• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 wingfan4ever

wingfan4ever

Forever and ever...

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

Thank you, Red Wings for a great season of lots of intense and fun hockey! It will be a loooong summer without any games to watch. I'm very proud to be a Wings fan and cheer for such a poised, mature, successful and respectable team who never let their fans down. See ya next season!
Posted Image

#22 Jiri the man

Jiri the man

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (SouthernHockeyHoney @ June 15, 2009 - 04:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am amazed that with all the adverstity they faced, that the Wings managed to get as far as they did. Call it sour grapes, but it is my belief tht this cup is tainted.

Is it possible for anyone to play inside a system for 82 games and then be expected to play inside an entirely different system for the playoffs? The Wings have been amazing adapting to the new "NHL" with the rules on holding, obstructing, interfering, etc., and played the game within the rules that were put upon them better than anyone else in the league. To expect them to play at the same level and with the same success when the league takes the entire rule book and tosses it out the window is positively ludicrous.

It has been argued that the number of power plays throughout the series with the Penguins was pretty much even for both teams. I don't believe that can even be considered a valid argument for 1 very important reason. The number of penalties "CALLED" was even, more or less. I give you that. However, the number of "UNCALLED" penalties was undeniably one-sided. So, given any given game, Detroit commits 10 penalties, and are called for 2 or three of them. Pittsburgh commits 20 or more penalties and are called for 2 or 3 of them. How is that equitable?

I do not believe that the best team won this series. I believe that the league won this series for the Penguins, and that if they only way to win the cup is to pretty much have it handed to you, well, that's even worse than 2nd best.

Contratulations Detroit. Have a great off-season, rest up, heal up, and I'm looking forward to another great year next year.

THANKS!
Thanks RED WINGS you guy's are the classest team to ever take the ice.The pens are about the worst.classless bunch of brats. ranting.gif

If it's possible it can be done right away,If it's impossible it will take a little longer.

Gen George Patton.

#23 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

I don't even have any final words....
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#24 The Noodle 39

The Noodle 39

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

I think this is the worse loss in Red Wings history... It hurts so much and to lose to the Pens? There Captain didn't even do anything in the finals and we still lost and had to see him raise the cup! BLEH!!!! ranting.gif

Was a fun season and hopefully our boys will be ready to go for another run at the cup next season! Go Wings Go!! That cup is ours next year!!

Thank you Teeman!

#25 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

Thank you Detroit Red Wings for a great year. I have made many great memories this year while watching you.

I was lucky to have gone to many games this year with a great friend aka Hockey Buddy and family members. I was also able to take my mom to her first ever Red Wings game, she had a blast and it was a great bonding moment with her and my brother.

I also got to hang out with my nieces and nephews. They joined in the cheering and took hand fulls of Hot Tamales to fire up the team.

I had an awesome time and I cant wait for the next season. Hope my Hockey Buddy is ready to knock it out!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif

#26 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

My final words.. I'm bummed that I didn't get the chance to call out this moron and hold him to his promise:
(after a loss against the Blues in April, also notice he mispelled literally)
QUOTE (steveyzerman @ April 3, 2009 - 04:34AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll tell you what, if we win the cup, I will LITERALY bite the head off of a crow, swallow it, & upload the video here.

Shame. I would have loved to see that vid.

This season had it's shares of downs, moments when the team played the most terrible hockey I've ever seen the Wings play, but it only made the ups (and they were many) feel even better.

Overall I'm just happy to be a fan of this team. Two straight years in the SCF, and so close to back-to-back cups, and we're still not happy. We'll win again, and we'll lose again. We need to enjoy the fact that we have a team that does a hell of a lot more winning than losing. There are many, many teams that would kill to lose a Game 7 of the SCF. Just to be able to say that they were there.

Thank you Red Wings for a great 2008-2009 even though you didn't go quite all the way. And thank you LGW'ers for making the season a lot more fun beerchug.gif

#27 Taboni

Taboni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (HadThomasVokounOnFortSt @ June 15, 2009 - 05:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't even have any final words....

Sure You do...(Repete after Jiri Hudler) bigsmile.gif

#28 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

My final words (my english is not so good):

It was nice to wake up in the middle of the night, just to watch you on a lagging stream, to affront Ozzy for his mistakes in the regular season, but to admire him for his performace in the Playoffs, just to see how Marian shows his excellence on the ice in the first 82 games, and struggle in the postseason, but he´s still a top-performer for the wings! To see Pavel be awarded as the MVP and then hiding in the Playoffs, but nobody recognized his effort to set up goals for others.... watching Nicklas as his best, and still be critized from some people. I watched Henrik, who wasn´t lucky the whole season, but he showed an overwhelming performance in the Playoffs!

This team is great! And it was worth to wake up at 2 a.m., to watch our team!

We will win the cup next year!

#29 Feathers

Feathers

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

Thanx for the great ride!

Bummed about the final loss but getting over it. Life moves on and then there's always next season.
"Sweat at least once a day." Chris Chelios - when asked what was his key to longevity.

#30 MIN8TV

MIN8TV

Red Wings 11!

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

It doesn't mean a thing without the ring. Coming in 2nd is the first loser. I still can't believe we lost game 7 on home ice. It's just all very sad. It shouldn't have ended the way it did. thumbdown.gif

#31 blackbarbie11

blackbarbie11

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about.... The Red Wings had a great season, and have won several Stanley Cup finals. So they didn't win this year's, so what. They are still champions!

#32 drfnr14

drfnr14

OZZY, WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

no more teases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#33 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Taboni @ June 15, 2009 - 05:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure You do...(Repete after Jiri Hudler) bigsmile.gif

I do now... wow.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#34 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

I'm really proud of this team. This was an AMAZING season no matter how you look at it.

They literally took us, as fans, as far as they could possibly go in the season ... Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Granted, they didn't win the big prize at the end that we were all hoping for, but making it THAT FAR, two years in a row, is a huge accomplishment in of itself.

I think I remember hearing we were the first Cup defending team in .... dammit, I forget how many years ... to even get past the first round. Going into the playoffs, I didn't even expect us to get past the 2nd round. It's just that hard to repeat these days and the playoffs are just that unpredictable. So the fact that we came as THAT CLOSE to repeating definitely exceeded my expectations.

Yes, I'm sad and upset and angry about the loss. Yes, it hurts something terrible. But just going back and looking at everything we've done this year, and the fact that we even got as far as we did is something to celebrate.

Thanks for the ride, Red Wings. Let's do it again next year.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#35 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Stuart, I forgive you on one condition, you never forgive yourself. That's right, come next playoff season you will be the smartest, most well positioned, least penalized, most hitting, highest +/-, most energized hustling D man in every single shift of every single game.

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

i've been a wings fan my whole life and will continue to be until i die. they've been good to me. i get as pissed as all of you when they don't win the cup, but that's the best thing about being a wings fan is you expect them to win it every year. how many fans can say that about their team??

Wings fans...that's who.

lets enjoy the offseason, speculate, and talk about how the wings are gonna come out hungry as ever and win it all next season.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#37 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (The Noodle 39 @ June 15, 2009 - 05:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this is the worse loss in Red Wings history...

Me thinks the Wings fans back in 1942, when the team was up 3-0 and then lost the next four games, would beg to differ.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#38 redwinger21

redwinger21

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

I couldn't agree more with the general gist of this thread. I have sat around since Friday night, not only still adjusting to life without a beard, but also realizing how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful team. We would love for them to win it all every year, but if they did that then the sport wouldn't be held in such a high regard.

I am still coping with the attachment issues of not having my beard, has anyone started a support group for this yet anywhere on here?

I trust Holland and the management to make the correct decision with Hossa. If it works, they will keep him. They managerial actions are the reason we have made the playoffs since 1990.

No more 2008-09, onwards to 09-10! Let's Go Wings!
DRW: The class of all professional sports teams...since 1926

#39 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Last words:

There's no point looking back. The only thing that matters now is what we do to change our future, and what we do to get the Cup back.

-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#40 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson
NY Giants beat the Patriots
Mine That Bird won the Kentucky Derby