• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snazzy

Worst NHL Team Names, Logos, or Colors?

Rate this topic

I can't believe no one has mention the California Golden Seals logo yet.

cgs.png

or the KC scouts.

kcs.png

or the Islanders Gordon fisherman jersey.

nyi95.png

IMO, this has to be the worst logo.

ana953rd.png

Edited by timothy1997

Logos

Best (I'll leave the Hawks out of all of these)

#1 Anaheim Ducks

#2 Carlolina Hurricanes

#3 San Jose Sharks

Worst

#1 Buffalo Sabres (I like the one they use with alternates with the Buffalo and swords)

#2 Tampa Bay Lightning

#3 New York Islanders

Jerseys

Best

#1 Washington Capitals

#2 Boston Bruins

#3 Detroit Red Wings

Worst

#1 Buffalo Sabres

#2 LA Kings

#3 Phoenix Coyotes

Names

Best

#1 Carolina Hurricanes

#2 Colorado Avalanche

#3 Calgary Flames

Worst

#1 (Go ahead and flame, but this is NOT biased)- Detroit Red Wings

#2 Pittsburgh Penguins- Penguins don't seem intimidating

#3 Toronto Maple Leafs

Worst in the league:

1. All Time. VANCOUVER CANUCKS. From the black and yellow skate, to the "V", to the Orca, they have NEVER HAD A GOOD JERSEY OR LOGO. They SUCK. And adding the word "VANCOUVER" to that crap logo does not make it ok. The best of the worst was their original "stick" logo and colors. Just use that.

2. Minnesota Wild. Color scheme is horrible and jerseys are BORING. I collect jerseys and will not buy one of theirs.

3. Tampa Bay Lightning. From the god-awful jerseys to the horrible logo, to adding lighting bolts down the side, and the ridiculous font of the numbers, it's just wrong. All over.

Honorable Mention: Colorado Avalanche. The stupid teal and maroon is so 90's (Pistons), the foot on the shoulder, again with the lame font on the numbers, it's just wrong. And you can't make it right by making your alternate jersey say 'COLORADO" on the front like the Rangers. You just can't.

Recent Disaster: Dallas Stars. What Happened? They used to look cool. They had the big star on them, looked nice. Then all the alternates. The one with "DALLAS" across the front. The Steer Head. Just stop it. Please.

Good Jerseys that should NEVER BE MESSED WITH:

1. Red Wings

2. Hawks Road Jersey (my favorite red)

3. Bruins road jersey

4. Montreal Canadiens

5. Toronto Maple Leafs

Notice all the teams with tradition are listed? Pick a logo and stick with it, it will become a classic. Stop chasing trends with jersey design.

That is all.

Penguins I cannot take seriously. They are so cute. And their jerseys look like Disney.

The Ducks logo is stupid. It's not really a logo, just the word "Ducks." Doesn't take too much creativity. And Ducks aren't that intimidating either.

Wild I hate because it's not really a tangible or easily-defined object.

Senators have kinda a stupid name. I get that the logo is a warrior type person but when I hear "senators" I think about old rich incompetent men corrupting Washington.

The Capitals have a logo that is way too flashy. I liked the old one better.

Out of the logos I like the best, I have to say Wings, Canadiens, Leafs, Bruins, and Flames.

I hate the Nashville and Phoenix color schemes.

I hate the Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, and Columbus logos.

I like the Sharks, Flames, Islanders, Red Wings, and Panthers as names.

I love the color schemes of the Habs, Wings, Leafs, Kings, Oilers, Thrashers, Canes, and Canucks.

Logos

Best (I'll leave the Hawks out of all of these)

#1 Anaheim Ducks

#2 Carlolina Hurricanes

#3 San Jose Sharks

Worst

#1 Buffalo Sabres (I like the one they use with alternates with the Buffalo and swords)

#2 Tampa Bay Lightning

#3 New York Islanders

Jerseys

Best

#1 Washington Capitals

#2 Boston Bruins

#3 Detroit Red Wings

Worst

#1 Buffalo Sabres

#2 LA Kings

#3 Phoenix Coyotes

Names

Best

#1 Carolina Hurricanes

#2 Colorado Avalanche

#3 Calgary Flames

Worst

#1 (Go ahead and flame, but this is NOT biased)- Detroit Red Wings

#2 Pittsburgh Penguins- Penguins don't seem intimidating

#3 Toronto Maple Leafs

You pick the Flames as one of the best? The Flames have to be one of the most generic names for a team, not only in hockey but global across all sports.

You pick the Flames as one of the best? The Flames have to be one of the most generic names for a team, not only in hockey but global across all sports.

At my Highschool we were the Flames.

Our uniforms were way cooler though.

spotmar24champs.jpg

This was our girls team. They are nicer to look at then me and my friends.

spotmar24champs.jpg

Those are better than Calgary's...but that ***** in the middle :lol:

The one that puzzles me the most is the Sharks. It's an interesting paradox. Yeah, I'm intimidated by the sharp teeth and the efficiency with which a shark kills its prey, but how are you going to win the friggin game with a broken hockey stick?

The one that puzzles me the most is the Sharks. It's an interesting paradox. Yeah, I'm intimidated by the sharp teeth and the efficiency with which a shark kills its prey, but how are you going to win the friggin game with a broken hockey stick?

:hysterical:

Slapshot with a dorsal fin?

Guest lnvincible

spotmar24champs.jpg

STA eh? I go to Saunders , sta is always a Juggernat.

Those are better than Calgary's...but that ***** in the middle :lol:

Hahaha its a girls hockey team. A lesbian or two was bound to sneak in... she wasn't even very good.

What the hell is with the Sabres? I've been a Sabres fan since the mid-90's. They replaced one the best logos in sports with one of the worst,everyone hates it, the fans have petitioned the org to get them to change it back and they won't. WTF. They said if it's a Gm7 SCF they'll wear the old logo. In other words never gonna happen.

And whats up with teams changing their colors to navy blue (Rams, Canucks,Sabres, Padres)??? Pretty soon every team in sports is going to be navy blue. Way to be original.

What the hell is with the Sabres? I've been a Sabres fan since the mid-90's. They replaced one the best logos in sports with one of the worst,everyone hates it, the fans have petitioned the org to get them to change it back and they won't. WTF. They said if it's a Gm7 SCF they'll wear the old logo. In other words never gonna happen.

And whats up with teams changing their colors to navy blue (Rams, Canucks,Sabres, Padres)??? Pretty soon every team in sports is going to be navy blue. Way to be original.

One of the best logos in sports? Ugh, the old Sabres logo was lame. Zero imagination. Let's see, we're the Buffalo Sabres, so let's have.....a buffalo! And some sabres! In a circle. I don't like the Buffaslug either but at least it doesn't look like management cut the budget for a graphic designer and glued cutouts from a magazine onto a paper plate. Lame.

I don't know what you're complaining about with the navy blue.....the Canucks have a lighter blue than the Sabres used to. Which was originally pretty dark anyway, so it's not like they suddenly switched.

Yeah. The New England Patriots: their nickname is patriots so their logo is a patriot: ZERO IMAGINATION. And the Stars. They picked a Star as their logo. How unimaginative. And those Eagles. Ha, Eagles wings on the helmet? WTF? Anyone coulda came up with that. The Kings with that crown. Yeah real original. My favorite: Bears, with a freakin bear as the mascot. Who couldn't have thought of that. And heres the best one of all. Red Wings. Gee. Der. We're Red Wings. So let's be Red... And have a wing on our Jersey.

Yeah. The New England Patriots: their nickname is patriots so their logo is a patriot: ZERO IMAGINATION. And the Stars. They picked a Star as their logo. How unimaginative. And those Eagles. Ha, Eagles wings on the helmet? WTF? Anyone coulda came up with that. The Kings with that crown. Yeah real original. My favorite: Bears, with a freakin bear as the mascot. Who couldn't have thought of that. And heres the best one of all. Red Wings. Gee. Der. We're Red Wings. So let's be Red... And have a wing on our Jersey.

Don't ask me to defend the Stars' logo - it too is lame. But in the rest of those cases - at least someone designed those. Put some actual effort into it, like. You're a self-professed Sabres fan so you've got no objectivity, and there's nothing wrong with that. But speaking as someone without any emotional connection, the Sabres' old logo is one of a family of thoroughly uninspired '70s-era logos (the Isles and Oilers would be the others) that honestly were probably designed by the suits and not real artists. (In the case of the Islanders, this is actually true.) Their only appeal is that they're old.

Sure, the Patriots' logo is a patriot. Compare their old patriot and their current one and you see what I'm talking about.

Just curious, what would a good and imaginative Buffalo Sabres logo be? BTW, if I lacked objectivity and blindly liked anything Buffalo then I would like the new Sabres logo too. I mean c'mon look at the original 6 logos. Whats so great about them (Bruins, Canadiens, Leafs, Rangers) Chicagos are cool but the rest are no more imaginative than any from the 70s. The only reason people like them is the tradition (ie They are old).

Just curious, what would a good and imaginative Buffalo Sabres logo be? BTW, if I lacked objectivity and blindly liked anything Buffalo then I would like the new Sabres logo too. I mean c'mon look at the original 6 logos. Whats so great about them (Bruins, Canadiens, Leafs, Rangers) Chicagos are cool but the rest are no more imaginative than any from the 70s. The only reason people like them is the tradition (ie They are old).

If you're asking me to draw a decent Sabres logo, I'm not a graphic designer, so nothing I come up with would be any better. That's why I don't like the old logo. I could come up with that. The shoulder patch logo is better, and the best logo the Sabres ever had was the one they had when they wore black and red. Put that logo in the proper Sabres colors of blue and gold and un-stupid the striping patterns and that'd be their best look.

I don't know why you're bothering to quote the O6 logos at me. I don't recall ever mentioning them. The Leafs' logo is as lame as it gets.

On the other hand, I have yet to hear you actually defend the Sabres old logo, hm? You've set up a fine army of straw men by acting like I talked about the Rangers logo or something, but why is the old Sabres' logo so great?

09-0201_CH_1912_Jersey.jpg

This Montreal jersey was pretty bad for modern times.

Though I am pretty much a fan of most of the O-6 team jersies and logos. One of my favorites is the off white Toronto jersey from 1967.

ur Crazy. All I'm sayin is no logo is all that imaginative. The only thing that really makes a logo cool is the tradition behind it. What the hell else are they gonna put on there? A Buffalo and two freakin Sabres. How is the shoulder patch better? YOU couldn't come up with a B and a Sabre sword? I mean its not a Dali painting. Its not gonna be that imaginative. Teams should just stick to their logo let it become tradition. you wanna talk about cookie-cutter logos. everyone wants to go for this sharp-angled futuristc thing. Compare the Buffaslug, Patriots new logo, Carolina Panthers logo, Rams. That s*** is so yr. 2000. I'd rather be traditional the new wave.

What is a cool and "imaginative" logo in your book?