• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

reyalp

Favorite team or teams OTHER than the Wings

Rate this topic

We all have teams we hate, like most of us would agree the Ducks and Pens.... What are the teams you like? I like the Wild alot, and I know most of you are gonna flame but I like the Preds too. I used to hate the Preds until I went and witnessed the ass kicking of a life time in Nashville this year when the Wings lost 8-0. They have a pretty exciting team to watch and the fans were actually really really nice to me. I dunno why but I've always liked the Wild too.

Leafs and Kings.

We don't have to worry about facing either one in the SCF (barring a huge upswing in Toronto) and any Kings victory against a team not wearing the Winged Wheel helps us in the standings.

I watched some of the Leafs games this year and I actually like them now. They're not very talented, but they work their bags of on the ice (thanks to Wilson, who isn't so useless when you're not asking him to win a cup) and they seem to be able to surprise you every game (often not a fun surprise, but sometimes it is!).

Sticking with my theme of underdog teams, I like seeing the Coyotes win some games. They have a lot of really talented kids on their team and would be much better if they had a competent, experienced coach. I like seeing the "bad" teams get their chance to put together a really great month. I feel bad for the kids on these teams that have every bit the determination players on better teams do, but not the means to put a good run at the cup together (e.g. the pitiful Islanders).

I was really happy that Columbus made the playoffs and thought they played really well this year. I felt bad that they drew the Wings in the first round, but in the end it was good for us.

I'd also like to see Flordia keep Bowmeester and manage to clean up their act. They had some great stretches this season and just barely missed the playoffs.

Oh, and anything that involves Ovechkin crushing the dreams of goaltenders.

So:

East:

Leafs

Panthers

Capitals

West:

Wings

Coyotes

Also note that I've managed to skip teams that have caused me undue heartache in the playoffs ;)

I still like the Oilers simply from fond days of watching Gretzky (I'd rather remember him as a player, not a coach, so not a fan of Phoenix).

I somewhat like the Capitals because of Fedorov and Atlanta because of Kozlov.

I have a soft spot for the Predators as well... that team gets so much crap luck and yet fights to the end each year.

Edited by egroen

Flyers and Kings.

If the offseason gives me no glimmer of hope for a tougher team, Odds are i'll be following the Flyers alot more this upcoming season, Then i have in previous seasons. Not changing allegances i'am a wings fan first and foremost, But i'am not dealing with another un-eventful regular season.

My clear cut 2nd favourite team is the Senators due to their run and gun dominating offensive play post lockout, the big 3 were amazing to watch... Sucks that Heatley wants out but I hope they get a good return.... They're declining but I still like them, pumped for Leclaire and as mentioned, the Heatley trade. I'd like to see Jay somehow land there...

other teams I like:

Washington - Ovechkin, Fedorov, Theodore, Laich, Jerseys

Buffalo - Roy, Connolly, Miller

Florida - just because, Booth, Horton

Philadelphia - Richards, Carter, Biron, Gagne, Giroux

Boston - Thomas, Lucic

Edmonton - Hemsky, Moreau, logo/colours

Wild - Gaborik, Burns, Logo

Toronto has been growing on me in recent years

teams I dislike:

Penguins

Ducks

Rangers

Hurricanes, although they are getting themselves into more neutral territory recently

Edited by T-Ruff

Be honest I hate every team other than the Wings but here is overall my pick:

1. Wings- no need for explaining this

2. Oilers- many young players and play very quick tempo hockey

3. Leafs- love their games always, no talented player but always dramatic games

4. Kings- hope they do well, liked the guys like Kopitar and Johnson

5. Sens- like their logos and Alfie is a gentle guy

Usually, I like the team that is very balanced and play not dirty. Besides, I want a fast and exciting games.

Here is the list I hate:

1. Avalanche- the idiot Lemieux.. end of a story

2. Ducks- Perry, Nidermayer, Pronger... never liked them since the Anaheim Mighty Ducks day

3. Blackhawks- hated them since I watched hockey in 1998.

4. Canucks- the most classless fans in the NHL

5. Penguins- never liked Crosby since the junior day and wonder where those crowds came from by 2 years.

6. Wild- no hated player, but too boring...

7. Any team has a ****** like Avery

Hawks, Bruins, Habs, and Caps are all favorites as long as they're not playing the Wings.

And yes I like the Hawks, I can't help it. Too much history and now with Kane and Toews, it's hard to not like them. Same with the Caps and Ovi.

I'm a Pens fan but I'll go on the record and say the Red Wings were always my favorite out west. Which has kind of made the last couple of years (and possibly the next few) a bit awkward.

I'm also partial to some of the Canadian teams, their fans just live and breathe hockey so much and I would like to see Winnipeg get a team back.

Edited by Free_Candy

Rangers and Capitals for me in the east

Always had a thing for the Stars in the west

Same. Although I don't know if I really like the Stars all that much, I mostly enjoy beating them and seeing Pavel make Turco look like a fool. Modano is hard not to like though.

Same. Although I don't know if I really like the Stars all that much, I mostly enjoy beating them and seeing Pavel make Turco look like a fool. Modano is hard not to like though.

I like the Stars, but I think only so long as Modano is on the team. I also have a soft spot for the Caps, the Rags and the Sabres.

Grand Rapids Griffins

I used to live in Anaheim in the early to mid 90's and cheered on the Ducks for awhile but any support for them ended in 2003. I do still like the Sharks.

Fortunely our team is so awesome that I don't need a back up team like I do in the Lions. I can't remember a year where I didn't have a backup team in football.

I have always had a soft spot for the Sabres out East and then actually meeting Derek Roy (a great guy) and his family keeps a small spot in my heart for them. I like watching the Caps, Bruins, and Flyers for entertainment value. I don't really like picking any team out West just cause most piss me off at times minus the Kings. I used to credit the Islanders a lot just because they found ways to slip into the playoffs before with a half ass roster and always some turmoil in the management or coaching positions in recent history. Although they have only been in the playoffs once since the lockout I think they will build up young and make things interesting again.

So if I had to pick 4 teams after the Wings

1. Detroit (obvious)

2. Sabres

3. Caps

4. Bruins

5. Islanders

Im expecting a lot of crap from this, buuuuut I do like the Preds. I have family in Nashville, been to a few games, went to the Wings away game in Dec down there. Fans are great, always a good exciting time watching the game. They play some decent hockey, a few guys have a lot of talent. For the record I despise TooToo. Damn whistles.

I do like to watch Bruins and Caps. Both clubs have a lot of talent, and when they are on they are on.

Give me a good match up and be glued to any game.

Oilers - This one actually goes back to 1997 when they beat Dallas on the Todd Marchant goal. My brother used to be a Stars fan, and I ended up going hardcore for the upset just to piss him off. It stuck ever since then.

Sabres - Just because of proximity. Wings, Pens, Jackets and Sabres are the teams within a three-hour drive of me. Wings are already my favorite, I can't like the Pens or Jackets, so the Sabres are left.

I also root for the rest of the Original Six just as a general rule, but nobody in particular stands out all that much there.