in the calls each way... we'll be back next year, as we always are!

Yeah I did feel the Pens got very fortunate with the way the Finals were called b/c even Bylsma said they tried to copy what Anaheim did to us with all the subtle interference and late hits and they pretty well knew they would get away with a lot of it, I mean Matt Cooke and Hal Gill and Kunitz were total punks the entire series and none of them served more than a couple of minors, that and I think we were just too banged up by the time the Finals started, damn Conan O'Brien taking over for Leno, couldn't he have waited another week or two?

Was Brad Stuart a good defenseman for most of the year/playoffs? yes.

Did he make some great plays? yes.

Does he play at a level that deserves a place on our roster? yes.

However.

Two simple mistakes by Brad Stuart contributed very strongly to us losing this game. That is why he deserves the s*** he's getting.

Funny thread. It's Stuart's fault! It's Stuart's fault!

How about Osgood making the save he should've made on goal #2 and we'd be likely celebrating right now. Talbot was shooting all the way. That was obvious. Osgood was too far to his right and left way too much net to Talbot's right - so, so easy to pick, which he did. Did noone see the guys faces right after? Did no-one 'hear' the crowds silence? That was the turning point in the game. And this coming from me - who stood by him all season while he was called a bum around here.

Down 1-0, you are only thinking, one goal - one, and we're tied. But down two? f***. Now we need to score three to win. Big difference in your mindset.

Ozzie needed to make that save and he didn't. What a long ******* summer ....

It was a mix of Stuart and Osgood that caused the Wings to lose. First goal was the fault of Stuart and the linesman who failed to call blatant icing. Second goal was Stuart's poorly-timed pinch and Osgood's decision to leave the far side open for a RIGHT HANDED SHOOTER coming in on the LEFT SIDE. Where'd you think he was going to shoot, Chris? Short side? And you're a professional goalie in the NHL?

Edited by flip

That's because we were out of gas. For Wings 2008 cup healthy team, coming back in 30min from a 2 goal deficit was nothing

You people that call yourselves fans are amazing....blame the entire game on one player? Gimmie a break! He had a bad night, but the whole team sucked last night with the exception of a select few.

I would never blame the whole game on him but he was undeniably a huge factor in the outcome.

Whatever Stuart did or did not do all season or playoffs, he absolutely made hugely costly and dumb ass plays and though you may not be able to deal with it, you bet your ass he knows it. You guys might as well be his wife making all these excuses for him. He obviously can't deal with Game 7 pressure.

Though no goals came from it, can anyone say his slashing penalty showed Game 7 discipline and focus? How about Game 2 discipline and focus? It was stupidity. He absolutely should know better. WHy didn't he? Who cares. No excuse.

His give away for goal 1 was pathetic. Perhaps had he worked a little harder to get to the puck in the first place it wouldn't have been an issue, but to then make a limp wristed "pass" directly into TWO Penns!

Okay, was the game over at this point (or the bad pinch for goal 2?)? In retrospect yes it was.

And anyone who things being a fan means you can't call a guy out for playing like crap, get real. Who the hell are you to say who is or isn't a fan. The lowest form of life in sports is not the fair weather fan, but the Homer! As far as I'm concerned I would be happy never seeing him in a Wings jersey ever again. Just like Jason Bonehead Williams and his pure stupidity that cost us with the Ducks. Unforgivable and get the f*** out of here. I know it won't happen, but it would not make me sad.

Edited by Stiffy

Stuart was one of our best defensemen all spring, but he was completely to blame for the two goals. As soon as he took the puck behind the net and had two guys closing on him, I knew what was going to happen. Before he even passed the puck, I had seen this boneheaded play committed by the Wings before, I said "don't" and thats all I could get out before he did exactly what I know he would. That goes up the boards, Wings recover the puck, Pens maybe don't score first, etc. etc.

Here is Babcock explaining the loss:

"I thought we competed, and I thought we tried. But I never thought we got to the level we'd have liked to. We started good tonight, took a penalty. Then we had two crucial turnovers in the second period, and they scored."

Took a penalty: Stuart

Two crucial turnovers: Stuart and Stuart

No mystery here.

I think the worst thing he did was probably taking that penalty. Kronner had just laid a big hit that could be turned into a momentum surge for the Wings, and what does Stuart do? He slashes Malkin's stick in a completely harmless situation.

He wasn't the only one who needed to be better out there, but he made 3 (THREE) big mistakes that probably accounted for atleast 80% of why the Wings lost.

Take away any of those three mistakes and this game could have ended differently.

Sucks that he couldn't handle the pressure. Some players just can't.

You people that call yourselves fans are amazing....blame the entire game on one player? Gimmie a break! He had a bad night, but the whole team sucked last night with the exception of a select few.

Blame the entire game on one player? Yeah, pretty much. It pretty much was his fault. Just because we blame the guy that deserves to get blamed, "we're not fans?". Give ME a break.

I have been away from all things media lately.... so does anyone know why they waived off the icing on that play where Brad coughed it up? its not like any player could touch it up in the air on that lob and Brad was the first one back to lay a stick on it?

Brutal giveaway on the first goal, JUST go up the wall for Gawds sake! Then a bad pinch to give them the 2 on 1! He didn't handle pressure of game 7 very well.. Goodbye.

We scored a combined 2 goals in Game 6 and 7. That's why we lost.

We scored a combined 2 goals in Game 6 and 7. That's why we lost.

true dat! and thats exactly why the pens lost games 1 and 2 as well