• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dr. Sapirstein

Getting beat by Max freaking Talbot?

Rate this topic

Ya know....

You can say whatever you want about Maxime freakin' Talbot, and what a talentless hack he is, (and he IS), but facts are facts.....

He LED his Team, on his LIMITED talent, in a Game 7, ON THE ROAD, against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, to VICTORY, when the STARS on his Team could NOT produce, for whatever reason.

He skated the Cup on OUR ice, and PISSED on Marian freakin' Hossa's decision to leave the Pens for the "best chance" to Win the Cup.

Just as he SAID he WOULD!

And he EARNED that, while a man with TEN TIMES his talent, making MORE THAN TEN TIMES HIS SALARY.....

Did DICK ALL in defense of both the Cup, AND his decision.

Go ahead.....

Rip on a nobody like Talbot and hope to re-sign a "superstar" like Hossa.

There's logic for ya.

Ya know....

You can say whatever you want about Maxime freakin' Talbot, and what a talentless hack he is, (and he IS), but facts are facts.....

He LED his Team, on his LIMITED talent, in a Game 7, ON THE ROAD, against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, to VICTORY, when the STARS on his Team could NOT produce, for whatever reason.

He skated the Cup on OUR ice, and PISSED on Marian freakin' Hossa's decision to leave the Pens for the "best chance" to Win the Cup.

Just as he SAID he WOULD!

And he EARNED that, while a man with TEN TIMES his talent, making MORE THAN TEN TIMES HIS SALARY.....

Did DICK ALL in defense of both the Cup, AND his decision.

Go ahead.....

Rip on a nobody like Talbot and hope to re-sign a "superstar" like Hossa.

There's logic for ya.

I don't often agree with what you say but you are spot on here. The Pens 3rd line broke our back and out worked us and gave us more cause for concern then ol'e Crosby. Staal had a great play off and he really was an unsung hero for the Pens win I think, Talbot too. We had too many ghosts playing on our team and not enough fight when we needed it. We were capable of taking any game over in my opinion but the heart ad desparation was not there to mak it happen.

I don't often agree with what you say but you are spot on here. The Pens 3rd line broke our back and out worked us and gave us more cause for concern then ol'e Crosby. Staal had a great play off and he really was an unsung hero for the Pens win I think, Talbot too. We had too many ghosts playing on our team and not enough fight when we needed it. We were capable of taking any game over in my opinion but the heart ad desparation was not there to mak it happen.

I love you Max "superstar" Talbot!! don't ever change!!!

!!!

Why ripping on Talbot? The guy showed up for Game 7 that's for damn sure. I'll take a "low talent" guy with heart any day. In fact, we could use a few more, or haven't you been paying attention?

And that is the crux of it.

Last year?

They were inspired to Win for Dally. And so they followed Dally's lead, played the Game the way that Dally played. Heart. Grit. Not-so-much-talent-but-lay-EVERYTHING-on-the-line effort.

This year?

They were inspired to Win it for Marian Hossa. And so they followed Hossa's lead, and played the Game the way Hossa played it.

The difference was quite evident.

QUITE evident.

The Cup was there, RIGHT THERE for the taking.....

And they didn't step up. Period.

A nobody like Talbot stepped up. Why? Because he obviously wanted to prove to Marian Hossa that heart means more than skill when the CUP is on the line.

Message received. Loud and Clear.

Guest Shoreline
Sorry, I edited my previous post to mention that hits are not the only notable physical play. The Board & corner battles, the fighting for position in front of the net, and just the mean spirited chips, shots and shoves that we do not engage in. Hudler was knocked around like a pansy, so was Sammy. Too many players not digging in to win the battles that make a team a winner. If the fancy play is working run with it, if its not we needed to play in the ugly spots and win in the tough physical spots... didn't happen and it took the ultimate toll.

It sounds like you're mixing hard work ethic (going to the net) and an offensive strategy (working the boards) with toughness which I thought was merely being physical. Unless I'm mistaken and toughness now means everything?

We did out hit the Ducks, but that series did take alot out of us. Whether it was physicality, the long drawn out games, or the fact that for an 8th seed they just didnt go away. I believe if we had played anyone else in the 2nd round, we'd be champs right now. But that means nothing now.

Good point.

If we played the Ducks in the first round, which we almost did, we may have never even made it close to the Finals.

Also, the Sharks would have had home ice against us, and that would have been a tougher series for us than playing the Hawks.

I still think the Ducks were a tougher matchup for us than the Pens.

Good point.

If we played the Ducks in the first round, which we almost did, we may have never even made it close to the Finals.

Also, the Sharks would have had home ice against us, and that would have been a tougher series for us than playing the Hawks.

I still think the Ducks were a tougher matchup for us than the Pens.

I don't agree.

I think if they'd met the Ducks in the first Round they would've taken them in 5, 6 max.

What made that Series drag out was the fact that the Ducks had alot of faith after beating the #1 seed, (yeah.....I know....it was the Sharks, but still), and the Wings were a bit complacent after steamrolling the Jax.

A bit more adversity, earlier on, might have forced them to not believe their own press so much.

Sorry, I edited my previous post to mention that hits are not the only notable physical play. The Board & corner battles, the fighting for position in front of the net, and just the mean spirited chips, shots and shoves that we do not engage in. Hudler was knocked around like a pansy, so was Sammy. Too many players not digging in to win the battles that make a team a winner. If the fancy play is working run with it, if its not we needed to play in the ugly spots and win in the tough physical spots... didn't happen and it took the ultimate toll.
That's exactly it! We saw the same things.

Why rip on Talbot?

Role players, fourth liners, grinders - whatever you want to call them, have all made huge impacts in the playoffs for years.

Clark Gillies, Mike Keene - just a couple come to mind.

Good grief man. It's really sad to read some of these threads.

But that's just my opinion. I just don't understand some posters' logic.

Anyone remember D-Mac's spin-o-rama against the Avs years ago? Yeah, D-Mac was ALL skill.

Guest Shoreline
Why rip on Talbot?

Role players, fourth liners, grinders - whatever you want to call them, have all made huge impacts in the playoffs for years.

Clark Gillies, Mike Keene - just a couple come to mind.

Good grief man. It's really sad to read some of these threads.

But that's just my opinion. I just don't understand some posters' logic.

Anyone remember D-Mac's spin-o-rama against the Avs years ago? Yeah, D-Mac was ALL skill.

Was that part of his hat trick? Or do you mean the undressing of Niinimaa in 97?

But yeah you're absolutely right. Role players kept the Wings sailing into the Finals and even keeping this team alive to have a chance at winning the cup when most of the stars expected to step up simply didn't. This team goes nowhere without Abdelkader, Flip, Helm, and Leino. I hope they're all Wings for a long time.

THANK YOU Sapir!!!! I f you don't agree with this dude you're freakin crazy. How the hell could they let Tyler f-in Kennedy and Maxime F-in Talbot own them like that. I mean come on, that ****** spears Ozzy after the whistle, whacks Dats' injured foot and NO freakin consequence. Then to single-handedly WINS GAME 7. Hey Max you wanna kick my dog while you're here.? WAKE UP Detroit. How the HELL can you let this f#@%ing ***** cheapshot your stars and NO ONE DOES ANYTHING but let be the hero of GM7. No we don't need to get any tougher. I hope Holland can see what alot of you can't!

Neil, Laperrier PLEASE!!!!

I would like to see Laperrier with a winged wheel. He's tough, loyal, can play and wouldn't cost that much...but he'll probably still be wearing an Av sweater next year.

THANK YOU Sapir!!!! I f you don't agree with this dude you're freakin crazy. How the hell could they let Tyler f-in Kennedy and Maxime F-in Talbot own them like that. I mean come on, that ****** spears Ozzy after the whistle, whacks Dats' injured foot and NO freakin consequence. Then to single-handedly WINS GAME 7. Hey Max you wanna kick my dog while you're here.? WAKE UP Detroit. How the HELL can you let this f#@%ing ***** cheapshot your stars and NO ONE DOES ANYTHING but let be the hero of GM7. No we don't need to get any tougher. I hope Holland can see what alot of you can't!

Neil, Laperrier PLEASE!!!!

It would have been less painful if we would have lost because of Crosby or Malkin. But Maxime "freaking" Talbot distributing cheap shots at Datsyuk on our home rink and playing like Gordie Howe all of a sudden in game 7???

That would have made it much worse for me.

Could you imagine the hype then?

Edited by MidMichSteve

as a pens fan:

one of your bright new stars totally turtled against tyler (4'2") kennedy

your biggest star clearly wanted nothing to do with (i've NEVER thrown a punch in anger) malkin

although i have always believed that when the league really starts to enforce all its rules game in and game out, the canadian boys would be out of work, until that happens , you have to have a mix of north american players who are tough and keep the other team in check. im not talking about goons obviously, they should still be able to score on an empty net ha ha.

it was awesome to see max "freaking" talbot do it for our club. many posters here have stated repeatedly that the wings would beat the pens because the wings were a TEAM and the Pens were 2 players. Having our role players step up was crucial given zet's work against crosby.

but just as important is that is, when a 3rd or 4th line player "takes one for the team" as talbot did in philly, or "dishes one out for the team" the momentum swing can be HUGE

I'm already starting to hear it from Sharks fans.. get used to it when you live in another team's area.

Sharks fans? I can't believe you'd let sharks fans of all ppl off on that shore. What do they have to brag about from last playoffs exactly..

as a pens fan:

one of your bright new stars totally turtled against tyler (4'2") kennedy

Who? Are you talking about Kunitz?

your biggest star clearly wanted nothing to do with (i've NEVER thrown a punch in anger) malkin

And he ended up fighting back anyway.

but just as important is that is, when a 3rd or 4th line player "takes one for the team" as talbot did in philly, or "dishes one out for the team" the momentum swing can be HUGE

The only way he dished it out was in offense in the finals. There was no momentum swing.

Sharks fans? I can't believe you'd let sharks fans of all ppl off on that shore. What do they have to brag about from last playoffs exactly..

Or last season's playoffs, or the season before that, or the season before that. Three consecutive 2nd round losses.

My team is the Red Wings! HUGE FAN! I get insults from Hab fans all winter long at the local outdoor rink.

I am so pissed off though...

It would have been less painful if we would have lost because of Crosby or Malkin. But Maxime "freaking" Talbot distributing cheap shots at Datsyuk on our home rink and playing like Gordie Howe all of a sudden in game 7???

This would never have happened in the McCarty and Probert days, NEVER!!!

This must be a bad dream or something...

Nah, the loss is a loss is a loss no matter who scored on the other team....Crosby wasn't doing crap'ola''(talk about someone NOT showing up) if Talbot scored and Fleury defended....so be it....I think its funny that the Pens "STAR CAPTAIN" ALL MIGHTY PLAYER CROSBY......didn't even get to play much in Game 7...poor baby had an injury.....nothing like any of our guys....(that still played) I say the SECOND best team won and the Best team just didn't have their normal strength on their side.......Crosby shouldn't even of touched the Cup first....what the hell did he do for it?! At least our guy that wears the "C" on his shirt acts and PLAYS like a Captain.......we are the better team......and we don't have mean ass players b/c we don't really NEED them .....but it would be nice to have just one or two that could just lay someone out after they take a cheap shot on one of our guys! Sometimes it's the players you don't give much credit to that surprise you in the end! I mean....Fleury had to have lost some fat off his ass (or gained) because nothing was bouncing off that thing in Game 6 or 7!!!! LMAO! Sorry....had to say it! :lol::lol: