• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Samuelsson Selling His House?

Rate this topic

Everyone is going to miss Sammy a lot - and feel like complete assholes - once we sign a guy to a contract worth 1.2M and realize that that only gets you 6 goals and 19 points in todays NHL.

I admit - I've called him out more times than not, and I still can't deny how valuable he was for the money.

Just stopping to consider that he makes less than Draper does, and it starts to hurt.

This is expected. I will miss Sammy. He was a good role player on the team and a testament to our depth. I was annoyed with his shots going off the opposing teams shin pads, but he made up for it and was defensively responsible. Those two goals during the 08 SCF were awesome, and I'll never forget his goal against Anaheim earlier these playoffs, even though it wasn't a huge goal. It sounded like the post rang for 30 seconds...

Although, I must say that he is probably the worst body checker in the league next to Hudler. I can just imagine an opposing teams defense men picking up the puck in the corner and giving a quick glance to see whos forechecking on him...just to realize its Sammy. He must be thinking "oh thank goodness"

Hope he finds what he's looking for and in a way its a shame he can't remain with us. He's a great third line player.

Good Luck Sammy

Edited by FunkedUp

Whatever happens and where he goes I can tell you one thing for sure - He won't sell the damn house for months.

Just like the Eagles said........."You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".................:)

I have a weird feeling that Kenny has something up his sleeve. Something just feels a bit off. Anyone else get that sense?? I dunno- it just seems too hush hush for me!

As for Sammy, like most of you, I will have to find a new goat to scream at!

I have a weird feeling that Kenny has something up his sleeve. Something just feels a bit off. Anyone else get that sense?? I dunno- it just seems too hush hush for me!

As for Sammy, like most of you, I will have to find a new goat to scream at!

It'd be funny if it turns out Sammy was just moving to the other side of the city.

i will miss him at 1.2 mil hes a steal you arnt going to find to many 20g 30a guys at that price

ive yelled at the tv and at him in games but on the same token when he goes on one of him mini streaks i ALMOST consider buying a Sammy jersey .... almost

i will miss him at 1.2 mil hes a steal you arnt going to find to many 20g 30a guys at that price

ive yelled at the tv and at him in games but on the same token when he goes on one of him mini streaks i ALMOST consider buying a Sammy jersey .... almost

He's a filler, plain and simple, a pretty good filler I'll give him that much... but you can't really use stats to determine what he brings to the team, sure he'll score like 15 goals a year but look at the opportunities he gets. He plays a lot with the scoring lines and sees a ton of PP time... he's also given the red light to shoot whenever he friggen wants, if you factor in the amount of turnovers and wasted opportunities this guy has per season....his 15 goals all of a sudden doesn't seem all that impressive

I don't HATE the guy...... but I really don't like him, hopefully Leino can take his spot and we can save some money that way

It's gonna be weird not yelling at the tv when he screws up, or getting way to excited when he scores a big goal. Good luck Sammy.

I feel the same, who will I yell at now to get off the ice, and then say "Holy s***! Did he really just make that shot?!".........LOL!

He's a filler, plain and simple, a pretty good filler I'll give him that much... but you can't really use stats to determine what he brings to the team, sure he'll score like 15 goals a year but look at the opportunities he gets. He plays a lot with the scoring lines and sees a ton of PP time... he's also given the red light to shoot whenever he friggen wants, if you factor in the amount of turnovers and wasted opportunities this guy has per season....his 15 goals all of a sudden doesn't seem all that impressive

I don't HATE the guy...... but I really don't like him, hopefully Leino can take his spot and we can save some money that way

he is a filler but he is a filler that fit into our system not every player will do that and just about any wing who has a fairly decent shot is given the red light to shoot the puck whenever thats the team mentality pucks on net

Pretty much. In game one of the Cup last year, I was telling my buddy how much I thought Sammy sucked and he can't do anything but hit the goalie right in his logo. No sooner had I said that, he scored those two back-to-back goals.

The exact thing happened to me that game, only I put my foot in my mouth even further after the first goal by going on about how big of a fluke it was and would never happen again.

I liked him before that, but after that he became My Sammy (as anyone who has been in the GDT with me when he scored knows).

I've resigned myself to losing him. I only pray that he doesn't go to the Ducks or some place where I just can't root for him, like when Lang went to the Habs this year.

This is why I hate summer.

It must be scary when you drive.