• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ACallToArms

Red Wings jersey question

Rate this topic

I have an older CCM replica Red Wings jersey. I haven't noticed this until recently, but it doesn't have the NHL puck logo patch on the lower right side of the hemline. Noticed that pretty much every other CCM jersey I see around town does include this logo. Just wondering if I've been walking around with an impostor all this time, or if the logo patch is something the post-reebok CCM jerseys have? My jersey says that its made in Canada on the tag, and actually feels a lot sturdier than a lot of the other jerseys I've come across that are now made in Indonesia. The lettering is made of the same material that the on-ice jerseys have, and is stitched on.

I'm now jersey guru, so I just wanted to see what's up with mine. Don't really care, the sweater looks great and I'll continue to wear it, just curious. Thanks!

I have an older CCM replica Red Wings jersey. I haven't noticed this until recently, but it doesn't have the NHL puck logo patch on the lower right side of the hemline. Noticed that pretty much every other CCM jersey I see around town does include this logo. Just wondering if I've been walking around with an impostor all this time, or if the logo patch is something the post-reebok CCM jerseys have? My jersey says that its made in Canada on the tag, and actually feels a lot sturdier than a lot of the other jerseys I've come across that are now made in Indonesia. The lettering is made of the same material that the on-ice jerseys have, and is stitched on.

I'm now jersey guru, so I just wanted to see what's up with mine. Don't really care, the sweater looks great and I'll continue to wear it, just curious. Thanks!

No, the puck logo was a not-too-long-ago addition and were only added to the cheaper "replica" jerseys instead of the heavier-weighted, fight-strapped, reinforced elbow "authentic" jerseys. I don't know exactly when the puck logo was added, but I'm guessing that it was not long before the lock-out or just after it.

Edited by Gizmo

No, the puck logo was a not-too-long-ago addition and were only added to the cheaper "replica" jerseys instead of the heavier-weighted, fight-strapped, reinforced elbow "authentic" jerseys. I don't know exactly when the puck logo was added, but I'm guessing that it was not long before the lock-out or just after it.

Mine isn't authentic, it doesn't have a fight strap. Doesn't have anything on the hem, its just blank. The fabric is like in between the authentics and the replicas they sell now, a little heavier but not as much as an authentic.

Thanks for the info!

It just means its an older version of the previous years (pre-reebok)

I believe the puck was introduced on the back the same time that KOHO/CCM were put into the fabric on the back of the next (if i am not mistaken)

I have jersies with the CCM logo painted in the lower corner, with no logo or anything down there, and then some with the puck.

You don't have an imposter just think of it as a relic now :D

Agree with everyone else, it's probably a 90s replica. In the mid-90s the CCM replicas had the CCM logo and a small team logo glued to the back hem. I think before that they just screened on a red, white and blue CCM, which was really cheap and usually peeled off quickly. If it's not either of those, I'm guessing it dates to around 1997-2000, after they stopped putting the team logo on.

Agree with OsGOD, I think the puck logo first came along when they started putting the CCM (and Koho) above the name on the neck and was retired when Reebok took over.

Got bored so i took some picks of examples :lol:

Silly screened on CCM logo (as you can see...peeled off) Coffey Jersey

DSC08729.jpg

Starter's version of a jersey -- Shanahan

DSC08730.jpg

Pro Players version of a jersey -- Black Osgood

DSC08731.jpg

CCM before they moved logo to the back of the neck -- Chelios Jersey

DSC08732.jpg

CCM/KOHO after they moved to the back of the neck -- Rivers Jersey

DSC08733.jpg

Edited by OsGOD

Got bored so i took some picks of examples :lol:

Pro Players version of a jersey -- Black Osgood

DSC08731.jpg

Regarding the black jersey, did they ever actually wear anything like that in a game, or are they just for merchandising purposes? Reason I ask is because I have a blank one, but a couple of years ago I saw someone selling a "game-worn" black Martin Lapointe jersey, and I did not recall ever seeing the Red Wings wear the black jersey in a game. Can anyone set the record straight?

Edited by bonan78

Regarding the black jersey, did they ever actually wear anything like that in a game, or are they just for merchandising purposes? Reason I ask is because I have a blank one, but a couple of years ago I saw someone selling a "game-worn" black Martin Lapointe jersey, and I did not recall ever seeing the Red Wings wear the black jersey in a game. Can anyone set the record straight?

it was for merchandising only... much like that hideous powder blue one they made!!!

Now are you sure the one you sold for sale wasn't a practice jersey? that could have been used by Lapointe

Thanks for the info everyone. Mine looks pretty much exactly like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pavel-Datsyuk-Red-Wing...93%3A2|294%3A50

CCM logo on top above the name, nothing on the hem. I'll assume its real since it has the tags and what not on it (mine did too when I bought it). Perhaps produced sometime between putting the wings logo on the hem to moving to the puck logo?

I have an authentic Yzerman Nike sweater and it has both the Nike swoosh and the NHL shield on the hem (black and orange at the time). I never really paid too much attention to what was on the hem, except to make sure it had embroidered patches and not the rubberized iron-on ones.

it was for merchandising only... much like that hideous powder blue one they made!!!

Now are you sure the one you sold for sale wasn't a practice jersey? that could have been used by Lapointe

Normally, practice jerseys don't have names and numbers, and are shuffled around every day. They're thrown in the hamper after practice, washed, and hung back up... but other than size (which I'm guessing the team has all the same size unless someone's HUGE) there are no identifying marks. I don't think the Wings are any different than most teams...

It's probably like the black one you have, and someone's just trying to take advantage of a sucker who doesn't know any different.

Normally, practice jerseys don't have names and numbers, and are shuffled around every day. They're thrown in the hamper after practice, washed, and hung back up... but other than size (which I'm guessing the team has all the same size unless someone's HUGE) there are no identifying marks. I don't think the Wings are any different than most teams...

It's probably like the black one you have, and someone's just trying to take advantage of a sucker who doesn't know any different.

well i was thinking maybe someone bought a used one (at like hockeytown authentics) and the tag on the inside said the players name and then they got it lettered. BTW, This is the black practice... mine is not like this it looks like a real wings jersey just the main red is black

51dC3zjqhrL_AA280_.jpg

but these have numbers and names on them (practice/scrimmage) is the TC?

red_wings_practice4.jpg

Edited by OsGOD

The Wings "had" a powder blue jersey that was sold for marketing purposes? I haven't seen that. Yuck.

No, I know what the practice ones look like, this was definitely tblack Pro Player one, with the white stripe and the red half-sleeve, like the one I have. Like I said, it's no big deal and I saw it for sale on eBay a couple of years ago, but I was just curious if they ever wore them in a game.